Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

It is taking a long time for them to roll out the spark update... Just saying... Let's go Google

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sprint has 36 more days to go based on its announcement.

• Like 3

Switched back to my HTC one to try out the 4.4.2 update. Already notice the signal, even WiFi doesn't seem up to par with the nexus. I do miss how loud the front speakers are though.

I noticed that when I switch from my HTC one max back to the nexus to run some errands it would latch onto my saved WiFi locations faster and stronger than the One.. I was a lil surprised by that myself.
  • Like 1

Anyone have delayed texts on. 15? I've had texts delivered 30min late on lte (from other ppl) . The modem shouldn't really be an issue right?

It could be an issue if you're connected to a site having e/csfb issues(which the .15 baseband allows I believe?)

Anyone have delayed texts on. 15? I've had texts delivered 30min late on lte (from other ppl) . The modem shouldn't really be an issue right?Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

if you were on LTE it could of been caused by an ECSFB issue. .15 is known to connect you to sites with ECSFB problems.

Maybe but I've never had an issue before with that site for lte. Very strange. My friend called me Saturday night and was like why aren't you here... Texts came through 35min late

I have been skimming these for awhile and idk about you guys but in the last week I have had really bad camera issues. It crashes or can't load the camera. I have to reboot for the camera to be functional. Has anyone else had this issue?

Maybe but I've never had an issue before with that site for lte. Very strange. My friend called me Saturday night and was like why aren't you here... Texts came through 35min late

Hmm...that's odd, I've only noticed that when in a poor signal area it'll delay them by swapping between data types(for instance at my house where the three LTE towers aren't upgraded so I search for LTE then drop to 3g, and it keeps cycling. Or while on fringe LTE where I'll sometimes get a 110-125dbm signal or sit on 3g and it tries to Grab the LTE when it shouldn't). I'm guessing its due to not giving the texts enough time to go through each "path"before switching. That's never been more than a 5-7 minute delay though:/

Has anyone randomly had their nexus 5 randomly unregister itself from the network? It has happened twice now, once about 2 months ago and once today. Rebooting doesn't help, and the first time I had to factory reset. This time the problem resolved itself about half an hour after it started. I think it was an efs problem the first time, but today I checked and the phone still had the proper IMEI under settings.

I have been skimming these for awhile and idk about you guys but in the last week I have had really bad camera issues. It crashes or can't load the camera. I have to reboot for the camera to be functional. Has anyone else had this issue?

As for the camera, something like this used to happen on my EVO. I think the kernel forgets the camera's activation status.

Uh I've had my nexus say no signal(the empty triangle of service bars), then when checking the engineering screen it said it was on GSM service...I just toggled airplane mode and then restarted it and mine latched back onto 3g(no LTE at my house currently).

Edited by kojitsari
  • Like 1

Has anyone randomly had their nexus 5 randomly unregister itself from the network? It has happened twice now, once about 2 months ago and once today. Rebooting doesn't help, and the first time I had to factory reset. This time the problem resolved itself about half an hour after it started. I think it was an efs problem the first time, but today I checked and the phone still had the proper IMEI under settings.As for the camera, something like this used to happen on my EVO. I think the kernel forgets the camera's activation status.

I'm not sure about unregistered but I've had my phone connect to ATT PCS LTE and T-Mobile LTE even with a sprint Sim in. But usually just toggling airplane mode helps

Yes! I've had the same issues the last couple days.

Uh I've had my nexus say no signal(the empty triangle of service bars), then when checking the engineering screen it said it was on GSM service...I just toggled airplane mode and then restarted it and mine latched back onto 3g(no LTE at my house currently).

I'm not sure about unregistered but I've had my phone connect to ATT PCS LTE and T-Mobile LTE even with a sprint Sim in. But usually just toggling airplane mode helps

Hmm. I'll be sure to check what band I'm on next time.

Hmm. I'll be sure to check what band I'm on next time.

It was definitely a wth moment for me. I'd just had my phone randomly shut off and not power boot too(xprivacy update that had issues), thank god for twrp backups :P. I thought I might have soft bricked my phone for a second lol.

• Like 1

Yes! I have that happen all the time. Only really after a call mostly. When I hang up it'll go to no service for a few minutes. Eventually it reconnects, but the phone can't receive or make calls during that time

Yes! I have that happen all the time. Only really after a call mostly. When I hang up it'll go to no service for a few minutes. Eventually it reconnects, but the phone can't receive or make calls during that time

Hmm I believe mine is because of LTE towers that service my house not being triband ready yet(and I'm rocking the .15 baseband because of the reception boost ^_^). I haven't seen it being related to making calls/sending texts or really anything specific. It just likes to search for LTE it can't use lol.

Yeah, .15 could be the issue, or it could be this:  http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/02/22/bug-watch-nexus-5-can-randomly-stop-receiving-calls-and-text-messages-for-some/

This is exactly what I was talking about a month or so ago where, when connected to LTE (weak LTE, but LTE all the same), I wouldn't receive calls, period.  I could use my wifes phone, set my Nexus down on the table, and call and it would just ring, then go to voicemail, while my Nexus would never make a peep.

Yeah, .15 could be the issue, or it could be this: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/02/22/bug-watch-nexus-5-can-randomly-stop-receiving-calls-and-text-messages-for-some/

This is exactly what I was talking about a month or so ago where, when connected to LTE (weak LTE, but LTE all the same), I wouldn't receive calls, period. I could use my wifes phone, set my Nexus down on the table, and call and it would just ring, then go to voicemail, while my Nexus would never make a peep.

I'm pretty sure my issues are just because of my towers(I've never had them in any other place). Except for the week I tried Google voice integration and decided it wasn't for me(caused issues with texting while in low signal areas).

Yeah, .15 could be the issue, or it could be this: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/02/22/bug-watch-nexus-5-can-randomly-stop-receiving-calls-and-text-messages-for-some/

This is exactly what I was talking about a month or so ago where, when connected to LTE (weak LTE, but LTE all the same), I wouldn't receive calls, period. I could use my wifes phone, set my Nexus down on the table, and call and it would just ring, then go to voicemail, while my Nexus would never make a peep.

100% that's the issue. All the texts flooded in a few moments after I received the call

Seems like there's no fix yet

I just had his happen on Sunday. Only happened once so far.