Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dnicekid

I pre-ordered two at BB on 9/26 and the mobile guy didn't have a clue about the $200 gift card either, but walked over to a guy with a Samsung shirt on and he printed out something showing him about it. He put it with my pre-order paperwork. He also said the gift card can be used toward the purchase of the Note 4 as did the Samsung representative. Just an FYI. At the time I pre-ordered they didn't have the white one on their system but they do now, so I gotta go back and cancel one and get one white one now for the wife.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

http://www.androidauthority.com/note-4-screen-gap-532004/

Not exactly what I want to see but if the manual predates the gap discovery it must not be anticipated to be a problem. I wonder how long till apple fans claim the bending is a design feature...

Sent from the cosmos

But does it bend.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 3

http://www.androidauthority.com/note-4-screen-gap-532004/

Not exactly what I want to see but if the manual predates the gap discovery it must not be anticipated to be a problem. I wonder how long till apple fans claim the bending is a design feature...

Sent from the cosmos

Someone showed off that it has been possible to do as far back as the Note II, and is mentioned in the previous manuals as well. Not sure how much an issue this is, a business card is about 0.3 mm thick.

I wonder if is just they can't manufacture them to tighter specifications, or if the design is intentional to allow show absorption during drops. Samsungs battery doors are similarly designed - keep complain about them popping off during a drop, but it is intentional to allow the battery to come loose instead of its weight smashing on the phone.

• Like 1

I think I just got a little ripped off. I bought a $30 Craigslist phone (Samsung Admire for Metro PCS).  Seemed to work perfect at the time but power button is hit or miss to turn screen off (mostly miss). Everything on the phone works besides this. Was gonna use it for the $200 off promotion. Anyone know if I'm going to have to use a different phone?

Just FYI For those of you wanting to do the Best Buy deal. I found out tonight that if you are required to put any money down for easy pay (If you're in the mid credit category). You cannot use the $50 gift card towards the down payment of the phone (The $50 pre-order down payment). So If you are required to put $250 down on Easy Pay, The $50 pre-order cannot go towards it, nor can the credit apparently. But i'm still skeptical. I visited both the Best Buy Mobile in the mall and the store tonight and they wouldn't do it. So in essence, You basically have to pay $250 plus tax at the time of pickup and you can use the $50 gift card towards accessories at Best Buy. The reason being is because the $250 down payment goes right to Sprint, not to Best Buy (Through Easy Pay). 

Just FYI For those of you wanting to do the Best Buy deal. I found out tonight that if you are required to put any money down for easy pay (If you're in the mid credit category). You cannot use the $50 gift card towards the down payment of the phone (The $50 pre-order down payment). So If you are required to put $250 down on Easy Pay, The $50 pre-order cannot go towards it, nor can the credit apparently. But i'm still skeptical. I visited both the Best Buy Mobile in the mall and the store tonight and they wouldn't do it. So in essence, You basically have to pay $250 plus tax at the time of pickup and you can use the $50 gift card towards accessories at Best Buy. The reason being is because the $250 down payment goes right to Sprint, not to Best Buy (Through Easy Pay).

Correct, Easy Pay payments (including tax due at activation) are processed on Sprint's behalf by Best Buy. Best Buy gift cards can not be used for those transactions, only a major credit card.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Correct, Easy Pay payments (including tax due at activation) are processed on Sprint's behalf by Best Buy. Best Buy gift cards can not be used for those transactions, only a major credit card.

Now my question is, what about the $200 trade in credit? Can that still be taken off? So I'd only have to put $50 down plus tax at time of pickup? The only bummer is the throw away $50 gift card? Or would it still have to be $250 down?

Now my question is, what about the $200 trade in credit? Can that still be taken off? So I'd only have to put $50 down plus tax at time of pickup? The only bummer is the throw away $50 gift card? Or would it still have to be $250 down?

You can not use a Best Buy gift card on any part of an Easy Pay transaction. You would have to use your own money to pay the entire $250. There is something in Sprint's system that only allows payment to them for Easy Pay transactions. When you make the down payment it actually goes through as a bill payment to your account. This is unique to Sprint. This is not an issue with AT&T or Verizon.

You can not use a Best Buy gift card on any part of an Easy Pay transaction. You would have to use your own money to pay the entire $250. There is something in Sprint's system that only allows payment to them for Easy Pay transactions. When you make the down payment it actually goes through as a bill payment to your account. This is unique to Sprint. This is not an issue with AT&T or Verizon.

So I would be better off doing it through Sprint directly and tying up my money for 6-8 weeks and waiting on the check to come from Samsung after trading in my phone?

What if you don't need to put any money down? Can you use the cards to pay the balance down and then finance the remaining balance?

What if you don't need to put any money down? Can you use the cards to pay the balance down and then finance the remaining balance?

No. The only form of payment accepted for any Easy Pay transaction is a major credit card.

Only customers getting the Note 4 on a 2 year contract can use the gift cards.

No. The only form of payment accepted for any Easy Pay transaction is a major credit card.

Only customers getting the Note 4 on a 2 year contract can use the gift cards.

Wait. I thought it was said you could use the gift card for purchase of the phone. I plan to buy mine outright, off contract.

My complete plan is to have BB price match Sprint retail price of $720, add tax, apply $50 pre-order card and $200 card to balance, and use credit card to pay remaining balance. Doable?

Like I mentioned in the iPhone thread, I went to Best Buy to check out the iPhones and Notes and I have to tell you I was really impressed with both devices. (Actually I was impressed with all 4 devices). The iPhones felt nice and I like that they are much bigger now. But I'm an Android guy at heart and the two Notes really were nice. The Note Edge for some reason looked a bit wider but still felt good in the hands. I got used to the side edge notifications really quick. I talked to the Best Buy guy and they said that both Notes will be priced the same. (Although I find that hard to believe with all the reports stating the Edge will be have a premium charge, but if true, it will be awesome.

The only thing I didn't like was that Best Buy had the Note Edge on a tighter spiral lock mechanism which kept pulling down the Edge back into the holder and that prevented me from determining and comparing the weight against the regular Note 4.

TS

Like I mentioned in the iPhone thread, I went to Best Buy to check out the iPhones and Notes and I have to tell you I was really impressed with both devices. (Actually I was impressed with all 4 devices). The iPhones felt nice and I like that they are much bigger now. But I'm an Android guy at heart and the two Notes really were nice. The Note Edge for some reason looked a bit wider but still felt good in the hands. I got used to the side edge notifications really quick. I talked to the Best Buy guy and they said that both Notes will be priced the same. (Although I find that hard to believe with all the reports stating the Edge will be have a premium charge, but if true, it will be awesome.

The only thing I didn't like was that Best Buy had the Note Edge on a tighter spiral lock mechanism which kept pulling down the Edge back into the holder and that prevented me from determining and comparing the weight against the regular Note 4.

TS

There is no way the Edge will have no price premium. The few markets around the world where it has been announced, it has a significant premium ($300). Besides the fact it makes no sense.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Besides the fact it makes no sense.

I'm in no way saying I want the edge but some may have (and did) say the Note made no sense a few years back too. New technology usually takes a little while for the public to figure out a need or use for it.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm in no way saying I want the edge but some may have (and did) say the Note made no sense a few years back too. New technology usually takes a little while for the public to figure out a need or use for it.

I'm not saying the Edge makes no sense. I'm referring to the BB employee saying it would cost the same as having no sense :)

• Like 1

I'm not saying the Edge makes no sense. I'm referring to the BB employee saying it would cost the same as having no sense :)

Gotcha, guess I read that the wrong way.

I think I just got a little ripped off. I bought a $30 Craigslist phone (Samsung Admire for Metro PCS). Seemed to work perfect at the time but power button is hit or miss to turn screen off (mostly miss). Everything on the phone works besides this. Was gonna use it for the $200 off promotion. Anyone know if I'm going to have to use a different phone?

Just have the screen on and set it to a higher time for screen time out and hand it to the best buy person. All they will check for is cracks in the screen and that the touchscreen works.
  • Like 2

Sprint made a few changes in that system wide shutdown yesterday.

1- The $24 price difference between ordering the Black and White Note 4 is not longer there. Both colors are the same price now.

2- The Galaxy Note 4 price 2 yr price has gone down from $349 to now $299 in the Sprint store. This price now matches all retailers and all other Notes from other carriers.

TS

• Like 6

Sprint made a few changes in that system wide shutdown yesterday.

1- The $24 price difference between ordering the Black and White Note 4 is not longer there. Both colors are the same price now.

2- The Galaxy Note 4 price 2 yr price has gone down from $349 to now $299 in the Sprint store. This price now matches all retailers and all other Notes from other carriers.

TS

So glad to hear that. That makes the phone $99 with the best buy trade in or Samsung's rebate with a trade in.

Forgive me in advance..I'm easily confused..If I take my Kyocera Vibe

into Best Buy this week or next and order a Note does the Samsung $200 get

applied to the $299 price you stated above?  I get a brand new Note for $99

as long as I'm ok with a 2 yr contact?? Yes? No?  I don't want a $200

BB gift card that I have to use buying their junk...anyone out there really

understand how the Sammy Trade-in program works at BB?