Current & Coming Soon Sprint Communities - LTE Status

Dkoellerwx

I think that got lumped in with Palm Springs and Indio. I can switch the pin location if you want.

Okay, just thought every city was being pinned individually, since Palm Desert barely got LTE I thought it would be good to pin it. Bermuda Dunes also has LTE which is above Palm Desert, but i wasn't able to map it on sensorly.   

Okay, just thought every city was being pinned individually, since Palm Desert barely got LTE I thought it would be good to pin it. Rancho Mirage also has LTE which is above Palm Desert, but i wasn't able to map it on sensorly.   

I'd run out of pins if I pinned every city. I'm trying to stick to communities the way Sprint will announce them, and they don't announce every single town and city in an area, they typically pick the biggest one and just announce that one.

I'd run out of pins if I pinned every city. I'm trying to stick to communities the way Sprint will announce them, and they don't announce every single town and city in an area, they typically pick the biggest one and just announce that one.

OK sounds good haha sorry about that 

Sexy tower pictures from the Frederick II (looks like Sprint renamed it Beardstown II) tower on Rock Quarry Road and Old 67. That is between Pleasant View and Frederick, IL. It is kind of a strange tower for such a rural location, short. There is no legacy equipment as there was no room for both. That would explain the drops from that tower to any other in the area. I didn't get good pics of the cabinets due to the weeds and thorn bushes. I did drive by the tower in Rushville and the cabinets were installed there also but nothing new up on the rack.

aPVl4DA.jpg

QQHxjfI.jpgsSZT4YF.jpgpGfiKWL.jpg

Edited by userkv8031
  • Like 2

Sexy tower pictures from the Frederick II (looks like Sprint renamed it Beardstown II) tower on Rock Quarry Road and Old 67. That is between Pleasant View and Frederick, IL. It is kind of a strange tower for such a rural location, short. There is no legacy equipment as there was no room for both. That would explain the drops from that tower to any other in the area. I didn't get good pics of the cabinets due to the weeds and thorn bushes. I did drive by the tower in Rushville and the cabinets were installed there also but nothing new up on the rack.

aPVl4DA.jpg

QQHxjfI.jpgsSZT4YF.jpgpGfiKWL.jpg

I don't really know much about the towers and upgrades. Is this LTE upgrade?? Or just a upgrade to get better 3g and voice service?

This is the Network Vision upgrade which includes LTE and 3G. I would guess that everything is done since there was no room for the legacy equipment to be in place while the new equipment was installed. Service was worse than normal for about a week. I also drove by that area during that time and there was no service less than a mile from the tower. The only bad thing is that calls drop between the new equipment and the old equipment at surrounding towers. In this case doing a cluster wouldn't work seeing as this is the first tower to go live in this area. They seemed to have picked the one that would be a bit more complicated. All of the towers within about 15-20 miles of me had fiber installed in 2009. I would guess the backhaul in that respect is fairly easy since it was installed long ago. 

This is the Network Vision upgrade which includes LTE and 3G. I would guess that everything is done since there was no room for the legacy equipment to be in place while the new equipment was installed. Service was worse than normal for about a week. I also drove by that area during that time and there was no service less than a mile from the tower. The only bad thing is that calls drop between the new equipment and the old equipment at surrounding towers. In this case doing a cluster wouldn't work seeing as this is the first tower to go live in this area. They seemed to have picked the one that would be a bit more complicated. All of the towers within about 15-20 miles of me had fiber installed in 2009. I would guess the backhaul in that respect is fairly easy since it was installed long ago.

Awesome!!! I can't wait for them to get towards my area I'm glad there getting LTE here in the central Illinois area.

Just a suggestion, but should we start to include pins to roll-out of different frequencies? This is more of a question than it is a necessity.

Interesting idea. I'm not sure the best way to do that. All this is built in a spreadsheet. A different map, possibly could do that, to just show which cities have been launched? I'll think about it.

• Like 2

Interesting idea. I'm not sure the best way to do that. All this is built in a spreadsheet. A different map, possibly could do that, to just show which cities have been launched? I'll think about it.

thank you

ugggghhhh i just want Spokane, WA to go live already!! I heard that work was underway, then a cluster of NV sites went live in Spokane Valley, and then ever since it's just been customers coming in (I work as a tech in a Sprint Store) with dropped calls and non-existent data speeds with no progress appearing to have been made since May/early June..... They really don't tell us much of anything other than NV should be done by end of July and then LTE by the end of the year :(  Well, it's the end of July and I don't see any other sites in west Spokane going NV as of yet..... 

Frankly, no one comes to see me at the Sprint Store unless they are super angry about their phone/service, and it's getting old telling them that it'll be over soon.... 

• Like 2

ugggghhhh i just want Spokane, WA to go live already!! I heard that work was underway, then a cluster of NV sites went live in Spokane Valley, and then ever since it's just been customers coming in (I work as a tech in a Sprint Store) with dropped calls and non-existent data speeds with no progress appearing to have been made since May/early June..... They really don't tell us much of anything other than NV should be done by end of July and then LTE by the end of the year :(  Well, it's the end of July and I don't see any other sites in west Spokane going NV as of yet..... 

Frankly, no one comes to see me at the Sprint Store unless they are super angry about their phone/service, and it's getting old telling them that it'll be over soon.... 

Welcome to the family johnbailey14...

Just a suggestion, but should we start to include pins to roll-out of different frequencies? This is more of a question than it is a necessity.

I think what I will do is create two maps. One with the current info, and one showing just launched markets, indicating which LTE band is currently being used. 

How does this sound to everyone?

• Like 3

I think what I will do is create two maps. One with the current info, and one showing just launched markets, indicating which LTE band is currently being used.

How does this sound to everyone?

Awesome. That will be great.

Been waiting quite a while to mark that one actually.

Great! I was happy to go out and be the one who mapped it. I've been waiting to do that. I've been on S4GRU about a year and a half and ive stayed up to date with cities in Texas and cities around me and stayed up to date with my city with the latest updates. I can really appreciate the guys who put in countless hours and hard work to help make everybody's 4G dreams come true lol....thanks guys
  • Like 1