iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

If those lines are insulators related to integrated antennas, then they are a go.

AJ

I know why they're there, I just don't like the implementation. The HTC One has the same insulator lines, but they don't look nearly as fugly.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

When the camera protrudes like it does you're going to use a case anyway. I don't get the hate surrounding the plastic antenna lines.

The concept versions just make it look hideous. I'm sure apple will make it more attractive if they must leave them for superior reception. I hate phone cases and often take mine off and leave it off for a period of time. I don't see the protruding camera effecting me if it means that I have a better camera.

• Like 1

When the camera protrudes like it does you're going to use a case anyway. I don't get the hate surrounding the plastic antenna lines.

By that logic, why even attempt to make a good looking device?

Why did Apple have to make a camera that protruded?

Why force me to use a case?

Of course, we really have no idea what the phone is really going to look like. These are all just rumors at this point.

By that logic, why even attempt to make a good looking device?

Why did Apple have to make a camera that protruded?

Why force me to use a case?

Of course, we really have no idea what the phone is really going to look like. These are all just rumors at this point.

I think the sensor was too big to fit inside. This is the same thing they had to do with the iPod touch...I think. However, it better be an upgrade from 8 mp this time or apple is going to be behind competition for quite a while...

I can't get over those ugly lines....

Yeah. The lines are a no-go.

How often do y'all look at the back of your iPhone?

I'm not an Apple fan, but in the ChinaTel release, the lines don't look so bad to me. Pretty attractive looking device. I bet there's a lot of yelling going on in Cupertino. Big oops!

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

I'm weird... More often than I should. Sometimes I put the phone screen down because I have led flash alerts on.

Regardless, I know apple will make it aesthetic if the lines are necessary for improved reception. If they're anything like the one in the previous post, I won't care.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

All the time? Considering my phone is with me literally all day, every day.

Aesthetics aren't the only thing I care about, trust me. But Apple is known for their design language. People do have expectations.

That being said, my G3 is more than meeting my expectations. I doubt I'll get an iPhone 6 at this point, unless it features CA or some other game changing feature - although, doubtful at this point.

• Like 1

Aesthetics aren't the only thing I care about, trust me. But Apple is known for their design language. People do have expectations.

That being said, my G3 is more than meeting my expectations. I doubt I'll get an iPhone 6 at this point, unless it features CA or some other game changing feature - although, doubtful at this point.

Everyone at s4gru knows Apple is not going to do anything game changing. So looks like you'll have your g3 for a while lol. I was thinking about the iPhone 6 but I think I'll stick to my nexus phone and my FREE iPad mini with retina.

• Like 1

See you've got your g3. You already have all the bells and whistles. Not to mention your beautiful car (completely off topic). The 6 hopefully will be a meaningful upgrade from the 5s. Most importantly I want improved battery life, reception, and b41. If it doesn't have one of those things, I may even wait till the 6s or go to the dark side.

• Like 2

See you've got your g3. You already have all the bells and whistles. Not to mention your beautiful car (completely off topic). The 6 hopefully will be a meaningful upgrade from the 5s. Most importantly I want improved battery life, reception, and b41. If it doesn't have one of those things, I may even wait till the 6s or go to the dark side.

I'm already thinking about getting a Nexus 5 as an occasional use device for Band 41, LTE/1x tracking, and the ability to use a good Android device (because the only one we have in the house is a Galaxy Tab 3, which, you know, sucks). But I probably won't go completely to the dark side ;)

-Anthony

I'm already thinking about getting a Nexus 5 as an occasional use device for Band 41, LTE/1x tracking, and the ability to use a good Android device (because the only one we have in the house is a Galaxy Tab 3, which, you know, sucks). But I probably won't go completely to the dark side ;)

-Anthony

I look at swappa everyday. If I see the price go down when they release the next nexus, I'll snatch one up.

• Like 2

Honestly, now that I've figured out how to comfortably move from the Apple ecosystem to Android's for phone duties, I doubt I'll go back for a little while. I'm too hooked on being able to customize my user experience as well as actually being able to utilize network tools (which come in handy in today's ever changing mobile networks, especially Sprint); not being able to use LTE Discovery or Signal Check Pro is a serious deal breaker for me now.

I also really love being able to get a device on the bleeding-edge of what is available technologically.

Android has come a long way since I last owned an Android handset (HTC Evo 4G).

• Like 1

I look at swappa everyday. If I see the price go down when they release the next nexus, I'll snatch one up.

That's exactly what I was planning on doing! The current gen Nexus will still be a great device even when the mew one comes out.

-Anthony

• Like 1

It's really the quickness, ease of use, and superior app development that keeps me. Everything on android feels like it has an extra, unnecessary step to do almost anything, and of the ios version of my apps run smoother, and look better than their android counterparts. I can't wait for the 6/iOS 8

• Like 1

My family knows me as the anti-iPhone guy since I've been a pure android fan for a looong time. However, those renders have me seriously debating whether or not I want this device....!

Same here. That iPhone looks beautiful.

Sent from my Nexus 5

John Gruber did the math, and now I want that 5.5" monster.

http://daringfireball.net/2014/08/larger_iphone_display_conjecture

As much as I do like that idea, and it could be plausible, someone posted a few pages back that someone had found the likely resolution of the 4.7 inch iPhone 6 inside of iOS 8, and it wasn't 1334x750 :(

-Anthony

As much as I do like that idea, and it could be plausible, someone posted a few pages back that someone had found the likely resolution of the 4.7 inch iPhone 6 inside of iOS 8, and it wasn't 1334x750 :(

-Anthony

A 5.5-inch iPhone at 2208 × 1242 pixels (and @3x retina scaling) would be bananas!
  • Like 1

It's really the quickness, ease of use, and superior app development that keeps me. Everything on android feels like it has an extra, unnecessary step to do almost anything, and of the ios version of my apps run smoother, and look better than their android counterparts. I can't wait for the 6/iOS 8

While this statement was true a few years ago, this really isn't the case anymore. Android has come a very long way.