LuisBOSS302

I wonder if I can get lg to send me a replacement battery? Anyone ever heard of this?

I've done this with Samsung before. The battery should be under warranty.

You're absolutely correct.

My fear isn't rooting, it is the endless customization and availability of different Roms, which makes choosing the correct one difficult for somebody that doesn't follow this stuff everyday. It is slightly overwhelming.

I just want a bone stock Android L ROM that I can tweak from there, rooted obviously.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

You might need to be my new go to guy on helping with root stuffs....I understand enough of it to get the basics, but to also possibly over look something and screw it up (never could get my phone to physically go into download mode had to use an app)  and dont you wish we had digiblur following the LG line.....man his rom for the sg3 and note were stripped down and AWESOME...

At first mine was about the same then it got worse. I only average 2 days of usage with my zerolemon before I could get a solid 3 out of it

Sent from my LG G3.

how you liking that zero lemon???  hows the case feel, and does it fit in the back pocket???

I like my zerolemon. The case fits great and the outer silicone fits very tight. It fits in my front pocket fine (i generally wear loose boot cut jeans) and every now and then slip it in my back pocket but I know its there haha. I've had times between 2 days of crazy hard use to 4 days of decent usage. I leave wifi off and Bluetooth off unless needed. Auto brightness to 100% and everything in syncing with the shortest times. But I average 3 days of usage, by that I mean I get up at 9 ish am Monday for example and don't have to charge it until Wednesday night. I work in a metal building so signal is never the greatest but all in all I like it. And I do have a zagg glass and it fits fine.

Sent from my LG G3.

Just came from the Sprint 4G LTE community on Google + and Salt Lake city is getting some wickedly insane speed performance on Spark.

Speeds of 232.00Mbps dl, I've been unable to attach photos for some reason so here's the next best thing. The link to the pics via  imgur:

http://imgur.com/kwe6l9o

Wow.  I hope one day Spark will be this great in my area.

• Like 1

Just came from the Sprint 4G LTE community on Google + and Salt Lake city is getting some wickedly insane speed performance on Spark.

Speeds of 232.00Mbps dl, I've been unable to attach photos for some reason so here's the next best thing. The link to the pics via imgur:

Wow. I hope one day Spark will be this great in my area.

Holy crap.

Speeds of 232.00Mbps dl, I've been unable to attach photos for some reason so here's the next best thing. The link to the pics via imgur:

Wow. I hope one day Spark will be this great in my area.

Nope. Not possible.

Not on sprints existing configuration nor future 2x CA configurations that has not been enabled for anyone other than sprint engineers. Maybe 3xCA can reach that speed but no device on the market does 60 mhz of aggregated spectrum and sprint isn't even at the fit stage for it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

These speed tests keep occurring.  There must be a problem with either the Ookla app or with some of their hosting servers that is causing this problem to repeat.  Sprint is not near releasing 3x CA in Salt Lake or anywhere at this point.  Not to mention there are not any 3x CA Sprint devices out there, yet.

Nope. Not possible.

Not on sprints existing configuration nor future 2x CA configurations that has not been enabled for anyone other than sprint engineers. Maybe 3xCA can reach that speed but no device on the market does 60 mhz of aggregated spectrum and sprint isn't even at the fit stage for it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Why do they need fits for simply adding a 3rd, 4th, etc carrier card?

Is the fit only or aggregation? Or also just for adding a card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do they need fits for simply adding a 3rd, 4th, etc carrier card?

Is the fit only or aggregation? Or also just for adding a card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because they are aggregating them together at the site.  You have to perfectly, and I mean perfectly, split apart a data stream and send to separate radios for re-creation on the other end.  It is very network intensively controlled.  Sprint is the first to do intrafrequency carrier aggregation in the U.S.  Also, and maybe even more important, the device testing with it all.

These speed tests keep occurring. There must be a problem with either the Ookla app or with some of their hosting servers that is causing this problem to repeat. Sprint is not near releasing 3x CA in Salt Lake or anywhere at this point. Not to mention there are not any 3x CA Sprint devices out there, yet.

Yep, definitely an issue with Ookla's app or hosting servers. Check out this test I got on Band 26 a few days ago. :lol:

Screenshot_2015-03-04-03-44-10_zps69ihxu

Edited by PDXmike
  • Like 1

Yep, definitely an issue with Ookla's app or hosting servers. Check out this test I got on Band 26 a few days ago. :lol:

How do you receive the status on the notification bar on the upper left hand corner.   LTE 26  102??

Anyone's battery life gotten better? Mine is still shitty. So sick of this.

Battery life is fantastic. Still getting 2+ days out of each charge. Granted, I'm probably not what would be considered a 'heavy user,' occasional texts throughout the day, a phone call or two, and minimal web browsing, with a few games when I'm bored. But still, the best battery life since I switched from a flip phone to the OG EVO 4G.

Speeds of 232.00Mbps dl, I've been unable to attach photos for some reason so here's the next best thing. The link to the pics via  imgur:

Wow.  I hope one day Spark will be this great in my area.

This person has admitted to faking the tests, using his personal WiFi and then making the screenshots mimic Sprint Spark. 

How do you receive the status on the notification bar on the upper left hand corner.   LTE 26  102??

Signal Check Pro. Look it up in the Google Play store. The developer is an active member here, there is a whole thread devoted to the app.

• Like 1

This person has admitted to faking the tests, using his personal WiFi and then making the screenshots mimic Sprint Spark. 

Signal Check Pro. Look it up in the Google Play store. The developer is an active member here, there is a whole thread devoted to the app.

Signal Check Pro, thanks!

Battery life is fantastic. Still getting 2+ days out of each charge. Granted, I'm probably not what would be considered a 'heavy user,' occasional texts throughout the day, a phone call or two, and minimal web browsing, with a few games when I'm bored. But still, the best battery life since I switched from a flip phone to the OG EVO 4G.

yea well mine is still having issues....and from what the phone tells me...SCREEN...

I have it at auto and down to like 17%...30sec auto off....

its really beginning to bug me now

Wowzers... My battery life is just not doing too hot lately. 

I'm at 36 percent and am just under 5 hours of "Usage on Battery."

Where as before 5.0.1 on Kit Kat... I was easily doing 8 or 9 hours. I'm probably going to buy a new battery for it and see if that'll help me any. 

I've also been getting that proxy error in Chrome every once in awhile too and some of the apps like Facebook won't load pics and such in the news feed. Definitely getting a little miffed.  

• Like 1

Decided to do a factory reset on it, and see if that helps anything. I'll do an update on it and let everyone know.

I also want to add, I found multiple replacement accessories that are LG genuine for our G3 on eBay for great prices:

Replacement Charger & Cable - $6.99: Here

Replacement Battery - $11.99: Here

I'm going to buying a couple replacement batteries, and a handful of those chargers for both my mom and I.

Decided to do a factory reset on it, and see if that helps anything. I'll do an update on it and let everyone know.

I also want to add, I found multiple replacement accessories that are LG genuine for our G3 on eBay for great prices:

Replacement Charger & Cable - $6.99: Here

Replacement Battery - $11.99: Here

I'm going to buying a couple replacement batteries, and a handful of those chargers for both my mom and I.

A little bit better now that I did a factory reset last night, still probably going to buy a couple extra batteries. 

Screenshot_2015-03-16-19-34-43.png

Mom's G3 has downloaded the update and is ready to install.  I told her to wait until she can backup her homescreen, apps, etc. before allowing the update to install.

For the folks that have already updated... did you use the LG backup service that is located somewhere in Settings to do this backup?  I'm rooted and running a custom ROM, but want to help mom out by walking her through the backup process.  Her G3 is stock.

Appreciate the help.