iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

I have a feeling that I'll be bringing my wife with me and upgrading her 5S, too - we don't get very good 3G at our house, but can pick up a Clear Band 41 tower down the road (even indoors I can pull ~30Mbps on my hotspot!)...

My reasoning too. That and I am hoping those new tacky lines will do something to improve the reception so I can get that extra bar or 2 and keep b26 in my black hole dead zone of an apartment. :P 

And why not stay up to date. Spark is deployed in Orlando. Seeing as there are only like 3 of us in Orlando that visit this forum..I'll have to start running tests on b41 all over the city. The next root metrics will be entirely populated by ME! lmao

• Like 1

My reasoning too. That and I am hoping those new tacky lines will do something to improve the reception so I can get that extra bar or 2 and keep b26 in my black hole dead zone of an apartment. :P

And why not stay up to date. Spark is deployed in Orlando. Seeing as there are only like 3 of us in Orlando that visit this forum..I'll have to start running tests on b41 all over the city. The next root metrics will be entirely populated by ME! lmao

LOL

Keep fighting the good fight in Orlando - my family is Florida-bound for Spring Training in March!

• Like 1

LOL

Keep fighting the good fight in Orlando - my family is Florida-bound for Spring Training in March!

Oh I am. I was going back and forth with a friend on FB, and he was debating switching to Tmobile. He has a test drive phone right now and no doubt is enjoying the wideband LTE. I told him that he should expect not to have coverage outside the main city limits...ever. But I have a feeling he will switch.

Bad thing is, he had no idea what spark was, and had no idea that his m7 was only b25 capable. I told him about the different bands, in the simplest way I possibly could, and he understood it. I also recommended just trying out a spark phone for the period and if it doesn't work he can back out of his contract and head on over to Tmobile. 

I know we've talked about this a lot, but the early upgrade plans that all of the U.S. carriers are offering will make this iPhone 6 launch just staggeringly huge:

/ via http://www.cnbc.com/id/101951404

I'm going to get my phone unlocked and sell it on eBay to pay it forward to stay out of Easy Pay; I like the freedom of paying full price for the phone (or getting 0% interest via Barclaycard Apple financing or AA Miles that I can pay off when I sell my phone).

I'm glad I have a lot of AAPL in my portfolio. This fall is gonna rock.

I am for paying for the phone upfront as well.  Financing is not for me.  I want to walk away knowing that i own the phone.

giphy.gif

AJ

• Like 1

http://bgr.com/2014/08/28/4-7-inch-iphone-6-price/

This will be interesting if true.  Raising prices at a time carriers are trying to move people off subsidies could blow up in Apple's face.  There will always be the crowd that buys anything Apple at any price, but as it becomes easier to compare actual phone prices, how many folks will think twice if they see a $700+ price tag?

I use Apple products but my current mobile device is a Nexus 5. No way the iPhone is $400+ better.  Phone prices should be going down, not up. 

• Like 1

Apple has something big planned!

MacDailyNews: Apple building massive structure at Flint Center for September 9th special event http://macdailynews.com/2014/08/28/apple-building-massive-structure-at-flint-center-for-september-9th-special-event/

• Like 2

Even if true, don't expect a price increase here in the United States.

• Like 1

Apple has something big planned!

MacDailyNews: Apple building massive structure at Flint Center for September 9th special event http://macdailynews.com/2014/08/28/apple-building-massive-structure-at-flint-center-for-september-9th-special-event/

Now you know what'd be awesome? If they made the new iPhone(or whatever they're announcing) available for purchase early there. Like limited quantity collector edition numbered ones, packed with an iwatch. Maybe for a 100 premium or something not super excessive.

http://bgr.com/2014/08/28/4-7-inch-iphone-6-price/

This will be interesting if true.  Raising prices at a time carriers are trying to move people off subsidies could blow up in Apple's face.  There will always be the crowd that buys anything Apple at any price, but as it becomes easier to compare actual phone prices, how many folks will think twice if they see a $700+ price tag?

I use Apple products but my current mobile device is a Nexus 5. No way the iPhone is $400+ better.  Phone prices should be going down, not up.

vomit. BGR
  • Like 1

I can see a premium for the 5.5" of maybe an extra $100, but have it available in only 128GB configurations. If the form factor of the base iPhone shifts from 4" to 4.7", I don't see Apple raising prices.

• Like 1

I can see a premium for the 5.5" of maybe an extra $100, but have it available in only 128GB configurations. If the form factor of the base iPhone shifts from 4" to 4.7", I don't see Apple raising prices.

Apple has been experimenting with lowering prices and upping specs. I think it'll stay 199, or even 149-200 range.

Oh, come on, it does not matter what the price is.  Everyone knows that you guys will pay it.  Even in your sleep, you hear the ghost of Steve Jobs' voice telling you, "Must have new iPhone and/or iPad."

AJ

• Like 6

Apple has been experimenting with lowering prices and upping specs. I think it'll stay 199, or even 149-200 range.

I bet prices stay the exact same as they are now, the 16GB is eliminated in the iPhone 6 and is the base for the iPhone 6C.

You'll have three overlapping ranges - iPhone 6C (4" - 16/32/64), iPhone 6 (4.7" - 32/64/128), iPhone 6L (5.5" - 64/128). Everyone gets what they want.

This is the lineup I see Apple rolling. It mirrors the Mac lineup (Air/MBP/rMBP).

• Like 4

Oh, come on, it does not matter what the price is. Everyone knows that you guys will pay it. Even in your sleep, you hear the ghost of Steve Jobs' voice telling you, "Must have new iPhone and/or iPad."

AJ

Price does matter, though. And you nailed one of the reasons why they're expensive - it's what the top-end of the market is willing to pay. And Apple owns the top end of the market.