iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

Doesn't anyone work these days? I wish I had that kind of free time. If I did, I'd be in line. :)

Oh that reminds me of this clip!

I will wait patiently for a new phone.  I have a store near my home that I deal with that has always been helpful and courteous even if I had an issue with a phone.  I will order the phone through them, wait for it to arrive, let them transfer the information from my i5 and set it up. 

• Like 1

To be honest if I were single in NY and had that time to blow then yeah I'd probably be there too.

Eh, to live in NY costs an arm and leg, single be damned.

I'm married and still think we pay too much.

I like my iPhones like I like my women: no hassle right to my door.

And the ability to recharge to 80% capacity quickly in order to be drained again?

• Like 1

And the ability to recharge to 80% capacity quickly in order to be drained again?

No, that is how women like their men -- but the men rarely live up to the standard.

AJ

• Like 1

Obviously. And I will watch the whole thing, and as soon as it's over ill refresh the apple page about 424 times before it finally loads up the new info. 

Also important to note that this is the first time ever that apple has put a timer on their website. This event is going to big. I hope that Craig does a lot of the presenting. He was very energetic last time and was on fire. 

• Like 3

Obviously. And I will watch the whole thing, and as soon as it's over ill refresh the apple page about 424 times before it finally loads up the new info.

Also important to note that this is the first time ever that apple has put a timer on their website. This event is going to big. I hope that Craig does a lot of the presenting. He was very energetic last time and was on fire.

I want more stage time for Craig's hair, too.

• Like 2

This is one of the best videos I've seen in a while. No video has ever conveyed my thoughts to perfectly. I'm always yelling out loud "where are all you people going at 11am on Thursday! Go to work!"

• Like 1

I watched WWDC on my Apple TV and it was awesome. Hopefully, this event works the same.

Your indoctrination is complete.  You are no longer required to report to your nearest reeducation camp.

smithhaven_hero.jpg

AJ

• Like 1

Has anyone ever purchased for full price on launch day either online or in store? I've never done it and more than likely plan on doing that. It would probably have to be from the Sprint site, right? Apple always only shows subsidy prices.

Has anyone ever purchased for full price on launch day either online or in store? I've never done it and more than likely plan on doing that. It would probably have to be from the Sprint site, right? Apple always only shows subsidy prices.

In the past, Apple usually didn't immediately sell unlocked iPhones for a month or so.

In the past, Apple usually didn't immediately sell unlocked iPhones for a month or so.

You can buy an unsubsidiezed version from Apple that is locked to Sprint. The unlocked version is a GSM phone and isn't compatible with Sprint. People can purchase an unsubsidized, carrier locked device on day 1, assuming they haven't run out of phones.

-Anthony

Couldn't you just buy a Verizon model assuming all you want is an unlocked device. It wouldn't work on Sprint though.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

We're talking about an ubsubsidized device, not an unlocked device. There is a difference. The unsubsidized device doesn't come with a 2 year contract, the unlocked device doesn't come tied to a carrier. We are talking about a Sprint iPhone, which is CDMA, not an unlocked device, which is GSM. Therefore, the unlocked phone wouldn't work on Sprint, but the unsubsidized device will already be provisioned for Sprint.

-Anthony

We're talking about an ubsubsidized device, not an unlocked device. There is a difference. The unsubsidized device doesn't come with a 2 year contract, the unlocked device doesn't come tied to a carrier. We are talking about a Sprint iPhone, which is CDMA, not an unlocked device, which is GSM. Therefore, the unlocked phone wouldn't work on Sprint, but the unsubsidized device will already be provisioned for Sprint.

-Anthony

Earlier there was a double post but I guess they've now corrected it. That's what I was referring too but didn't directly reply to it…

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk