Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dnicekid

Yep same here. I am excited but I can survive one more day. I have been waiting since April 1st when I was eligible and decided against the S5. I am super glad I did this thing is a beast.

Sent from the cosmos

• Like 1

Sprint is prepping the packages.  Look up your Sprint account number and go to ups.com and enter the account # as reference.

Mine is shipping today by 2nd Day Air.  A couple of people on androidcentral claimed theirs shows delivery tomorrow.

You are saying use your Sprint account # as a UPS tracking number? 

If we pre-ordered in store, will it be shipped via UPS or do we have to pick up in store? Can we pick up early?

You are saying use your Sprint account # as a UPS tracking number? 

If we pre-ordered in store, will it be shipped via UPS or do we have to pick up in store? Can we pick up early?

There's a way to track by reference # on ups.com

This is my first time buying from a local retailer. Does Best Buy require a lengthy setup/activation in the store or do they just hand you the box and walk you to a check out register?

They'll probably spend more time trying to sell you 10 different Geek Squad addons :)

Out of curiosity, why do you guys order from Best Buy rather than just buying directly through Sprint? Are y'all doing contracts? I only ask because Best Buy wants $799 for the phone while Sprint only wants $720. If you're buying full price, there really is no good reason to buy from BB unless you just have to have their device protection plan.

Out of curiosity, why do you guys order from Best Buy rather than just buying directly through Sprint? Are y'all doing contracts? I only ask because Best Buy wants $799 for the phone while Sprint only wants $720. If you're buying full price, there really is no good reason to buy from BB unless you just have to have their device protection plan.

For me the 2 year contract price should be equal either place and at Best Buy I don't have to wait for the rebate from Samsung. I also only put $50 down on the pre-order instead of $350 that sprint wanted on the first day.

Sent from the cosmos

• Like 1

Same as jtf21 said, plus I registered my number with Best Buy upgrades at the begining of the year and so they'll take an additional $50 off my upgrade price, so I'm be getting the Note 4 for $50. It also sounds like Best Buy is planning on being more lenient on the definition of trade in device. As far as non-contract price - Best Buy will match local retailers price on phones, so you can still get it for $720 off contract if you tell them. The real problem is easy pay, which Best Buy can't do anything about, so they can't give you the Samsung rebate on it.
I've usually used Best Buy in the past because they always did instant rebates instead of Sprint's old policy of mail in rebates for part of the phone's price. The two times way back in the early 2000s that I upgraded at a Sprint store, they initially rejected or lost my upgrade rebate and I had to fight for an additional month to get it (beyond the 4-8 weeks). I think their old upgrade policy was part of why Sprint had such a low reputation before - basically the upgrade rebate department was run by another company with most of the staff in India, and they made money by DENYING your rebate. They had no incentive to make the process work smoothly.

My Note 4 is out for delivery. I should have it soon!

I was encouraged by this quote in The Next Web review:

Call quality and signal strength also worked quite well. My review unit came with an AT&T 4G LTE plan – when I took it on a weekend trip outside of New York City, it managed to retain a few bars of LTE in an isolated region whereas my personal HTC One found no service.

http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2014/10/15/samsung-galaxy-note-4-review/

For me the 2 year contract price should be equal either place and at Best Buy I don't have to wait for the rebate from Samsung. I also only put $50 down on the pre-order instead of $350 that sprint wanted on the first day.

Sent from the cosmos

FWIW, My downpayment at Sprint was $0; I wanted the phone for $720...not $799..It appears that BB is trying to gobble up

some of the $200 for themselves; have to wait & see if BB really matches the $720 that you get at the Sprint store;

your milage may vary and might depend on your credit worthiness..with the Samsung rebate I get the phone for

$520 off-contract..not bad for such a fine product ...I've waited almost 4 years to buy another flagship product; the

wait was worth it with the Note 4 IMHO

This is my first time buying from a local retailer. Does Best Buy require a lengthy setup/activation in the store or do they just hand you the box and walk you to a check out register?

The device has to be activated in store. Not sure what you mean by lengthy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Note 4 in hand!

Gosh how could I have been without the spinning Spark icon for so long!?!

WiFi calling sounds great!

Not at a Spark tower, will try that later.  I know the network parks you on what it wants..  I'm B25 on a B26-approved tower.

• Like 7

Note 4 in hand!

I'm B25 on a B26-approved tower.

As long as you have a usable B25 signal, the network will keep you there.  When out of range of B25, you'll seamlessly switch to B26.  It's awesome. 

How is the sound quality?  (earpiece and speaker)...

As long as you have a usable B25 signal, the network will keep you there.  When out of range of B25, you'll seamlessly switch to B26.  It's awesome. 

How is the sound quality?  (earpiece and speaker)...

Earpiece sounds great on a WiFi call.  Haven't tested network performance yet.

Vs. my Note II the speaker sounds maybe a little better.  I'd say adequate.  Can get sufficiently loud.  Music sounds OK but not great obviously.

• Like 1

I've got mine. How can I get to the LTE band?

Either use Mike's Signal Check app or go to the dialer and hit ##DEBUG# then go into LTE Engineering. 

I'm having trouble getting on LTE. I had it briefly, but it keeps kicking me to 3G.

Sorry, I thought you were asking to see what LTE band you were on.  Did your Nexus 5 successfully receive LTE in the same area? 

Sorry, I thought you were asking to see what LTE band you were on.  Did your Nexus 5 successfully receive LTE in the same area? 

I was originally asking that question. But now I'm having trouble connecting.

Yes, plenty of LTE on my Nexus 5 at my desk. As I said, I got a connection of about -90db briefly, which is about what I would get on my Nexus 5. But it quickly booted me off and moved to 3G.

I was originally asking that question. But now I'm having trouble connecting.

Yes, plenty of LTE on my Nexus 5 at my desk. As I said, I got a connection of about -90db briefly, which is about what I would get on my Nexus 5. But it quickly booted me off and moved to 3G.

That's strange.  Did you check settings to make sure they didn't change to CDMA only. 

I'm trying to access that menu, I can't find it.

EDIT: In the network options, it is set to CDMA/LTE

Sure it's not a tower issue?  SInce your N5 worked, it shouldn't be an eCSFB issue.