Current & Coming Soon Sprint Communities - LTE Status

Dkoellerwx

I live in Morgantown WV which is nTelos territory for sprint service. I've been a sprint customer for about 8 years. Been hoping for LTE HERE soon but since its nTelos based I'm thinking it may still be a long time in coming. I'm under contract through June 2014. I stopped in the local ntelos dealer and asked about LTE. He said it would be here by the end of the year. Their reps have never been known for their accuracy.

Sprint/nTelos is the only provider left in Morgantown that has not upgraded to LTE. Verizon, ATT, and US Cellular all have 4G LTE here.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Has anyone been on sensorly lately. If not look at how fast It is expanding towards Galesburg. I was in Kansas City MO (Lee's Summit) and was getting awesome speeds like 27-35Mbs constantly during the day and night. In the three days I was there i used a total of 14.5Gb. I am glad i switched from verizon this would of never been possible with limited data. Also does anyone know if your phone is rooted does that increase speed because i would run speedtests with my dads phone that isnt rooted and my phone being rooted i got over 30 Mbs when my dad phone would only hit 10Mbs or so. Also I knew that we were on the same tower by the netmoniter app.

NetMonitor does not tell you which LTE site you're connected to. Only which 1x site you're connected to. You can only tell which LTE site you're connected to by looking at the LTE Engineering screen in your debug menu.

Rooted devices do not get faster speeds on the network. You were either connected to a different site, to a different sector on the same site, or your dad's device is a weaker RF performer than yours.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Passive.

Edit: I thought it did both simultaneously? I was mistaken. Touche'.

A true S4GRU mapper does a big purple line with the map trip mode once they connect to 4g. ;)

Passive mode just does those few points here and there from what I have seen.

If you had Sensorly running the whole time without LTE discovery running in Cycle while not connected mode then you could have missed a bunch of LTE. Your phone was busy uploading points and never had a chance to scan for LTE.

Could you explain that differently?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I was in Pittsburgh yesterday near Duquesne and had full bar 4g signal all day long. Ran several speed tests with abysmal results. Best I could manage was 1.2mb down and 1.8mb up.

How do you know you had full bars on LTE? Most phones only show the signal level for 1x

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I was in Pittsburgh yesterday near Duquesne and had full bar 4g signal all day long. Ran several speed tests with abysmal results. Best I could manage was 1.2mb down and 1.8mb up.

Only iPhone show LTE signal bars.

• 185 total LTE markets across the country
  • 34 more LTE markets launched in September
  • Oklahoma City and Beaumont/Port Arthur, Texas – now live with 4G LTE
  • Sprint backed by customer service rated “most improved” across 47 industries during the past five years

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), September 16, 2013 - Sprint (NYSE:S) today turned on 4G LTE service in 34 more markets, featuring an enhanced customer experience that provides faster data speeds in more places where customers want it. With an expanding all-new 4G network plus the groundbreaking Sprint Unlimited Guarantee, customers can get unlimited talk, text and data while on the Sprint network guaranteed for the life of the line of service.i

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-turns-on-more-4g-lte-markets-expands-lte-coverage.htm

• Like 1

• 185 total LTE markets across the country
  • 34 more LTE markets launched in September
  • Oklahoma City and Beaumont/Port Arthur, Texas – now live with 4G LTE
  • Sprint backed by customer service rated “most improved” across 47 industries during the past five years

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), September 16, 2013 - Sprint (NYSE:S) today turned on 4G LTE service in 34 more markets, featuring an enhanced customer experience that provides faster data speeds in more places where customers want it. With an expanding all-new 4G network plus the groundbreaking Sprint Unlimited Guarantee, customers can get unlimited talk, text and data while on the Sprint network guaranteed for the life of the line of service.i

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-turns-on-more-4g-lte-markets-expands-lte-coverage.htm

I would love to know the total number of pops covered now.

I would love to know the total number of pops covered now.

