Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dnicekid

I assume you went to see it.

Yeah I'm did. I'm very impressed CA is a non issue at this point so it don't think I'll can talk myself out of it.

Sent from my CoziBlurred4.3 gN2

• Like 1

I have two best Buys close to me and both have the Samsung Experience and hoping that they have both the Note 4 and Edge on display. There was a member over at slickdeals that saw both. I really want to check out that Edge before coming to a conclusion of which to get.

TS

this one did not have the Edge

Just left a best buy and I was told that I get the $200 gift card at time of preorder with any working smartphone trade in. My old evo 4g had some dead pixels so they wouldn't accept that but the gift card timing is different than what I've been reading so passing it along for whatever it's worth.

I'm going to try and find a phone on craigslist for cheap and come back and do the preoder and see what happens with the gift card.

• Like 1

Just left a best buy and I was told that I get the $200 gift card at time of preorder with any working smartphone trade in. My old evo 4g had some dead pixels so they wouldn't accept that but the gift card timing is different than what I've been reading so passing it along for whatever it's worth.

I'm going to try and find a phone on craigslist for cheap and come back and do the preoder and see what happens with the gift card.

You get the card at the time of pre-order? Wow. I thought it would be at the time of purchase. What happens if someone cancels his/her pre-order? Are they going to ask for the card back?

You get the card at the time of pre-order? Wow. I thought it would be at the time of purchase. What happens if someone cancels his/her pre-order? Are they going to ask for the card back?

Yeah I'm not sure that's part of why I don't know how true it is. Since there's a $50 pre order fee that's put towards the phone when you pick up maybe a CC is required to reserve it so they could charge your card the difference if you don't pick up?

Yeah I'm not sure that's part of why I don't know how true it is. Since there's a $50 pre order fee that's put towards the phone when you pick up maybe a CC is required to reserve it so they could charge your card the difference if you don't pick up?

The gift card is not issued until the time of trade-in after the activation of the Note 4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The gift card is not issued until the time of trade-in after the activation of the Note 4.

That def makes more sense. I'm on my way to pick up an old lumina from a person on craigslist and then head to that best buy.

Were you able to confirm if the gift card can be used towards the purchase of the phone?

That def makes more sense. I'm on my way to pick up an old lumina from a person on craigslist and then head to that best buy.

Were you able to confirm if the gift card can be used towards the purchase of the phone?

The information does not explicitly state that it can't be. It should work like every other trade in promotion. The point of the trade in promotion is to lower the out of pocket expense for the customer to encourage them to spend the money here instead of elsewhere. Every single trade in promotion I have ever processed has been able to use it to purchase the new phone. I have seen nothing that states this is any different.

• Like 1

The information does not explicitly state that it can't be. It should work like every other trade in promotion. The point of the trade in promotion is to lower the out of pocket expense for the customer to encourage them to spend the money here instead of elsewhere. Every single trade in promotion I have ever processed has been able to use it to purchase the new phone. I have seen nothing that states this is any different.

That's how it was explained to me today at best buy. Basically 50 down and 50 when you pick it up that's with the trade

• Like 2

That's how it was explained to me today at best buy. Basically 50 down and 50 when you pick it up that's with the trade

I thought the Sprint version is $350? So with a trade, wouldn't it be $50 down and $100 at pickup?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I have two best Buys close to me and both have the Samsung Experience and hoping that they have both the Note 4 and Edge on display. There was a member over at slickdeals that saw both. I really want to check out that Edge before coming to a conclusion of which to get.

TS

One larger BB by me did have it, another one did not.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The Best Buy guy told me he wasn't sure they could price match Sprint's price of $720 because he didn't know if the item would have a UMRP. IPhones have them and they can't price match competitors. We checked other Samsung phones and they did not have a UMRP. So, signs point to it being possible to match z Sprint. Any way to or anyone know for sure?

EDIT : I'm buying off contract.

