Current & Coming Soon Sprint Communities - LTE Status

Dkoellerwx

Added this map to the first post. Let me know what you think.

Very easy and plain to read. Well thought out with the multiple pins of the future.

Great job. This should be on the front page of the forum.

Edit: come on purple!

As a person from Northern California/Northern Nevada, I must dispute the combining of Auburn and Roseville. They are 20 miles apart and separated by hills. Roseville is an upper middle class suburb of Sacto and Auburn is a distinctively separate Sierra Nevada foothills community. There is no link to these communities other than they are both in Placer County and I-80 runs through them. On a side note, Downtown Auburn is one of the nifitiest places to visit in Northern California. Auburn was also once the capital of California, I believe.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 4

On a side note, Downtown Auburn is one of the nifitiest places to visit in Northern California. Auburn was also once the capital of California, I believe.

But its reputation has since been sullied by Cam Newton.

;)

AJ

Hi guys! I'm new to these forums and I'm trying to figure some things out about the different LTE bands sprint has. My understanding is that TD-LTE is on the 2.5ghz band, PCS-LTE is on the 1900mhz band, and SMR-LTE is on the 800mhz band. I also understand that most sprint LTE devices only support LTE on the 1900mhz band. Is this all correct? If so that means that areas that are not mapped with the PCS band of LTE will not work with my Galaxy S3 which has a 1900mhz LTE radio. Correct? Is Sprint expected to expand LTE into the 1900mhz band everywhere, even the places that currently aren't launching with it? My main concern is actually Seattle which is marked as TD on the map. Please correct me if any of this is wrong.

Hi guys! I'm new to these forums and I'm trying to figure some things out about the different LTE bands sprint has. My understanding is that TD-LTE is on the 2.5ghz band, PCS-LTE is on the 1900mhz band, and SMR-LTE is on the 800mhz band. I also understand that most sprint LTE devices only support LTE on the 1900mhz band. Is this all correct? If so that means that areas that are not mapped with the PCS band of LTE will not work with my Galaxy S3 which has a 1900mhz LTE radio. Correct? Is Sprint expected to expand LTE into the 1900mhz band everywhere, even the places that currently aren't launching with it? My main concern is actually Seattle which is marked as TD on the map. Please correct me if any of this is wrong.

Sprint is converting it's entire network over to PCS and SMR LTE. Currently, 2500MHz (what I've labeled as TD) is only available in 7 markets, and is basically the WiMax overlay provided by Clear. Seattle also has PCS LTE active, the market just isn't officially launched yet.

There is yet to be any market with SMR LTE. That will be occurring this fall.

There are a couple of Tri-Band hot spot devices, but there are no Tri-Band phones... yet. They will be released this fall as well.

• Like 1

I made some adjustments to the current TD-LTE markets. Mostly based on a guess, that the current TD-LTE footprint is close to the WiMax footprint in these markets. I adjusted the pins accordingly.

If someone is out there with a Tri-Band hotspot and can test this... I'd love to know for sure whether these marks are right or not.

I will be updating the current and coming soon map on Tuesday (assuming Sprint releases a list of launch cities).

As a person from Northern California/Northern Nevada, I must dispute the combining of Auburn and Roseville. They are 20 miles apart and separated by hills. Roseville is an upper middle class suburb of Sacto and Auburn is a distinctively separate Sierra Nevada foothills community. There is no link to these communities other than they are both in Placer County and I-80 runs through them. On a side note, Downtown Auburn is one of the nifitiest places to visit in Northern California. Auburn was also once the capital of California, I believe.

Ohh they're not combined... I just didn't mark it ...  :ninja:

:secret:

Besides, Roseville doesn't even have the Auburn Thai Garden.

http://www.auburnthai.com/

Roseville is where people in Auburn go to shop.

Besides, Roseville doesn't even have the Auburn Thai Garden.

http://www.auburnthai.com/

Roseville is where people in Auburn go to shop.

And Auburn is where the Rosevillians go antiquing. But they both have In N Out! *drool*

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

I think what I will do is create two maps. One with the current info, and one showing just launched markets, indicating which LTE band is currently being used. 

How does this sound to everyone?

Seems like something we could add to the existing NV complete map under the "New adds" section. 

And Auburn is where the Rosevillians go antiquing. But they both have In N Out! *drool*

True that on the antiquing, pretty funny.

The Auburn In-N-Out is the first In-N-Out comin' down the mountain.

My favorite part about Auburn is watching people getting nailed by the CHP.  San Francisco yuppies getting tickets all day every day.

I have family that lives around Auburn - great place to live.  Inexpensive, close to everything, a LOT cooler than Roseville, etc etc.

