Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I'm sure the experts in the trolling field will come, unsolicited, for free damage and thought control. They also put out free kool-aid. So generous.

People should really just stop replying to the trolls.  I honestly think the T-Mo crew would eventually get bored and stop posting.

• Like 3

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/oak-airport/2015/2H

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/fll-airport/2015/2H

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/mia-airport/2015/2H

It's all improvement except for the MIA test being hot garbage for Sprint. Can't see Marcelo being happy about that.

• Like 3

People should really just stop replying to the trolls. I honestly think the T-Mo crew would eventually get bored and stop posting.

This round was really entertaining because I give T-Mobile credit for entering the unlicensed space. That said, it's never enough for some people.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Spint's roaming partner in Idaho, Syringa Wireless will close its doors on Dec 31.

http://www.rcrwireless.com/20150903/carriers/another-rural-carrier-bites-the-dust-as-syringa-wireless-set-to-close-at-year-end-tag2

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 1

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Spint's roaming partner in Idaho, Syringa Wireless will close its doors on Dec 31.

http://www.rcrwireless.com/20150903/carriers/another-rural-carrier-bites-the-dust-as-syringa-wireless-set-to-close-at-year-end-tag2

I wonder if Sprint will acquire it's assets to turn that area into native coverage.
  • Like 2

I wonder if Sprint will acquire it's assets to turn that area into native coverage.

They'll probably be forced to as they'll be dumped to whoever else is the other roaming partner there... Probably Verizon.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

They'll probably be forced to as they'll be dumped to whoever else is the other roaming partner there... Probably Verizon.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I was thinking as opposed to just going to no service there rather than roaming on Verizon. There is one other option, the article did mention that Silver Star is part of Sprints program, maybe they could acquire the assets and continue the existing arrangement.
  • Like 1

Interestingly, in the latest PRL mostly international and Alltell SIDs were removed. There was one USCC SID (1173) in Idaho that was removed. I wonder if there's any connection there.  :ninja:

FWIW I attached a picture of Syringa's local coverage map.

Syringa_Wireless.png

• Like 3

Interestingly, in the latest PRL mostly international and Alltell SIDs were removed. There was one USCC SID (1173) in Idaho that was removed. I wonder if there's any connection there. :ninja:

FWIW I attached a picture of Syringa's local coverage map.

attachicon.gif Syringa_Wireless.png

Alltel's CDMA network has been shut down by AT&T, so that's not a surprise.
  • Like 1

I feel that pain where I live. :(

AJ

• Like 1

I was thinking as opposed to just going to no service there rather than roaming on Verizon. There is one other option, the article did mention that Silver Star is part of Sprints program, maybe they could acquire the assets and continue the existing arrangement.

We all knew this was bound to happen, not to all rural partners, but some are just not feasible from a business perspective. I hope that sprint, or one of the other rural partners get the network, b/c if not it will cost sprint far more to invest and cover the area even just to cut down on roaming costs.

It's a completely insignificant area to me as I have never been & don't plan on visiting, but in the spirit of hoping sprint can make lemonade or of lemons, I hope they either do a project ocean style expansion in a very cost effective manor, or back one of the other small carriers so that it stays out of the other 3's hands.

• Like 2

I'd advocate Sprint picking up Syringa in a similar manner that they took over Chinook in Montana. Make it so, Masa.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 10

Sprint’s ace in the hole

Interesting write-up on how Brightstar gives Sprint and SoftBank unique advantages for device leasing over the competition.

Good for Sprint.

I, however, don't like the implication that it seems at some point Sprint may ONLY offer Leasing for devices.

Right now I am on an EasyPay plan for my Nexus 6. Personally I like the fact that, theoretically, at some point I will actually fully own my Nexus 6.

I would not prefer to be on a Lease plan, because to me that seems to much like renting a phone.

• Like 4

I don't think I have heard any new information on this?  I'm going back to Montana in a couple weeks and would love to be on Sprint. 

The latest from my source a few weeks ago is they are just starting to hire subcontractors for Project Cedar field work.  Work should be starting soon.  But it is unlikely you will have any Sprint signals in a couple of weeks.  But there is a small chance you may find the start of equipment installs.

• Like 11

Good for Sprint.

I, however, don't like the implication that it seems at some point Sprint may ONLY offer Leasing for devices.

Right now I am on an EasyPay plan for my Nexus 6. Personally I like the fact that, theoretically, at some point I will actually fully own my Nexus 6.

I would not prefer to be on a Lease plan, because to me that seems to much like renting a phone.

I guess I don't see much of a difference between leasing and buying if you are one to switch devices every year or so anyway.  Leasing allows $0 down and a lower monthly fee then easy pay, and I don't have to worry about selling my phone when it's time for a new one.  And if you do end up wanting to keep the phone at the end of the lease, you do always have the option of buying it out.

There is also a misconception that a leased device has to be returned in perfect condition.  That is not true.  As long as the display is not cracked, no water damage, ect you are fine. In reality I worry less about keeping my leased phone perfect then before because I am not concerned about resale.  And it does not matter if you are on easy pay or lease, if you lose or damage the phone you would have to pay off the contract balance either way.  Basically you should have insurance with either option.

If you are somebody that keeps phones until they are dead, then by all means easy pay or outright buy is the way to go.  But if you upgrade on a regular cycle anyway, I really don't see the disadvantage to leasing.  I think Sprint is smart for offering it. But I do think they should offer all options and give the customer the choice.

• Like 1

Sprint will start selling the new Star Wars droid toy in all its stores (incl. acquired Radioshacks) and online.  The droid can be controlled by your phone.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-drive-traffic-its-stores-selling-new-star-wars-bb-8-app-enabled-droi/2015-09-04

• Like 4

Sprint will start selling the new Star Wars droid toy in all its stores (incl. acquired Radioshacks) and online.  The droid can be controlled by your phone.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-drive-traffic-its-stores-selling-new-star-wars-bb-8-app-enabled-droi/2015-09-04

Smart way to pull those fall season and holiday shoppers into the stores.

• Like 1