Edited by kamiller42

I wonder why Samsung and Sprint decided not to support the RRPP and CCA LTE band 12 in the Note 4.  Hopefully all Sprint 2015 LTE phons include B12 support. 

Development of the Note 4 probably began before there was RRPP / CCA in place. The reason the iPhone supports it isn't that they were forward thinking, it was that the iPhone has a lot of supported bands so that Apple has fewer versions of the phone.

• Like 1

One of my local best buy's had both the Note 4 and the edge on display. Was pretty happy with the look and feel, so I think I'll bite the bullet and preorder. Question is, best buy at $350 but the $200 instantly for the trade in or amazon for $299, with a smaller trade in followed by Samsung cutting the check for the difference in several weeks. Seems like saving the extra $50 would be worth the wait. Anyone think there would be any problems with using the amazon trade in for the Samsung rebate?

One of my local best buy's had both the Note 4 and the edge on display. Was pretty happy with the look and feel, so I think I'll bite the bullet and preorder. Question is, best buy at $350 but the $200 instantly for the trade in or amazon for $299, with a smaller trade in followed by Samsung cutting the check for the difference in several weeks. Seems like saving the extra $50 would be worth the wait. Anyone think there would be any problems with using the amazon trade in for the Samsung rebate?

Best Buy should price match.

The benefit of the bb deal is you can trade in any working smartphone and doesn't have to be worth at least $10 for the Samsung one. Of course if you have a phone worth at least $10 then saving $50 more might be worthwhile.

Best Buy should price match.

Their price match program explicitly says they won't price match online retailers for contract phone prices. You might get them to price match something like Sam's Club or Costco if they have a better price.

• Like 1

Their price match program explicitly says they won't price match online retailers for contract phone prices. You might get them to price match something like Sam's Club or Costco if they have a better price.

Yeah, spoke with a BB employee in the Samsung section last night and he said that they wouldn't be able to price match Amazon on it.   Oh well, wasn't like they were going to hand me the phone today. I went ahead and pre-ordered mine this morning through Amazon, they offered $47 to trade in an old Galaxy S2 I had laying around, so I'll take that and submit it the Samsung promo for the difference.   Probably won't get the phone till the 20th or 21st due to the shipping, and the rebate till December but $50 is $50.

They also wouldn't price match Amazon for the HTC one M8 for my son, $49 on Amazon, $199 at BB and no way was I going to pay $150 more for the same phone. Now on to what case I want to get....   

Yeah, spoke with a BB employee in the Samsung section last night and he said that they wouldn't be able to price match Amazon on it.   Oh well, wasn't like they were going to hand me the phone today. I went ahead and pre-ordered mine this morning through Amazon, they offered $47 to trade in an old Galaxy S2 I had laying around, so I'll take that and submit it the Samsung promo for the difference.   Probably won't get the phone till the 20th or 21st due to the shipping, and the rebate till December but $50 is $50.

They also wouldn't price match Amazon for the HTC one M8 for my son, $49 on Amazon, $199 at BB and no way was I going to pay $150 more for the same phone. Now on to what case I want to get....   

I pre-ordered a Spigen case for the Note 4. I have one for my S4 and it's a really nice case. Great protection and it's surprisingly thin. A $30 case for $18.99 when pre-ordered through Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271610116496?var=570447100916&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Edit: Just FYI, it may not be ready by launch day but it was still worth it to me at that price. 

I also pre-ordered a Spigen "glas.tr" glass screen protector through Amazon. It's regular price is $40. Through Amazon, they are selling it at a pre-order price of $20 with shipping. Seems like a good deal. They get great reviews on You Tube. It took a guy using a drill to even scratch it on the review I watched. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MAWS5EY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I filled out the online order form 3 times now. Keep thinking how grim things are at work and I don't finalize the order. Maybe the next time I go for Chili Verde and a couple big mugs of beer my willpower will lessen. I keep thinking maybe I should wait and see on the Nexus X but it won't  have a removable battery and microsd card. I miss not having all my music on my phone and I end up charging my Nexus 5 a couple times a day plus over night.