HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

just finished downloading the lollipop update on my h/k m8. Seeing sense 6 with lollipop up close actually does not look as bad as I thought it would. Actually kinda like it! Actually seems to run a little bit quicker as well touch input seems to be a lot more responsive then it was on kit Kat 4.4.

I am having severe is issues after downloading this update. I received the notification that the update was ready yesterday afternoon and proceeded to promptly download it and install it. This took about an hour - much longer than I'd anticipated. But that wasn't the issue. It was the battery life after the update. Something like 120 minutes! This phone had excellent battery life before the update! But the worst part is that once the battery finally drained completely last night, the phone refused to power back on and after being plugged in for several hours did manage to reboot but only after somehow completely erasing everything on my phone! It was a mess. I had to reinstall everything. I couldn't be more pissed with this update. Oh, and the phone is significantly slower and more laggy. Someone please give me my kit Kat back!

That experience isn't typical. I would download the phone software (ruu) from HTC and flash it again. That should clear it up.

• Like 1

I am having severe is issues after downloading this update. I received the notification that the update was ready yesterday afternoon and proceeded to promptly download it and install it. This took about an hour - much longer than I'd anticipated. But that wasn't the issue. It was the battery life after the update. Something like 120 minutes! This phone had excellent battery life before the update! But the worst part is that once the battery finally drained completely last night, the phone refused to power back on and after being plugged in for several hours did manage to reboot but only after somehow completely erasing everything on my phone! It was a mess. I had to reinstall everything. I couldn't be more pissed with this update. Oh, and the phone is significantly slower and more laggy. Someone please give me my kit Kat back!

Wow I'm sorry to hear that, It sounds like a terrible stroke of bad luck. I've been running this update since Wednesday morning and I'm not noticing any of those issues. My phone runs smoother than before and standby battery life has improved a great deal.

However I have noticed that when I'm home and connected to WI-FI, every few minutes my WiFi will disconnect for a second and reconnect for no reason. It's a bit annoying but it hasn't caused any interruptions in my usage so it's not too bad.

Just my two cents...

I've downloaded and installed Lollipop, and so far, I really like it!

IMHO, this is the best Android system upgrade since I went from Foyu to Gingerbread on my HTC EVO!

Personally, I'm really loving the notifications on the Lock Screen. It finally makes the Lock Screen useful!

Also I agree with what others have said that the phone seems to be running a lot more smoothly than it did with Kit-Kat.

Just my two cents...

I've downloaded and installed Lollipop, and so far, I really like it!

IMHO, this is the best Android system upgrade since I went from Foyu to Gingerbread on my HTC EVO!

Personally, I'm really loving the notifications on the Lock Screen. It finally makes the Lock Screen useful!

Also I agree with what others have said that the phone seems to be running a lot more smoothly than it did with Kit-Kat.

My only gripe is the cluttered status bar. On Kitkat I could mod it but the same mods don't work on Lollipop so even when I'm on WiFi it shows the Spark logo and GPS shows whether it's on or off. Not too much of a hassle but I prefer things minimalistic.

Sent from my M8

• Like 2

I reset my M8 to factory defaults as I usually do after major upgrades. I get a "Android is upgrading" every reboot, like what it did when optimizing apps after the upgrade. Anyone else get that? The only other annoying thing is that after a factory reset, Sprint ID installed a bunch of bloatware. Luckily most of it could be removed.

• Like 1

I reset my M8 to factory defaults as I usually do after major upgrades. I get a "Android is upgrading" every reboot, like what it did when optimizing apps after the upgrade. Anyone else get that? The only other annoying thing is that after a factory reset, Sprint ID installed a bunch of bloatware. Luckily most of it could be removed.

yes I've gotten the Android is upgrading message myself as well with each reboot!

yes I've gotten the Android is upgrading message myself as well with each reboot!

Ugh. I saw a friend's nexus 5 doing that too last week. Does it take as long as it usually takes after a real upgrade? I might hold off doing the same.

Just a quick question...

I have a Sprint version of the M8, and I have never been able to change the background color of the clock from the stock green color, to the black color I have seen on other M8 devices...

c609134fab2ea1a1b842f7a06f18f9a7.jpg

Is there any way to make the change?

