iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

Apple has always pushed the design as a key purchase consideration. With all these leaks, I feel like they lost something. The back housing with the lines looks hideous, and the curved sides just do not appear as smooth as past devices.

Let's see what the final product looks like.

I do not believe that Apple has lost anything.  I feel that they see the current market and where it is headed with larger screens.  Granted, information on the new phones is all over the board.  It seems that the 4.7" phone will only be slightly larger than the 4" size.  For those who want a bigger screen but not that much added size overall, this should fit the bill.

For the 5.5" phone, if true that it is coming, it will fill the gap for the audience that would like or need a screen of that magnitude.  If we look at the amount of Note 3's, LG 3's, Nexus 5's, etc... that have been sold over the past couple of years, Apple can capture a fair share of that market, they will blow theit revenue numbers out of the water.

• Like 3

I'm just as excited to see what the iPhone 6 brings as the next guy. I will be upset if they don't unveil a 5.5inch version with significantly smaller bezels. They need to push the design envelope as far as possible for the next iPhone, not just make a bigger iPhone 5s (4.7in screen) and an even bigger one (5.5inch screen). Sure, the hardware should be impressive, as it usually always is (minus battery), as will the OS.

Apple needs to get this right, because their competition has never been stronger. A lot of people have jumped from iPhones to Android over this very thing, myself included.

Let's see what happens! Should be interesting for sure.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Honestly, here is my wish list for a great upgrade:

1. Spark

2. Scratch-resistant screen

3. More efficient/larger capacity battery

My phone is currently in a case, so I never see the back. If it has lines, meh - I probably won't care. And if the iPhone is scratch-resistant enough all over, I'll go without a case and deal with it.

• Like 3

Yeah...  But if it results in fantastic RF performance, I won't care one bit.  I wish every OEM made RF performance the #1 priority because if we get crappy reception it pretty much turns your phone into an iPod. 

• Like 2

Yeah...  But if it results in fantastic RF performance, I won't care one bit.  I wish every OEM made RF performance the #1 priority because if we get crappy reception it pretty much turns your phone into an iPod. 

Perhaps this is one of apples main focus this time. Higher RF performance than any other device on the market.....And the sprint model is specifically tuned for sprints new network, especially 2.5 ghz. 

• Like 2

http://www.gsmarena.com/premium_samsung_galaxy_alpha_unveiled-news-9326.php

Is it me or does this phone look REMARKABLY similar to the concepts for the iPhone. Even the camera on the home screen is almost complete identical. The single hole for the mic, and multiple holes for the speaker. The side buttons ...And the battery size appears to be what rumors say apple was putting in their phone. 4.7" screen. Metal bezel design at least from the 5s. Lol Merp.

Combination of concept rumors of the 6, and the 5a to provide ultimate competition against the new iphone. Call me cray

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/08/13/iphone-6-panel-power-mute/

Correct me if I'm wrong but if the purple part is he screen... Looks like we're getting a smaller top bezel. I hope hope hope this is true so the phone isn't gigantic. And look how tiny the side is? EEEEK

• Like 3

And a possible confirmed iphone deal with sprint? Good god. I might have to get it early if it's a good deal. Bye bye 5s

Getting a new 5s was a sign. Increased retail value when you sell it for the 6:P.

Getting a new 5s was a sign. Increased retail value when you sell it for the 6:P.

The truth right there. And this thing is in prestine condition. I am going to throw my case back in it and make sure it's perfect for the buyer... Just hope I can get a decent price for it

I have a quick question: if I sell my 5S to buy a 6 on easy pay can I use the money from my 5S as a down payment for the 6 so the monthly charge is less? I don't really know how easy pay and the other installment plans work. Thanks [emoji16] (Did sprint get rid of early upgrades for long term customers because I remember they had that a while back)

I have a quick question: if I sell my 5S to buy a 6 on easy pay can I use the money from my 5S as a down payment for the 6 so the monthly charge is less? I don't really know how easy pay and the other installment plans work. Thanks [emoji16] (Did sprint get rid of early upgrades for long term customers because I remember they had that a while back)

That is an excellent idea and question. I will do that.

So you can do that?? That's great!!! I don't really want to raise our bill up that much and hopefully I'll get a job soon so I can pay it because I want a 32 GB or 64! 16 GB shouldn't be standard anymore unless you have a SD card and Apple isn't going to add one anytime soon

Sorry. I asked that before, and they said it wasn't possible at the store. You can call customer service up and ask if you pay a portion of your easy pay plan off will your monthly payments drop.

Sorry. I asked that before, and they said it wasn't possible at the store. You can call customer service up and ask if you pay a portion of your easy pay plan off will your monthly payments drop.

Thats pretty lame... I would gladly do a down payment on top of easy pay to lower my monthly bills... Why wouldn't they accept that? It's more money for them lol

Thats pretty lame... I would gladly do a down payment on top of easy pay to lower my monthly bills... Why wouldn't they accept that? It's more money for them lol

They told me in store they couldn't.

You have to call in and specifically tell a rep that you want to pay more towards your easy pay. It won't make your payment smaller, you'll just pay it down faster. Kinda like financing a car.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk