LuisBOSS302

Mom's G3 has downloaded the update and is ready to install.  I told her to wait until she can backup her homescreen, apps, etc. before allowing the update to install.

For the folks that have already updated... did you use the LG backup service that is located somewhere in Settings to do this backup?  I'm rooted and running a custom ROM, but want to help mom out by walking her through the backup process.  Her G3 is stock.

Appreciate the help.

I normally install all my apps back myself or have Google put most of my apps back when I sign in after doing a factory reset.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I got in touch with LG. Battery is under warranty. Have to send it in first so they can test it an send me a new one. Good thing I ordered a replacement. Always good too have two. I'll keep you posted if you all want too.

So I got in touch with LG. Battery is under warranty. Have to send it in first so they can test it an send me a new one. Good thing I ordered a replacement. Always good too have two. I'll keep you posted if you all want too.

If its anything like Samsung, they'll end up giving a new battery within a day or two after they get yours.

Bought 3 new batteries for my G3... installed a fresh one and I'm getting about 8 hours with my normal use... Granted I probably need to wear it in a bit, but that's not any better than before.

I don't think it's the battery. It's Lollipop.

Bought 3 new batteries for my G3... installed a fresh one and I'm getting about 8 hours with my normal use... Granted I probably need to wear it in a bit, but that's not any better than before.

I don't think it's the battery. It's Lollipop.

8 hours? What the heck are you doing? I still get at least 24hrs, usually more!

8 hours? What the heck are you doing? I still get at least 24hrs, usually more!

The stuff I normally do. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vine, search pages on Chrome, ESPN, Sensorly and Signal Check, different retail and food apps, eBay, check bank stuff, some YouTube here and there... I don't know. My usual stuff! 

All I do know is it was A LOT better before Lollipop. However today I got just under 11 hours on my new battery so we're getting better.

The stuff I normally do. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vine, search pages on Chrome, ESPN, Sensorly and Signal Check, different retail and food apps, eBay, check bank stuff, some YouTube here and there... I don't know. My usual stuff!

All I do know is it was A LOT better before Lollipop. However today I got just under 11 hours on my new battery so we're getting better.

Battery life on lollipop has tanked on every device my family has (nexus 5, HTC one m7, HTC one m8, Verizon lg g2). Even my friends devices that have upgraded to lollipop (att HTC one m7, Samsung galaxy s5) have experienced the same thing.

At first I thought it was my nexus 5, but then they all were experiencing the same thing. I flashed back to 4.4.4 and I was back to 5+ days on battery on the n5 with light use. I'm hoping its fixed in 5.1.1, but overall project Volta has failed miserably IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well mine is bad and i dont have loli.....

it keeps kicking out screen as the worst user....i have a few apps that drain it, then when i am done i am sure to turn off....

but it uses the screen VERY inefficiently 

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I have a reception problem that I hope someone can help with. I looked and haven't seen my issue reported anywhere else. Last Friday my G3 automatically received an update of some type (I think it was the profile). Ever since then I have zero LTE reception. I'll toggle airplane mode and it'll stay LTE for about 30 seconds then flip to 3G. This is happening everywhere, including at home where I have reliable LTE reception previously and also 1/4 mile from a known Sprint NV tower. I've restarted my phone numerous times and tried manually updating PRL and profile and still no improvement. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hi all, I have a reception problem that I hope someone can help with. I looked and haven't seen my issue reported anywhere else. Last Friday my G3 automatically received an update of some type (I think it was the profile). Ever since then I have zero LTE reception. I'll toggle airplane mode and it'll stay LTE for about 30 seconds then flip to 3G. This is happening everywhere, including at home where I have reliable LTE reception previously and also 1/4 mile from a known Sprint NV tower. I've restarted my phone numerous times and tried manually updating PRL and profile and still no improvement. Anyone else experiencing this?

I would say by the lack of any other complaints, this is not a widespread issue. Have you tried updating your Profile and PRL again? If that doesn't do anything, you may need Sprint to refresh your account. You will have to call or go into a store for that.

Ok here is a wifi question for the G3....

Sooooo is there a setting somewhere to make it connect to the best/strongest signal??

I have a few range extenders in my house, trying to get the wireless to work well through out the house....

The problem is the phone will at times sit on a B or G instead of the closer N signal.....and its realllly beginning to bug me...

Have you checked the data connection in settings, more, mobile networks, network mode?

Just tried that and it was on Global. Switched to LTE/CDMA and no change.

I would say by the lack of any other complaints, this is not a widespread issue. Have you tried updating your Profile and PRL again? If that doesn't do anything, you may need Sprint to refresh your account. You will have to call or go into a store for that.

Tried numerous times to update the Profile and PRL from different places to no avail. I'll stop into a Sprint store and hope I get a competent person to help me out.

Thanks for the help!

Tried numerous times to update the Profile and PRL from different places to no avail. I'll stop into a Sprint store and hope I get a competent person to help me out.

Thanks for the help!

If updating your Profile/PRL fails, then there is likely something wrong with your device, or your account. 

Thanks for the help!

Have you tried with Wifi on?

Try enter this on your phone dial ##72786#