HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

Took my m8 back sprint today and got a new one. The difference is night and day. LTE the whole way home. Incoming calls now work as well as texts. Might have been csfb, I don't know. The timing was too good to be a coincidence. I am very happy now!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

one question i haven't seen answered..On my m7 i loved the beats equalization through my car stereo via bluetooth...with beats gone is there some other sort of eq going on? Is it just boom sound?

There is an EQ going on. It is now under the Boomsound name. A little "b" logo pops up that is similar to Beats.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Maybe I should go get a new M8! Do I simply take it in store and ask for a replacement?

For me they had to let a technician look at it before they determined it was actually defective. Your reps may be a little easier to deal with, the guys here were going to deny my devices behavior until the bitter end. We almost had words.

For me they had to let a technician look at it before they determined it was actually defective. Your reps may be a little easier to deal with, the guys here were going to deny my devices behavior until the bitter end. We almost had words.

Ugh. While I don't have the Triband experience as you guys do.. One thing I love about having a 5s is that I can walk into a apple store like you guys did and pretty much walk out with a new phone if it's experiencing issues. That's another thing that keeps me with apple.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Ugh. While I don't have the Triband experience as you guys do.. One thing I love about having a 5s is that I can walk into a apple store like you guys did and pretty much walk out with a new phone if it's experiencing issues. That's another thing that keeps me with apple.

Very true. I do envy that.

• Like 1

Maybe I should go get a new M8! Do I simply take it in store and ask for a replacement?

Best Buy didn't give me any problems at all when I replaced mine earlier today.  Hell...the first one wasn't even 24 hours old.

• Like 1

Maybe a dumb question, but does Best Buy have the Sprint M8 in stores, or do you have to order it online?

They had it in stores at my local best buy as well as the Sprint corporate store. I was very tempted to return mine and get the gold from best buy, it is so sweet looking.

• Like 1

I got it via Bestbuy.com. Ordered it on March 31st.

did you get it via easy pay. Or outright phone replacement? Also did you have them price match as someone mentioned previously, as I am not sure that is possible to do for an online order.

Who let the troll in?

• Like 2

Got my replacement today at the corporate store.  As long it is within 14 days, simple as a returning and buying a new one.

My New HTC M8 still performing poorly compared to my S4.  It is not the phone that is defective.  Still seeing a difference of 5-10db on B25.

Not sure how well the S4 compares to the LG and N5, but M8 is pretty bad compared to the S4 single B25.  I am not just comparing to my S4, had compared it to 3 different co-workers S4 to be sure.

Who let the troll in?

Excuse me? I was simply pointing out the differences in the ease of getting a new device when there is an issue. Do not call me a troll.

Edit: also, to go further into that. I have owned both android and apple devices. I favor apple because it's more compatible with the people I am around. I am also a fan of android devices.

• Like 1

Excuse me? I was simply pointing out the differences in the ease of getting a new device when there is an issue. Do not call me a troll.

Edit: also, to go further into that. I have owned both android and apple devices. I favor apple because it's more compatible with the people I am around. I am also a fan of android devices.

Maybe you are not a troll, but your post was trollish as it was not even remotely connected to the m8. Less comments have sparked Android vs iphone holy wars, which is not what what this site is about. Leave that for the other forums.

• Like 3

Maybe you are not a troll, but your post was trollish as it was not even remotely connected to the m8. Less comments have sparked Android vs iphone holy wars, which is not what what this site is about. Leave that for the other forums.

Right. So I wonder if a person would've said that they had a similar problem with their Samsung galaxy s4 and had it replaced, if there would've been an issue with me commenting saying the ease of getting it replaced. The comment was not intended to spark a war, because I don't care about that crap but I can see how trolls would love to get involved in that. I'll leave it out in the future. Aside from this, I hope you guys get your issue with the m8 fixed. It is a beautiful phone and if I were not sucked into apples ecosystem so much I would probably get that device. Or the s5. Hard to choose but I do love the metal enclosure.

Honestly, so happy I found this thread!

Tried to go to BestBuy to do EasyPay on Thursday and it was a horrible experience. I advise against it. They went through the process twice with the activation erroring out and they charged my CC twice for the down payment and tax. It's appearing as a hold on my account.

Called a few Sprint stores and found one that had it in stock, went in, 15 minutes later I walked out with a new HTC One M8. I'll never go to BestBuy again.

I had a G2 and returned it about two weeks ago and have been using a N5 which worked great. I'm experiencing the same issues as everyone else... it connects to LTE but only 1-2 bars and then falls back to 3G and stays there until I do a soft reset or a PRL update.

The PRL update works sometimes and sometimes it errors out and earlier it just stayed on the screen updating without finishing.  I also get the LTE error occasionally. Sometimes it'll connect to LTE but no data will come through at all and when it's on 3G it'll go from full signal to zero then back again randomly. 

With my N5 and 5S, I would get awesome LTE signal at home and while traveling in the Atlanta area. I love this phone and was thinking I had to exchange it but it seems like a network issue or device issue. I'm hoping an update will help or tower upgrades at least. 

I had similar problems with the G2 but not to this extent which I find strange. I'm just glad I'm not the only one with the problem as I was really disappointed since it's a great device and the battery is a beast. 

Edited by juststart
  • Like 1

I went to the Sprint store today wanting to truth my flex for something else or just waiting until the 11th when the m8 is released. Shockingly that store had the phone for sale...so it was was a instant yes can I switch phones...I must say I am highly impressed with this phone and it makes the LG g flex look like a phone that was just thrown together to see how the public reacts to it.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

For the record, jamisonshaw is a valued member of this site. We do not take the accusation of "troll" lightly. Please consider that next time you decide to call out a fellow Premier Sponsor.

• Like 5

Honestly, so happy I found this thread!

Tried to go to BestBuy to do EasyPay on Thursday and it was a horrible experience. I advise against it. They went through the process twice with the activation erroring out and they charged my CC twice for the down payment and tax. It's appearing as a hold on my account.

Called a few Sprint stores and found one that had it in stock, went in, 15 minutes later I walked out with a new HTC One M8. I'll never go to BestBuy again.

I had a G2 and returned it about two weeks ago and have been using a N5 which worked great. I'm experiencing the same issues as everyone else... it connects to LTE but only 1-2 bars and then falls back to 3G and stays there until I do a soft reset or a PRL update.

The PRL update works sometimes and sometimes it errors out and earlier it just stayed on the screen updating without finishing.  I also get the LTE error occasionally. Sometimes it'll connect to LTE but no data will come through at all and when it's on 3G it'll go from full signal to zero then back again randomly. 

With my N5 and 5S, I would get awesome LTE signal at home and while traveling in the Atlanta area. I love this phone and was thinking I had to exchange it but it seems like a network issue or device issue. I'm hoping an update will help or tower upgrades at least. 

I had similar problems with the G2 but not to this extent which I find strange. I'm just glad I'm not the only one with the problem as I was really disappointed since it's a great device and the battery is a beast. 

I think its a device issue.  I myself got a brand new replacement.  Same issue on LTE.

Is it possible to get enough complaints in so Sprint/HTC can do something about it?

• Like 1