Just a quick question...

I have a Sprint version of the M8, and I have never been able to change the background color of the clock from the stock green color, to the black color I have seen on other M8 devices...

c609134fab2ea1a1b842f7a06f18f9a7.jpg

Is there any way to make the change?

Select the black and white theme. (It's the last one).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I knew from the beginning. I always loved the personalization options on HTC phones. I hope they keep it in Sense 7.

I do really like the touches HTC has added.  Is there a way to download more themes?  I've been using the purple one because it's so unique but I'm open to more colors.  Looks like a fresh install of LolliSense has orange, green, and purple (and black/white).

• Like 1

I do really like the touches HTC has added.  Is there a way to download more themes?  I've been using the purple one because it's so unique but I'm open to more colors.  Looks like a fresh install of LolliSense has orange, green, and purple (and black/white).

They used to but they got rid of it and now there are only those default themes I think.

Has anyone had any luck with band priority after rooting and M8? I really need to stay on the 800 band while not on LTE. The area I live in 1900 is crap  but my phone stays on it most of the time. I have to do something about this. I've called sprint 3 times which is a waste of time. I love their answer "put your phone on CDMA mode and it will stay on 800" I laugh at them, I've been there done that. The phone acts no different on that mode or LTE mode. The signal is there just give it to me!!!!!!!

Has anyone had any luck with band priority after rooting and M8? I really need to stay on the 800 band while not on LTE. The area I live in 1900 is crap  but my phone stays on it most of the time. I have to do something about this. I've called sprint 3 times which is a waste of time. I love their answer "put your phone on CDMA mode and it will stay on 800" I laugh at them, I've been there done that. The phone acts no different on that mode or LTE mode. The signal is there just give it to me!!!!!!!

Staying on 1x800? There are custom PRLs that will put 1x800 higher on the priority list, that is the only way. Otherwise, if have even a weak 1x1900 signal, your phone will likely stay connected to that until you try to make a call and it re-evaluates signal options.

Staying on 1x800? There are custom PRLs that will put 1x800 higher on the priority list, that is the only way. Otherwise, if have even a weak 1x1900 signal, your phone will likely stay connected to that until you try to make a call and it re-evaluates signal options.

Do i need to be rooted to put on a custom PRL?

Has anyone had any luck with band priority after rooting and M8? I really need to stay on the 800 band while not on LTE. The area I live in 1900 is crap but my phone stays on it most of the time. I have to do something about this. I've called sprint 3 times which is a waste of time. I love their answer "put your phone on CDMA mode and it will stay on 800" I laugh at them, I've been there done that. The phone acts no different on that mode or LTE mode. The signal is there just give it to me!!!!!!!

Before the update, I was pretty much 100% on LTE 800. After the update I've seen more LTE 1900. Not really a way to fix it unless you try to install the previous radio.

Sent from my M8

Before the update, I was pretty much 100% on LTE 800. After the update I've seen more LTE 1900. Not really a way to fix it unless you try to install the previous radio.

Sent from my M8

I don't remember what is the priority of each band, but i would think that B25 and B26 are pretty much similar in terms of speed. The LTE 800 has better in-building penetration and further propagation, but i've noticed my phone is on LTE 1900 at my house more often where before it jumped back to 3G.  Maybe hey tuned the radios ???

I don't remember what is the priority of each band, but i would think that B25 and B26 are pretty much similar in terms of speed. The LTE 800 has better in-building penetration and further propagation, but i've noticed my phone is on LTE 1900 at my house more often where before it jumped back to 3G.  Maybe hey tuned the radios ???

I just updated yesterday so I haven't had a lot of time with it but I've noticed a stronger signal. I'm also picking up 1x800 less which is bad for me when I need it more. I've noticed no change in B25 & B26 they still swap back and forth like before however It may be  less likely to drop quickly to 3G but haven't had long enough to confirm that. 

When idle, mine sits on B25.. though it usually will switch to B26 or B41 when I'm using it.  I can also pick up B41 in my house sometimes now, when I couldn't prior to the upgrade.  Either tower optimizations happened recently, or an upgrade to the radio improved it.