Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dnicekid

Reading that note 4 snapdragon 805 cant keep up with the pixel display . They said graphics are weak , have not touch the device yet so i dont know.

Looking to upgrade to the Note 4 coming from a Galaxy S3. I want to keep the S3 and try to trade in my old HTC Evo 4G Wimax. Sprint won't take it because the buyback has to be $10 and the Evo is only $5 on the Sprint site. Does Best Buy have a similar requirement or will they take the Wimax? If not I'll just try with one of the Walmart cheapo phones mentioned above.

Looking to upgrade to the Note 4 coming from a Galaxy S3. I want to keep the S3 and try to trade in my old HTC Evo 4G Wimax. Sprint won't take it because the buyback has to be $10 and the Evo is only $5 on the Sprint site. Does Best Buy have a similar requirement or will they take the Wimax? If not I'll just try with one of the Walmart cheapo phones mentioned above.

I was told by the Samsung rep @ Best Buy that if it is on the BB trade in site even for no value that it counts. I bought a prepaid phone as a back up just in case. A guy I work with offered me an old Blackberry but I didn't want to be in a pinch on pick up day. The Samsung rep pointed out the prepaid phone being on sale for $20 so I will just return it if they take the Blackberry. Their site does leave them a lot of room to decline just about anything if they wanted to.

Sent from the cosmos

• Like 1

Reading that note 4 snapdragon 805 cant keep up with the pixel display . They said graphics are weak , have not touch the device yet so i dont know.

Where are you seeing that? I tried looking it up but see stories about the already released versions that have Exynos Processor, not Snapdragon 805.

• Like 1

The review I read that claimed poor graphics performance was for the octacore Exynos chip. I haven't seen that yet for the 805 Qualcom version. Where did you read that?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The review I read that claimed poor graphics performance was for the octacore Exynos chip. I haven't seen that yet for the 805 Qualcom version. Where did you read that? Oops should have read all the posts first, this is kind of a dupe of the last message.

So here's something I've been wondering about. Samsung says it will accept trade-ins from "participating retailers". Do they list who those retailers are? My phone is worthless in the Sprint buyback system so I was thinking of using Gazelle where I could get about $65. Would Samsung accept a trade in with Gazelle?

I was told by the Samsung rep @ Best Buy that if it is on the BB trade in site even for no value that it counts. I bought a prepaid phone as a back up just in case. A guy I work with offered me an old Blackberry but I didn't want to be in a pinch on pick up day. The Samsung rep pointed out the prepaid phone being on sale for $20 so I will just return it if they take the Blackberry. Their site does leave them a lot of room to decline just about anything if they wanted to.

It shows up for $8 so hopefully they take it. Thanks.

I wish we did have a good review of this phone available before I pull the trigger on a pre-order. As stated above the reviews complaining about the performance are not with the 805 we'll get.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I got 2 confirmations fron sprint that "International Wifi calling" does include the US. It's just a PR term. If for some reason it didn't, mine would be going back.

^ From the comments on the wall article.

^ From the comments on the wall article.

Also, if you look at the S4 on Sprint.com it is also listed as "International wifi calling" just like the note 4.

The news release for S4 International Wifi Calling is here. It lists free domestic wifi calling and standard international rates apply.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/devices-apps-and-services/tri-band-capable-samsung-galaxy-s-4-gets-wi-fi-calling.htm

^^^just noticed someone already said that a page back.

Anyone else see this?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-4-Sprint-version-gets-a-price-cut-though-this-doesnt-make-it-affordable_id61478

Hopefully those of us who pre-ordered at $350 will get some sort of refund... :fingers:

Don't take any chances. Just call/webchat them now and have them credit your account. That's what I did.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Best Buy is still showing $349 on their site. If they don't drop the price, will they price match Sprint's price when the phone comes out?

Best Buy is still showing $349 on their site. If they don't drop the price, will they price match Sprint's price when the phone comes out?

Hey newboyx,

Can you confirm or deny whether Best Buy will match Sprint's $299.99 price for a 2-year contract instead of the $349.99 that you currently have listed for pre-orders.  If not, I may need to cancel my pre-orders with Bestbuy and do it through Sprint and just wait on my $200 trade-in money for my phone from Samsung.

I can't see why Best Buy wouldn't match the same pre-order price as Sprint itself is doing?

Nice, thanks for pointing that out. Makes things easier not to have to worry about a price match.

Interesting, I emailed them about the Sprint price change asking if they would change it. I asked at 10:31AM today, but received no reply.

Interesting, I emailed them about the Sprint price change asking if they would change it. I asked at 10:31AM today, but received no reply.

Yeah I was on hold with my local mobile department for Best Buy, and she was adamant that it was $299.99 like all the other carriers, so I pressed her on it.  She put me on hold, and while I was on hold I looked it up again because earlier this morning it was still $349.99.  So when she got back on the line, I told her never mind that I saw the website is up to date now.

Maybe your email jogged corporate to fix the price on their website.

Edited by troyd96

I sent a tweet to @BestBuySupport this morning asking about something else and got a reply in less than two minutes. I don't know if that was an anomaly or not, but that may be the way to go next time instead of email (if you're on Twitter).