Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dnicekid

Forgive me in advance..I'm easily confused..If I take my Kyocera Vibe

into Best Buy this week or next and order a Note does the Samsung $200 get

applied to the $299 price you stated above?  I get a brand new Note for $99

as long as I'm ok with a 2 yr contact?? Yes? No?  I don't want a $200

BB gift card that I have to use buying their junk...anyone out there really

understand how the Sammy Trade-in program works at BB?

The way these programs have worked in the past with Best Buy is that they immediately use the gift card towards the price of the phone. Best Buy would probably customers if they gave out the discount as Best Buy cards that don't go towards the phone.

https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/Note4/

Says "Best Buy customers go in-store to redeem instantly." <- If they don't use it as discount on the phone, that wording would be wide open for false advertising.

I pre-ordered last week. I paid $50 and they gave me a $50 gift card. I was told to bring the $50 gift card back with me on release day when I pick it up. That $50 will be applied to the cost. I was also told to bring in my old smart phone and would get $200 credit applied to the cost. I'm keeping my old phone so I picked up a Casio G'z One Commando 4G for super cheap to satisfy the promotion. Since Sprint just lowered the cost to $300 on contract, I should only have to pay $50 plus tax on release day because of already having the $50 gift card.

My understanding is this promotion can only be applied to the cost of the phone if you are getting it on contract or buying it full price. If you are getting it through Easy Pay (or whatever Sprint calls it) you can't use any Best Buy gift cards toward the cost of the phone.  

• Like 2

Interesting, Galaxy...was your purchase for a NEW line of service or were upgrading

an existing phone on your Sprint account?  Starting to look like this $200

promotion (hosted by Sprint & Sammy) is for NEW lines of service; it does not

appear that I can get the promotion with a phone already under a 2 yr contract..

thoughts on this?  Really , in the end, what I would like to do is replace my

Kyocera Vibe (which is under a two yr contract) with a brand new Note for

$99...right now the evidence I've gathered suggests that I cannot do this; I COULD

get a NEW note for $99 if I wanted to add yet another contract & line of service

but then I'm paying an extra monthly bill..Have I got this right?

Looks like the whole idea is to entice new folks NOT to buy the iPhone 6!!!!

Interesting, Galaxy...was your purchase for a NEW line of service or were upgrading

an existing phone on your Sprint account? Starting to look like this $200

appear that I can get the promotion with a phone already under a 2 yr contract..

thoughts on this? Really , in the end, what I would like to do is replace my

$99...right now the evidence I've gathered suggests that I cannot do this; I COULD

get a NEW note for $99 if I wanted to add yet another contract & line of service

This promotion is mainly for upgrades. Not sure where you saw otherwise.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

For those thinking of buying from Best Buy, you must accept a 2 year agreement to get the $200. The Samsung non-BB $200 offer lets you buy the phone on or off contract.

I did not have a good experience at BB. I went to cancel at BB because they could not guarantee they could price match Sprint's $720 price (BB sells Note 4 for $800.) and because of the 2 year agreement requirement (I'm on Framily and have no such option.). They first wanted to tell me I could only cancel a pre-order on the same day it was made. Second, they said no refunds on the gift card created for the deposit. They were wrong on both counts. The pre-order agreement says I may cancel at anytime. It also says pre-order cancellation does not affect redeeming the gift card or returning it for a credit. They cancelled the order, but refused to give money back on card. BB does not honor its pre-order agreement.

Ordering from Sprint was much easier. Turned in old phone immediately. BuyBack amount when to balance of Note 4. For me, since they put me on EasyPay automatically, was just the tax. And, I got the lower $720 price.

an existing phone on your Sprint account?  Starting to look like this $200

thoughts on this?  Really , in the end, what I would like to do is replace my

https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/Note4/

https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/note4/en-us/Rules

Nowhere in either of those does it say anything about a new line of service. You just have to be eligible for a normal upgrade (is it 22 months, 20 months now for Sprint?). Otherwise, you'd get $200 off the price of the full purchase price. You can't use the Best Buy deal to get money off Easypay because of the way the Sprint Easypay system coordinates with Best Buy.

• Like 1

I think I've got it...the reason I can't get the $99 price is that I'm not out that

far on my contract obligation (22 months or whatever); it will let me buy it

with Easy pay but then that would be $720 PLUS monthly expenses if I

activated it!! Too rich for me..I'll keep my cheap Vibe another year or

wait until the hysteria dies down with the new devices and Sprint needs

to relax the upgrades to spur sales!!

Scuba,

From what I read, Sprint just extended device upgrades from 20 months to 24 months for anyone who upgrades ON or AFTER September 12, 2014. See the link below. This brings Sprint in line with AT&T and Verizon who changed their upgrade cycles to 24 months last year. I highly doubt Sprint would ever change that back to 20 months in the future. 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1931-network-visionlte-puerto-ricovirgin-islands-market/?p=367597

Sprint made a few changes in that system wide shutdown yesterday.

1- The $24 price difference between ordering the Black and White Note 4 is not longer there. Both colors are the same price now.

2- The Galaxy Note 4 price 2 yr price has gone down from $349 to now $299 in the Sprint store. This price now matches all retailers and all other Notes from other carriers.

