Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dnicekid

I'm wondering if somehow my SIM card was not activated. 

That was my next thought as well.  You may want to call customer service and make sure. 

Sure it's not a tower issue?  SInce your N5 worked, it shouldn't be an eCSFB issue. 

Well, my Nexus 5 is now not connecting to LTE, but that's because my SIM card has been deactivated, correct?

EDIT: Nevermind, my Nexus 5 is connecting fine after an airplane mode toggle.

Well, my Nexus 5 is now not connecting to LTE, but that's because my SIM card has been deactivated, correct?

Yes, after the device is deactivated it will still show a 3G signal but no LTE. 

Yes, after the device is deactivated it will still show a 3G signal but no LTE. 

Well, I'm able to connect to LTE on my Nexus 5 and get data. My SIM card has not been swapped, I believe. I'm going to try manually swapping.  

EDIT: Ok, *whew*, using the SIM card from my Nexus 5 worked. I'm back on LTE. I've got a good signal. Seems about 2 to 3 db better than my Nexus 5.

Well, I'm able to connect to LTE on my Nexus 5 and get data. My SIM card has not been swapped, I believe. I'm going to try manually swapping.  

If you can still get data on your Nexus 5, the SIM is not deactivated, which is why your Note 4 does not have LTE. 

• Like 1

EDIT: Ok, *whew*, using the SIM card from my Nexus 5 worked. I'm back on LTE. I've got a good signal. Seems about 2 to 3 db better than my Nexus 5.

Awesome.  Enjoy the new toy!  :)

• Like 1

You may want to use the correct SIM and deactivate the N5 SIM.  I think, and I may be wrong, that you can get messed up on Sprint by using a SIM from another device.  It's not like GSM. 

I'm not sure about that. When I tried to activate the phone on the web (which, in all my years with Sprint, has NEVER worked), it gave me the option of using my same SIM. I selected "no, activate the new one", but the implication is that you are able to simply swap the SIM.

I'm not sure about that. When I tried to activate the phone on the web (which, in all my years with Sprint, has NEVER worked), it gave me the option of using my same SIM. I selected "no, activate the new one", but the implication is that you are able to simply swap the SIM.

That's cool!  Come to think of it, I did see that option as well the last time I swapped a phone. 

Can someone with the Note 4 in hand please tell me if there's a mobile data quick toggle option in the settings part of the notification panel/shade? I saw the option in a screenshot in one of the reviews of the AT&T model, but since Sprint removed it from the S4 with one of the OS updates, I'm wondering if they removed it from this phone.

Can someone with the Note 4 in hand please tell me if there's a mobile data quick toggle option in the settings part of the notification panel/shade? I saw the option in a screenshot in one of the reviews of the AT&T model, but since Sprint removed it from the S4 with one of the OS updates, I'm wondering if they removed it from this phone.

I don't see it. Here are the options:

ZPw3L34.png?1

Thanks. Looks like Sprint removed the mobile data and download booster toggles, compared to this screenshot of the AT&T model from GSM Arena:

gsmarena_011.jpg

Well, best buy sucks! I know I should have done earlier but went to best buy to order today (website says through today) and they said the system won't allow them and I might lose out on the $200 trade in... Really mad

You could order from Verizon!

Shouldn't matter of they sold out, take my $50, reserve it and good $200 gift card. Website says pre-order in store until today, doesn't say quanities limited.... Take my money dang it!

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1007682683

I suppose that is pretty good considering signal.. I think I was on 2 bars on B41.

How is B41 signal for others? I have two sites around me that were just turned on for B41. I assume those are not optimized.. The signal didn't seem that strong even close by. Only briefly had full bars.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You could order from Verizon!

Shouldn't matter of they sold out, take my $50, reserve it and good $200 gift card. Website says pre-order in store until today, doesn't say quanities limited.... Take my money dang it!

It looks they've extended the $200 gift card promotion. The Galaxy Note 4 landing page on BB's site currently says "Get a guaranteed $200 Best Buy gift card when you trade in any working smartphone and purchase the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or Samsung Galaxy S 5." Note the revised wording (no mention of pre-ordering) and inclusion of the S5 as welll. I don't see an expiration date listed.

At Best Buy now. They are having a difficult time with the $200 gift card, saying it has to be an active phone. The manager is trying to figure it out. I pointed out their website doesn't mention that even in the fine print.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk