LuisBOSS302

Well you can't get the msl codes any more. All kinds of new policies.

Just asked lasted week on chat and was able to get it no questions asked. All I said was "My LG G3 keeps asking for a service code, what is it?"

Location doesn't matter ;)

According to what? Activating a new device through the website still provides you with your MSL.

because I have a active account, I'm in contract and I have a termination fee. The lady couldn't give me specifics on anything.

because I have a active account, I'm in contract and I have a termination fee. The lady couldn't give me specifics on anything.

You should still be able to get your MSL. Try again, sometimes a different rep has had different training. None of those reasons should preclude you from getting your MSL.

Make sure they understand your are not asking to have your phone unlocked, they may not know the difference. If they give me trouble, I tell them I help develop apps and need my MSL for that. That always works. 

You should still be able to get your MSL. Try again, sometimes a different rep has had different training. None of those reasons should preclude you from getting your MSL.

Make sure they understand your are not asking to have your phone unlocked, they may not know the difference. If they give me trouble, I tell them I help develop apps and need my MSL for that. That always works.

I did try the I fee develop apps. But I will try calling tomorrow

For anybody that has upgraded via OTA, I highly recommend doing a factory reset and restore. After getting tired of seeing the weird animation stutters and performance issues, I went ahead and did it. I'm glad I did. My phone behaves the way it should now.

BTW, I used the stock LG backup tool to totally backup and restore, it worked flawlessly. There is no need to use a third-party backup app, which surprised me.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

well I did that and lost everything. Not happy

You had to create a backup first, I made two just in the event something corrupted the first. Mine restored with no problem at all.

When it comes to resetting something as important as your phone, and the possibility of losing vital files, you don't get in a rush, or you'll likely regret it. I've used LG backup before also, and it worked great then

Sent from my LGLS990

I installed this morning and was nightmare. Phone kept locking up. Started receiving a text from something then the phone lock up. Only thing I could do was power down and restart or pull the battery. 

I also do not like the Heads Up Notifications. 

I've had the update for about a week and haven't had any issues. On the note about battery drain I didnt notice any but I do have a zerolemon battery, I just swapped it out for the stock battery and out my Tech21 case in just for he Heck of it but I'll report back if I notice any drain. The zerolemon just last and lasts, I averaged roughly the same 2 to 3 days of usage but I'll see what I get on the stock battery.

Sent from my LG G3.

Getting this everytime I open Chrome now. Just a different random Document # each time. Can't seem to find anything online on this. Anybody else figure it out?A13xGa7l.png

Could be thats your homepage you set it to. Need to go into settings.

I've had the update now on mine for just over 3 days... the ONLY problem I had was that Google Play didn't want to install my app updates. Couple button presses later and it's all good.

I actually think the update brought better battery life for me... I've easily gotten a couple more hours out of each charge. Seems snappier too.

• Like 1

I noticed that ABP set-up (without root)...which requires you to modify your wifi connection and manually set a proxy to "localhost" on port 2020....doesn't work on 5.0.

Once you type in localhost and port 2020, the save button doesn't 'light' up for you to be able to tap on it.

So apparently ABP will have to find another method for 5.0+ users, or there may not be a method to use ABP without root, period.

Not sure yet as I haven't been able to deeply research what the problem is exactly..just figured I'd give a heads up for those who use ABP (not just the browser version).

I personally would rather be able to buy a 0.99 license, which I do in every app that allows it, so I don't see ads...

I know some sites use ad-based revenue and need it to keep lights on, but offer an incentive in apps (devs)...for an option w/o ads for a small fee.

In my case, I wanted ABP for Zedge...because they don't offer an ad-free option and the ads are SUPER intrusive (entire page, intrusive)...I hate that with a passion.

I've had the update now on mine for just over 3 days... the ONLY problem I had was that Google Play didn't want to install my app updates. Couple button presses later and it's all good.

I actually think the update brought better battery life for me... I've easily gotten a couple more hours out of each charge. Seems snappier too.

my battery life is crap. Can't listen to Bluetooth in my truck any more. So I'm not happy with lollipop

Could be thats your homepage you set it to. Need to go into settings.

No, I have my homepage set to Google.

I found that if I turn off "Merge Tabs and Apps" in Chrome settings, Chrome will open properly to my homepage-or the last page I had visited(just like before Lollipop).

If I then turn "Merge Tabs and Apps" back on, it will revert right back to what my screenshot showed.

No, I have my homepage set to Google.

I found that if I turn off "Merge Tabs and Apps" in Chrome settings, Chrome will open properly to my homepage-or the last page I had visited(just like before Lollipop).

If I then turn "Merge Tabs and Apps" back on, it will revert right back to what my screenshot showed.

I had that same issue and it went away when I made the change

I've done reset twice. No system cache cleaned yet.

Clean the system cache (settings > general > storage > cached data). Click on cached data and then click yes. Shut down and remove battery for 10 secs, then do a couple of reboots.

This helped me a lot after a factory reset and restore. My battery life is better on the 5.0.1 update than it was on Kit Kat.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk