LuisBOSS302

Im rooted and running the leak. No battery issues here. It's giving me 2-3 more hours SOT. Plus insane stand by. Maybe 1/2 a percent drain per hour. And it's still settling in. Any rooted users having battery issues can reset your battery stats. That almost always does the trick.

I got about 9 hours of battery life yesterday with maybe 3 hours SOT. I'm running the rooted image that was posted.

No problems with the modems or anything???  Did you have to flash them as well or just the main one??

was it this one

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g3/development/stockzv8lodexed-t3030795

No problems with the modems or anything??? Did you have to flash them as well or just the main one??

was it this one

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g3/development/stockzv8lodexed-t3030795

That is the image I flashed, modems came along with it fine. I was already rooted and running twrp so this was the only way to upgrade short of flashing stock 4.4 and waiting on OTA. This image let me keep root as well. I don't know that there is a way to root the factory lollipop image after its on your phone.

For anybody that has upgraded via OTA, I highly recommend doing a factory reset and restore. After getting tired of seeing the weird animation stutters and performance issues, I went ahead and did it. I'm glad I did. My phone behaves the way it should now.

BTW, I used the stock LG backup tool to totally backup and restore, it worked flawlessly. There is no need to use a third-party backup app, which surprised me.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Anyone have or get something this morning where Sprint Defaults installed a crap load of useless apps like Spotify, Uber, NASCAR etc...? Plus wiping all your existing apps from the home screen?

Hey everyone - We just checked in with our Product team about this.  The last of the phased deployment goes out today and up to this point, it looks like only half of LG G3 users have been pushed the update.  The remaining group of LG G3 users should get their Lollipop update today/tomorrow at some point.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/944827#944827

- Edit -

You can grab the sideload here http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g3/development/stock-sprint-lg-g3-ls990-zv8-tot-ota-t3030327

Edited by SeanK_

Had it couple days...did a factory reset and used LG backup tool...

Now my battery seems to be getting back to normal. Right now I have 16hr of life with 3 hr screen on time. That's not too shabby (may have actually been worse before the 5.0.1 update)

Sent from my LGLS990

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I only just got the alert on my phone two minutes ago.

Might just have to wait a bit.

Was able to sideload it yesterday evening and so far I love it, battery doesn't seem to drain like crazy and its feels like a new phone for me.

I finally got the notification to install the OTA this morning and it went fine.  Don't notice any huge differences so far but haven't played much with it yet.

One thing I was waiting for in Lollipop was the built-in flashlight functionality so I wouldn't have one of those crappy third party apps.  However, it seems like LG has kept a very similar look and feel from the previous version and I'm not seeing the new notifications bar functionality I was expecting.

Anyone know how to access this on the G3? 

I finally got the notification to install the OTA this morning and it went fine.  Don't notice any huge differences so far but haven't played much with it yet.

One thing I was waiting for in Lollipop was the built-in flashlight functionality so I wouldn't have one of those crappy third party apps.  However, it seems like LG has kept a very similar look and feel from the previous version and I'm not seeing the new notifications bar functionality I was expecting.

Anyone know how to access this on the G3? 

You have to use google now to use it, ie "Ok Google turn on the flashlight".

• Like 1

You have to use google now to use it, ie "Ok Google turn on the flashlight".

Well, according to Sprint Care it's Google's fault.  Not sure I'm buying it, I think it's LG's choice:

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. We were able to look into this issue, and see that Google has listed this missing feature as a bug within the latest OS release. This is only affecting a small amount of phones, but at this time we are waiting for Google to release an update to fix the bug. We appreciate your patience and ask that you stay tuned on our Community Forums for updates on this issue. - ShaquilleSprint Social Care