They won't tell you the number of pops because there coverage map is well exaggerated and they probably won't know how many pops they cover until network vision is more complete

Today Sprint officially launched LTE in 34 more cities and communities. Below is the full list of launched communities. As with past launches, these areas are still very much works in progress, so expect there to continue to be growing pains for a few more weeks to a couple months. This brings the official number of launched communities to very close to 200. Sprint continues to deploy LTE at a rapid pace, on track to convert most of it's network over to LTE by Spring or Summer of 2014.

• Anniston, AL
  • Montgomery, AL
  • Oxford, AL
  • Macon, GA
  • Alexandria, LA
  • Houma/Bayou Cane/Thibodaux, LA
  • Lake Charles, LA
  • Ruston, LA
  • Allegan, MI
  • Bay City, MI
  • Monroe, MI
  • Greenville, MS
  • Kinston, NC
  • Lumberton, NC
  • Lumberton, NC
  • Enid, OK
  • Lawton, OK
  • Muskogee, OK
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Stillwater, OK
  • Salem, OR
  • Bedford, PA
  • Juniata County, PA
  • Mifflin County, PA
  • Amarillo, TX
  • Beaumont, TX
  • Corpus Christi, TX
  • Del Rio, TX
  • Longview, TX
  • Midland, TX
  • Port Arthur, TX
  • San Angelo, TX
  • Victoria, TX
  • Fort Atkinson, WI
  • Marshfield, WI
  • Sheboygan, WI
  • Whitewater, WI
  • Wisconsin Rapids, WI
  • Like 4

Any body got any idea on when LTE is actually going to be covered in San Jose, CA? or how about even a real 3G signal.. Im about to swtich my family plan to verizon

Work is still ongoing. How long it will take I have no idea. Please check out the San Jose and San Francisco market threads for more information.

So I'm looking at buying an iPhone 5S but it doesn't support TD-LTE in the 2.5 GHz spectrum, band 41. The above map shows that the LTE towers going live in Utah are all TD-LTE. Does this mean that I won't be able to get LTE in my iPhone 5S in this area?

That's not what the map means. All forms of LTE are being deployed. Salt Lake is one of the markets where TD-LTE is being deployed aggressively and will be complete soon. That is why it is marked like that. Those markers indicate launched regions. When Sprint officially launches PCS LTE, it will be marked as such.

Sent from my HTC ONE

• Like 1

That's not what the map means. All forms of LTE are being deployed. Salt Lake is one of the markets where TD-LTE is being deployed aggressively and will be complete soon. That is why it is marked like that. Those markers indicate launched regions. When Sprint officially launches PCS LTE, it will be marked as such.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Thank you for the clarification. To follow-up though, are you saying that all forms of LTE will go live simultaneously?

Thank you for the clarification. To follow-up though, are you saying that all forms of LTE will go live simultaneously?

No, unfortunately, not at all.

TD-LTE build out is unrelated to the PCS build out. SMR is installed with PCS, but won't be activated at the same time. 

You won't be on the list for a couple months at least. They won't launch until there is appreciable coverage, but as soon as sites are completed they will be live and available for use.

So will LTE be faster once it's totally done? Right now sometimes you get LTE sometimes not in exact same area

I'm not convinced that Newark, NJ, Paterson, NJ LTE is available. I work in Newark and I drive through a highway that puts me through Paterson or "close enough" at times and I'm not getting a reliable LTE data signal. I think it's probably more in a testing phase right now and not formally deployed.

• Like 1

I'm not convinced that Newark, NJ, Paterson, NJ LTE is available. I work in Newark and I drive through a highway that puts me through Paterson or "close enough" at times and I'm not getting a reliable LTE data signal. I think it's probably more in a testing phase right now and not formally deployed.

There are several sites lit up in Newark area, it's quite obvious with the amount of Sensorly data on the map.  If the site is in testing then no one will connect to it.  If customer phones are able to connect to it and map it on Sensorly then the site is no longer in testing.

• Like 1