Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dnicekid

I pre-ordered a Spigen case for the Note 4. I have one for my S4 and it's a really nice case. Great protection and it's surprisingly thin. A $30 case for $18.99 when pre-ordered through Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271610116496?var=570447100916&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Edit: Just FYI, it may not be ready by launch day but it was still worth it to me at that price.

I ordered a spigen tough armor myself. Hopefully it isn't too bulky but liked the extra cushion on the corners
  • Like 1

Please someone help me! I already preordered my Note 4 on Sprint and dropped $350 on this thing...

And I come to find out I can't even talk and data on it like i do EVERYDAY with my S3. This is a deal breaker for me...

When will Sprint "turn on" voice+data for Spark devices? and is this true?

Please someone help me! I already preordered my Note 4 on Sprint and dropped $350 on this thing...

And I come to find out I can't even talk and data on it like i do EVERYDAY with my S3. This is a deal breaker for me...

If you need voice + data then go to another carrier.

Sprint will not have that and have not had that since the introduction of eCSFB single radio spark devices in late 2013 until VOLTE is deployed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

You can use Google voice full integration and make/receive calls through hangouts using data with your Sprint number. It works really well on my nexus 5, galaxy tab 3, and pc. There are some quality issues when I use my VZW G2 though. I'm not sure if its an issue with Verizon or the device itself. Its not the best solution, but if you must have simultaneous voice and mobile data on newer Sprint devices it will work.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And the heat goes on...

First Apple with Bendgate, now Samsung is getting the heat.

Seems some new owners of the Note 4 over in Asia are complaining of gaps between the front panel and the phone's frame.

Source: Pocketnow

SMH, there is never a dull moment with these manufacturers.

TS out

After trying bend test most likely...

Didn't think of that. Most likely the cause. 

Do Sprint stores have demo models to handle?

I read (in another forum) that some stores do have them

Rocket mentioned that some stores do in post 381,

exadyne mentioned the Note 4 in Best Buy in post 367

Jeff1234 mentioned both the both the note 4 and Note Edge in Best Buy in post 372

TS

I was hoping to avoid best buy but I called a couple Sprint stores and no luck. I guess I will check out best buy after work.

So why is it the Note 4 doesn't support carrier aggregation for TD-LTE even with a MDM9635?

I think "they" said that band 41 was the only band that Sprint was going to do CA on and the channels are so wide (20 Mhz each) on B41 the phone can't handle 2 of them. It could handle 2x 10 MHz wide channels that many carriers use.

Let the corrections flow.

I ordered my Note 4 Friday from Best Buy, can't wait!!!  Then after I made my pre-order I was able to work with a sprint store to trade in an Iphone 4 for the promo value of $202.00!! toward my account.  My question now is what constitutes a "smart phone" for the BB trade in program?  I am worried that my s3 won't pass as it has a rapidly fading power button that randomly shuts the phone off.  I am asking around for back ups and not sure how to confirm if a particular phone will cut it come time to pick up the GN4.

After a little delay for a freak power outage, I got my Note 4 pre-ordered at Best Buy. The guy helping me was clueless about the $200 gift card promo but said to just bring in the old phone when I pick up the note and they would figure it out then. Gotta love when the customer knows more than the salesman.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I ordered my Note 4 Friday from Best Buy, can't wait!!! Then after I made my pre-order I was able to work with a sprint store to trade in an Iphone 4 for the promo value of $202.00!! toward my account. My question now is what constitutes a "smart phone" for the BB trade in program? I am worried that my s3 won't pass as it has a rapidly fading power button that randomly shuts the phone off. I am asking around for back ups and not sure how to confirm if a particular phone will cut it come time to pick up the GN4.

As long as it can run on the power of the battery, no water damage, and the screen doesn't have any cracks you're good. I bought some old Nokia lumia on craigslist for $20 to trade in since I wanted to keep my s3 as a backup.

Ok, the Samsung rep thought as long as it shows up on the BB trade in program even for no value that it counts.  He wasn't sure though because he doesn't work for BB.  He did however point out a $20 prepaid device they sell at BB if I can't come up with anything else.  

I took a look at the phone at my local Best Buy. Three were on display (I didn't see an Edge).  

The design is fantastic. I love the metal edge. No creaky plastic, like my prior note (the Note 2).  

The display is great. I do see a difference between 1080p and this phone. I was trying to see if the colors looked fake, like I see on my Galaxy Tab S, but this one seems different. It's hard to tell, though, without loading my own photos.

I spent some time with the camera. It focuses faster than the Nexus 5. But, I obviously couldn't do a low light test, which is where I am really looking for improvement over my Nexus 5. Focusing in low light with my N5 is terrible. It's my main complaint of my current phone.

If the Nexus 6 is made by Motorola, and they haven't made drastic improvements on the camera above the Moto X, I can't go that way. I need / want a top of the line Android camera. 

I took a look at the phone at my local Best Buy. Three were on display (I didn't see an Edge).

The design is fantastic. I love the metal edge. No creaky plastic, like my prior note (the Note 2).

The display is great. I do see a difference between 1080p and this phone. I was trying to see if the colors looked fake, like I see on my Galaxy Tab S, but this one seems different. It's hard to tell, though, without loading my own photos.

I spent some time with the camera. It focuses faster than the Nexus 5. But, I obviously couldn't do a low light test, which is where I am really looking for improvement over my Nexus 5. Focusing in low light with my N5 is terrible. It's my main complaint of my current phone.

If the Nexus 6 is made by Motorola, and they haven't made drastic improvements on the camera above the Moto X, I can't go that way. I need / want a top of the line Android camera.

Yeah the camera has a lot of cool features and seemed to perform really well. The s note app seems really improved as well compared to the gn2.

Sent from my CoziBlurred4.3 gN2

I'm kind of surprised. I guess Qualcomm didn't have the mdm9635 in any sort of supply.

It seems likely to be a constrained part. I can't find a definitive source, but it looks like it is Qualcomm's first 20nm modem. That means there probably aren't a lot of Fab capacity to build it, nor would yields be the best on a new process node.

The Note 4 looked great at BB. Anyone worried about the build quality issues people are talking about? If you got one with a gap like that around the screen you could return it for a replacement I guess.

I didn't see any issues with the demo units at 2 BB stores here. I guess we should look at it as a heads up. I wonder what the stock level looks like for the pre-orders. I guess if there is a problem with my device I will just not complete the transaction unless they have a satisfactory unit on hand.

Sent from the cosmos