Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I think that is my problem also.... I am hopping that as soon as the final sites are upgraded in my town (one is still 3g only) they will send a crew to optimize, i know they have the spectrum and the cell density to blanket my town in band 41, 25 and fill in the in building coverage with band 26... it is frustrating to know they can and then have them not implement it correctly :unsure: .

With the way the towers are laid out I should never lose LTE unless for extreme circumstances. But when B26 is weaker than B25 what can you do?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

With the way the towers are laid out I should never lose LTE unless for extreme circumstances. But when B26 is weaker than B25 what can you do?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

yeah, all you can do is wait and hope they will optimize it and use the towers and the spectrum to its fullest ability... In other words they need to execute, not only with the tower upgrades (they are doing that well) but with optimization and small cell densification.... They have the ability (spectrum, towers, funding from soft bank) to be the greatest cell provider in the United States! But only if they do it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I couldn't text this morning but I thought it was just my flagpole site being stupid. Error 2112. Edit: I had record-level bad radio active battery drain today too; I wonder if it was related. I didn't really notice because I barely used it today, but my settings are showing over 6hrs of radio active with about an hour of SOT.

I say...Flip the Switch on B26...Optimize later....( No I really don't mean that and I don't want to fry equipment and cause interference, but this is indeed taking a long time.) The only time I see Tower Climbers in these parts are AT&T installing 4g Panels, New Verizon Tower, & Sprint removing Nextel Antennas.

Sorry, was a bit too general there, the Nextel Panels came down around here in 2012, the new Verizon tower was like in 2010, and the AT&T 4G Panel replacement was in 2013.

I think this has been the plan, install and activate in a non interference manor I have a feeling they are prioritizing the optimization in large markets (makes business sense) unfortunately optimization is a slow and time consuming process (the way i under stand it) so it might take some time before smaller markets get fixed. :frantic:      

Yeah, halfway between Harrisburg and Philadelphia, right on the line of the two markets and Semi-Rural. Still the patches of LTE here and there is really fast!

• Like 1

I just figured out the text message issue....Sprint decided to take my advice and turn all the B26 on. However, they forgot to configure the MMS Gateway for B26. Upon fixing that issue they mistakenly routed all MMS's from the lat 24 hours through the Wi-Fi Calling infrastructure and around the Globe using the newly developed Open World platform until they finally arrived at their destination....OK maybe that not what happened:)

• Like 1

Some interesting info in this Blog Post on how Sprint is preparing its network for the Pope's visit:

Preparing for Pope Francis

(By Scott Santi, Regional Vice President, Network)

Sprint's network improvements are really paying off!  :)

Why do they not do this when Robert shows up?  He is leading his "flock" through the times, right?

• Like 11