HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

Mmmmmm why does Verizon and At&t both have the Glacial Silver One, and Sprint doesn't? That ain't right! I thought Verizon was the only one with the Glacial Silver and there it is on Best Buys site fore At&t as well.

I think its a device issue. I myself got a brand new replacement. Same issue on LTE.

Is it possible to get enough complaints in so Sprint/HTC can do something about it?

I was thinking if someone took all the posts and thread addresses and posted on the Sprint community board but I don't know how helpful they are.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I went to the Sprint store today wanting to truth my flex for something else or just waiting until the 11th when the m8 is released. Shockingly that store had the phone for sale...so it was was a instant yes can I switch phones...I must say I am highly impressed with this phone and it makes the LG g flex look like a phone that was just thrown together to see how the public reacts to it.

Yea thel m8 launched in stores friday with no fanfare or notice really.

HTC marketing pretty bad for flagship.  Sprint had it available in stores since Wed and no one knew it was selling. I didn't even know until got my replacement in store and was told plently in stock.

Yea thel m8 launched in stores friday with no fanfare or notice really.

I wonder what the reason was to release it early and not on the 11th?

HTC marketing pretty bad for flagship.  Sprint had it available in stores since Wed and no one knew it was selling. I didn't even know until got my replacement in store and was told plently in stock.

Best Buy actually let me down this time. I had pre ordered and was waiting for  my notification. I then read that some people had picked theirs up at Best Buy on April 4. I checked on line and saw that some stores had gotten their inventory. I called my Best Buy and they said they had no record of any pre orders! But they did have a Sprint M8 in Gun metal gray and they said they would hold it for me so at least they made good.

At least at my store we were not supposed to get them til next week from what I was told. When we received them this week I was pretty surprised. Of course now nobody comes in asking for it and everyone has been shying away from the new tech so far.

Picked up my M8 yesterday at a local Sprint corporate store. I had to ask them if they had them in stock, and they were in the back. The sales guy told me they weren't allowed to put them on display yet. So far I'm picking up much more LTE signal in my area, and the phone is lightning fast. Got my fiancee the M7, because she wanted a slightly smaller phone.

My only complaint so far is the weak vibration intensity compared to my M7. This feels faint in comparison. I also wish (as I have for several years) that HTC would go with a better notification light. The tiny one in the speaker grille sucks compared to the Samsung one IMO, and isn't customizable with LightFlow like the GS phones have.

• Like 1

Picked up my M8 yesterday at a local Sprint corporate store. I had to ask them if they had them in stock, and they were in the back. The sales guy told me they weren't allowed to put them on display yet. So far I'm picking up much more LTE signal in my area, and the phone is lightning fast. Got my fiancee the M7, because she wanted a slightly smaller phone.

My only complaint so far is the weak vibration intensity compared to my M7. This feels faint in comparison. I also wish (as I have for several years) that HTC would go with a better notification light. The tiny one in the speaker grille sucks compared to the Samsung one IMO, and isn't customizable with LightFlow like the GS phones have.

That store needs a new manager/lead in charge of planogram. It clearly said remove the evo LTE from the lighted table and place the m8 in its place by 4/4/14 opening.

• Like 1

Have not had a chance to really put her through the paces yet. My initial imperessions:

• much better reception than my EVOLTE and the OGONE (see what I did there?)
  • The phone is smoother and the data speeds seem faster on average
  • The boomsound is friggin AWESOME!!!!!
  • It seems significantly heavier than any of my other phones. I'm sure I will get used to it.
  • Low light pics are great. 

Over the next couple of days I will perform speed test and take some pics in the daylight to see if I can duplicate the "wash out" that the reviewers are complaining about.

• Like 1

Question for those that have an m8 already.  If you look at the machined finished edge that goes around the device, is it smooth or does it have a lot of little tiny scratches on it?  I just noticed it while outdoors today that my m8 is scratch to hell and back.  When I initially got mines, I took it out of the box and directly into a case so didn't pay much attention until now.

Question for those that have an m8 already.  If you look at the machined finished edge that goes around the device, is it smooth or does it have a lot of little tiny scratches on it?  I just noticed it while outdoors today that my m8 is scratch to hell and back.  When I initially got mines, I took it out of the box and directly into a case so didn't pay much attention until now.

My chamfered edges have a few tiny scratches, but it seems smooth for the most part.

Are you sure that what you are seeing is not just how the aluminum is or does it look man-made?

My chamfered edges have a few tiny scratches, but it seems smooth for the most part.

Are you sure that what you are seeing is not just how the aluminum is or does it look man-made?

It doesn't look man made and mine is smooth to the touch its just that when you look at it you can see a lot of random scratches that isn't uniformed in anyway.  Maybe something happened during the manufacturing process.  I will try to take a pic and post it later on this evening.  Also, my power button had some scratches on it as well.

Got my M8 a few hours ago at best buy.  Ended up with the gold, they were out of silver, but I got over it.  Initial reactions are mixed.  Phone is fast, love the feel, UI, screen, etc.  I feel like I am back on my old EVO 4G, just on super steroids (I loved that phone). 

Now, I sit it next to my wifes S3, and notice the signal is anywhere from 1-7 db worse.  The signal is very bouncy on the M8, but the S3 is staying steady.  Both arent moving, sitting on my desk, staring at them.  Could this just be a result of polling time being faster on the M8?

Other thing I notice is that outside I am getting anywhere from +3 to -5 db, rapidly changing, on LTE.  I guess I have to give it a few days to decide if its good or not.

Side note, phone calls and data do work fine, none of the other issues people mentioned so far.

Update posted today to help with network acquisition. 1.54.651.8

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Link for those interested.  https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-discussion?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F155906

Sounds like you can manually initiate it today and it will start automatically rolling out tomorrow.

• Like 4

I do not have any scratches.