TS

Damn, I already pre-ordered for $349 on the Sprint site and they charged my credit card already. I wonder if they'll give me the $50 back?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think I've got it...the reason I can't get the $99 price is that I'm not out that

far on my contract obligation (22 months or whatever); it will let me buy it

with Easy pay but then that would be $720 PLUS monthly expenses if I

activated it!! Too rich for me..I'll keep my cheap Vibe another year or

wait until the hysteria dies down with the new devices and Sprint needs

to relax the upgrades to spur sales!!

That's why I like plans that don't subsidize the phone. Move between phones whenever you like in exchange for lower plan prices. I'm loving the Framily plan.

Edited by kamiller42
  • Like 2

Damn, I already pre-ordered for $349 on the Sprint site and they charged my credit card already. I wonder if they'll give me the $50 back?

I'm calling them now.

I called. I was told to wait until the phone arrives, and then call for the $50 credit to my account. The sales rep told me she made a specific note in my account to give the refund. 

• Like 1

I called. I was told to wait until the phone arrives, and then call for the $50 credit to my account. The sales rep told me she made a specific note in my account to give the refund. 

I'm hoping Best Buy matches Sprint's price by release day. If not, I'll try to get them to price match, which they should do, as long as Sprint's in-store price is $300. 

• Like 1

If anyone needs a phone to trade in on the samsung promotion here is what I did. I bought the Kyocera kona from walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Virgin-Mobile-Sanyo-Paylo-Kyocera-Kona-Prepaid-Cell-Phone/36774653

If you go on the sprint buyback site you see it is listed. I paid 20.00 to walmart. I went to a corporate Sprint store got a 20.00 credit to my account, and I will get a 180.00 check from Samsung.

• Like 2

If anyone needs a phone to trade in on the samsung promotion here is what I did. I bought the Kyocera kona from walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Virgin-Mobile-Sanyo-Paylo-Kyocera-Kona-Prepaid-Cell-Phone/36774653

If you go on the sprint buyback site you see it is listed. I paid 20.00 to walmart. I went to a corporate Sprint store got a 20.00 credit to my account, and I will get a 180.00 check from Samsung.

I picked up a ZTE Net 10 phone from Best Buy yesterday for $20 just in case my s3 doesn't make it. Can anyone confirm how to know if a "smartphone" qualifies on the best buy promo?

Sent from the cosmos

I just web chatted them, they said they'll credit my account the $50 now. Thanks for the post. 

I'm going to post a comment in the front page S4GRU GN4 article as well to hopefully let anyone else in the same situation know. 

Anyone have any speculation about why the Note 4 does International Wi-Fi calling but not domestic?
I generally loathe conspiracy theories, but it feels like with the iPhone not supporting it, this might be intentional to try to tip the balance until Sprint hammers out Wi-Fi calling for the iPhone.

Anyone have any speculation about why the Note 4 does International Wi-Fi calling but not domestic?

I generally loathe conspiracy theories, but it feels like with the iPhone not supporting it, this might be intentional to try to tip the balance until Sprint hammers out Wi-Fi calling for the iPhone.

Not to doubt the front page article, but it says the source is the sprint press release... And yet the press release is right here:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/samsung-galaxy-note-4.htm?previousArticle=11573&nextArticle=11572&gotoArt=%2Fnews-releases%2Fsamsung-galaxy-note-4.htm

It simply says Wi-Fi calling, and in no way does the language indicate this is restricted to out of country only. In fact Sprint has never done this, and based strictly on the press release, they could get in a lot of hot water for false advertising if they did it this time. The word "international" is simply not there.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Not to doubt the front page article, but it says the source is the sprint press release... And yet the press release is right here:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/samsung-galaxy-note-4.htm?previousArticle=11573&nextArticle=11572&gotoArt=%2Fnews-releases%2Fsamsung-galaxy-note-4.htm

It simply says Wi-Fi calling, and in no way does the language indicate this is restricted to out of country only. In fact Sprint has never done this, and based strictly on the press release, they could get in a lot of hot water for false advertising if they did it this time. The word "international" is simply not there.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I looked that exact page up because I hadn't recalled it having the fishy wording of International Wi-Fi calling, and all it says is "Wi-Fi Calling for improved voice, data and messaging services in locations that previously had limited or no mobile network coverage". I'm afraid there is just enough ambuguity there for Sprint to get out any false advertising, and I can't imagine the Note 4 will be International Wi-Fi only forever.

Oddly, the Galaxy S 4 and Note 4 have the same wording, mentioning only international calling. The S 5 mentions domestic calling. Fingers crossed that this is just marketing materials mix up.

I did get to stop by a best buy and check out the Galaxy Note 4. I do like the build quality and wouldn't want to put a case on it. I think I like the white one the best. But if I'm to be honest the pink I've saw in videos is actually really nice. I couldn't see myself putting on case on it. It would disrupt the lines of the device. My biggest disappointment is the speaker performance but this is me comparing it to my one max which is awesome for a phone it would be hard taking a step back but I do like how quick the ui felt otherwise. I could use some of the software features it provides as well. I do take a lot of notes with the work I do and would easy to use the pen to jot down info after each client session free hand. Decisions. Saw the alpha as well and that's a nice device and the new headphones aren't bad just maybe too pricey!