True that on the antiquing, pretty funny.

The Auburn In-N-Out is the first In-N-Out comin' down the mountain.

My favorite part about Auburn is watching people getting nailed by the CHP. San Francisco yuppies getting tickets all day every day.

I have family that lives around Auburn - great place to live. Inexpensive, close to everything, a LOT cooler than Roseville, etc etc.

Before they started building In N Outs in the Reno Area in 2004, we used to drive down to Auburn a few times a year just to get a burger. :hee:

Update!

Communities officially launched today: 59

• Fremont, CA
  • Hayward, CA
  • King City, CA
  • Oakland, CA
  • Salinas, CA
  • Daytona Beach, FL
  • Deerfield Beach, FL
  • Deltona, FL
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
  • Homosassa Springs, FL
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Ocala, FL
  • Ormond Beach, FL
  • Palm Coast, FL
  • Pompano, FL
  • Port Charlotte, FL
  • Punta Gorda, FL
  • Kokomo, IN
  • Morgan City, LA
  • Fitchburg, MA
  • Leomister, MA
  • Springfield, MA
  • Worcester, MA
  • Flint, MI
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Greenville, MI
  • Holland, MI
  • Saginaw, MI
  • Fairbault, MN
  • Northfield, MN
  • Columbus, MS
  • Greenwood, MS
  • Tupelo, MS
  • Chapel Hill, NC
  • Durham, NC
  • Fayettville, NC
  • Greenville, NC
  • Mooresville, NC
  • Rocky Mount, NC
  • Wilson, NC
  • Bronx, NY
  • Brooklyn, NY
  • Ponca City, OK
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Portland, OR
  • Lebanon, PA
  • Philidelphia, PA
  • Dyersburg, TN
  • Jackson, TN
  • Nashville, TN
  • Brownsville, TX
  • Harlingen, TX
  • Laredo, TX
  • Nacogdoches, TX
  • Baraboo, WI
  • Beaver Dam, WI
  • Wausau, WI
  • Big Rapids, MI
  • Cadillac, MI

Communities that now have LTE Available: 12

• Conway, AR
  • Auburn, CA
  • Lakeport, CA
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Pensacola, FL
  • Portsmouth, ME
  • Glens Falls, NY
  • Kingston, NY
  • Tyler, TX
  • Victoria, TX
  • Logan, UT
  • Fredericksburg, VA
  • Shawano, WI

The Official Sprint LTE map has been updated with the new market launches as well.

• Like 1

I'm still scratching my head as to why sprint says my city Ocala Fl has LTE and its has major gaps on the sw side of town, where I dont know, the college, bestbuy, the mall, college dorms, Walmart, Starbucks, shopping plaza and even Sprint only corporate store has no LTE to be found because they have not updated 3 of the most crucial towers in the city. They also lied on the coverage map and says that its covered my fair LTE when there is none at all. That's false advertising to the max and I'm genuinely upset that they lauched as a official LTE market and false coverage just because tmobile put them under pressure to get there LTE numbers up. Disappointed to the max

I'm still scratching my head as to why sprint says my city Ocala Fl has LTE and its has major gaps on the sw side of town, where I dont know, the college, bestbuy, the mall, college dorms, Walmart, Starbucks, shopping plaza and even Sprint only corporate store has no LTE to be found because they have not updated 3 of the most crucial towers in the city. They also lied on the coverage map and says that its covered my fair LTE when there is none at all. That's false advertising to the max and I'm genuinely upset that they lauched as a official LTE market and false coverage just because tmobile put them under pressure to get there LTE numbers up. Disappointed to the max

Join the club, many areas are like that and the maps are messed up as well. None of us agree with it really.

• Like 2

Join the club, many areas are like that and the maps are messed up as well. None of us agree with it really.

Where I live is the same way the coverage for LTE is excellent but, I don't get any lte at all. :(

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Any news or info about NV in Champaign/Urbana?    All I know is that 3G data speeds here are somewhat better than 6-12 months ago, but still not great.    I'm still using my ol' faithful HTC Arrive... I like Windows Phone and was waiting for the WP8 devices on Sprint, now the dilemma is whether to grab an Ativ S Neo or wait for dual/triband LTE phones.

With the announcement that all sites will see 2.5 added I would wait for a tri-band device. I was thinking of a new device once I move from this area but I will wait until a tri-band device comes along. I have waited so long for an upgrade that a bit more doesn't matter to me. Last device I used my upgrade on was the V950 and that kept me happy until Sprint replaced it for the Duramax. Only upside to that deal was the addition of 800 voice. That has made my phone usable at least.