Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

This to me seems impressive and more beneficial at 700mhz than b41 at 2600mhz.

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news/t-mobile-fastest-lte-network-wideband-new-york.htm

Link added

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But where is 700Mhz mentioned anywhere in that release?  :confused: 

• Like 1

thought that 700mhz was their wideband roll out - from spectrum acquired from vzw?

Maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time :-)

Nah, they don't have enough 700A (12Mhz) on it's own to deploy what they term their 'Wideband" LTE. Plus, I believe that they still may have channel 51 issues in New York which currently prevent them from deploying their 700MHz. I believe that this press release is referring to their AWS-1 spectrum.

thought that 700mhz was their wideband roll out - from spectrum acquired from vzw?

Maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time :-)

700MHz is limited to 5MHz channel width. It will perform like Sprint B26. Where you can get it.

Wideband is 15-20MHz wide channels allowing for faster throughput speed. You will not see those kind of speeds on Tmo B12/700MHz carriers.

• Like 2

700MHz is limited to 5MHz channel width. It will perform like Sprint B26. Where you can get it.

Wideband is 15-20MHz wide channels allowing for faster throughput speed. You will not see those kind of speeds on Tmo B12/700MHz carriers.

Thanks

Trust me I'm not a TMO user Just edge where I am.

But I'm a fan of anything that can motivate sprint to hurry up ;-)

Nah, they don't have enough 700A (12Mhz) on it's own to deploy what they term their 'Wideband" LTE. Plus, I believe that they still may have channel 51 issues in New York which currently prevent them from deploying their 700MHz. I believe that this press release is referring to their AWS-1 spectrum.

Yeah, they've already said that they likely won't be able to deploy 700MHz here until the 600MHz auction in 2016.

I didn't, but my mother did and she felt special since it was FedEx'ed. Oh the gimmicks people fall for.

:rolleyes:

I just got the FedEx envelope.  I have to say, this is really effective marketing.  I usually don't open junk mail, but a FedEx envelope stands out and screams for attention.  Definitely a gimmick... but a gimmick that is targeted correctly for a higher ARPU market.

• Like 2

Wow. Just got a Hallmark card (in a Hallmark envelope with a first-class stamp) from Sprint/Marcelo, hand written and all, thanking us for our loyalty and reminding us of the new loyalty offers. Cool!

• Like 4

More accurately, it's impossible. Band 12/13/14/17 do not permit carrier sizes larger than 10MHz FDD. In fact, the only low-frequency band class to allow it is Band 28 (APT 700MHz FDD).

Wow. Just got a Hallmark card (in a Hallmark envelope with a first-class stamp) from Sprint/Marcelo, hand written and all, thanking us for our loyalty and reminding us of the new loyalty offers. Cool!

We got one too. My father was quick to throw it in the trash. He said "they take over $200 month from me and all I get was this lousy card" Haha he has no clue.

• Like 3

Hallmark, another great KC-area company. I had no idea they owned Crayola until I did some consulting work. Pretty cool!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Hallmark, another great KC-area company. I had no idea they owned Crayola until I did some consulting work. Pretty cool!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Woah. They own Crayola? TIL. Cool!

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/indianapolis-in/2014/2H

Sprint beat T-Mobile in data in Indy and they don't even have full 8T8R deployment. 

Also, 

Thanks for reminding me of that site. I see they have Dallas, TX 2nd Half report up. Frustratingly, Sprint still trails T-Mobile. And, this was measured with a Spark enabled phone in a Spark market. I don't understand why Sprint would be in last in this market. 

Thanks for reminding me of that site. I see they have Dallas, TX 2nd Half report up. Frustratingly, Sprint still trails T-Mobile. And, this was measured with a Spark enabled phone in a Spark market. I don't understand why Sprint would be in last in this market.

I'm not surprised.

Premier has all the info you would ever want.

Well. I thought the Spark rollout in this market was complete. It was one of the first LTE markets and Spark markets. Is there really more work to be done?

When you get talk like this, I expect to see blazing speeds. 120Mbps? Lucky to see 20Mbps.

Well. I thought the Spark rollout in this market was complete. It was one of the first LTE markets and Spark markets. Is there really more work to be done?

When you get talk like this, I expect to see blazing speeds. 120Mbps? Lucky to see 20Mbps.

Past a consistent 6 mb download speed doesn't matter.

Well. I thought the Spark rollout in this market was complete. It was one of the first LTE markets and Spark markets. Is there really more work to be done? When you get talk like this, I expect to see blazing speeds. 120Mbps? Lucky to see 20Mbps.

Is there something you are not able to do with 20Mbps? I'm not trying to be a jerk but I can stream high definition video with 5Mbps. I agree that if they promised a certain speed they should deliver that speed. At the same time I also feel that Sprint has come along way recently.

• Like 2

Being one of the first Spark markets makes it almost entirely a Clearwire LTE Spark market which isn't the best experience and does not mean the rollout is complete by any means. It's going to take the market filling out with more Sprint sites getting their Spark equipment to really get it where it can be great and unfortunately markets like DFW will struggle with this for awhile thanks to a vendor issue. So DFW isn't going to be comparable to a market like Chicago (which isn't facing the same issues) for awhile until the problems can be worked out. You should really consider a sponsorship if at all possible, there is a lot of information about this stuff available in there.

• Like 2

Current max Spark speeds are ~70mbps real-world, and ~90mbps in absolutely perfect conditions. The 120 and 180 speeds won't happen until Carrier Aggregation, which is supposed to turned on "soon." But to use it you'll need a new device. The Note 4 Edge is the only Sprint device that will support it so far AFAIK.

Regardless, you really don't need speeds that high.

Not complete. Just launched. Not anywhere near complete. Much more coverage, higher speed backhaul and carrier aggregation still coming to DFW.

Using Nexus 5 on Tapatalk

• Like 1