Current & Coming Soon Sprint Communities - LTE Status

Dkoellerwx

Is there any information available when 4G will be available in Richmond, Indiana, 47374? I can pick it up 15 miles West of us in towns of 20,000 population. We are a small city of 55,000. Seems as though we would be on the list. 12 tower upgrades on showing on sprint.com/network for our area.

Any information?

Thanks much.

Sites have already been upgraded with equipment in the Richmond area. Awaiting high speed backhaul to be installed by the local vendor. The reason why the smaller towns in your area have LTE already is because the backhaul vendor in those towns did their part quicker.

Who is the local ILEC? It seems like CenturyLink and Windstream are often the culprits in delayed backhaul.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Robert, thank you for the reply.  The local ILEC is Frontier.

May I ask where you got the information that our sites had been upgraded?  Sprint forums told me three days ago that upgrades were scheduled to begin within the next 90 days.  I know that is their canned answer, but it surprises me to hear that the sites have been upgraded.  

Thanks again,

Rick

Edited by rdoan71

Robert, thank you for the reply. The local ILEC is Frontier.

May I ask where you got the information that our sites had been upgraded? Sprint forums told me three days ago that upgrades were scheduled to begin within the next 90 days. I know that is their canned answer, but it surprises me to hear that the sites have been upgraded.

Thanks again,

Rick

All Samsung sites in your market have already had their equipment installed. They just are in various stages of testing/acceptance, and waiting for backhaul.

Our information mostly comes from internal Sprint sources. Sprint customer service channels can only tell you if work is scheduled in the next 90/180 days, or if the site is accepted as complete.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Robert, what can you tell me about another Richmond? Richmond, VA. Looks like there's some steady progress being made now. There were two big 3g updates last week. Can we expect more 4g updates coming soon?

Robert, what can you tell me about another Richmond? Richmond, VA. Looks like there's some steady progress being made now. There were two big 3g updates last week. Can we expect more 4g updates coming soon?

Seems like ALU is making steady 3G progress across the market. 11 more are just about to hit the maps in a few minutes.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is there any information available when 4G will be available in Richmond, Indiana, 47374?

Backhaul and LTE must be steering clear of Richmond like I-70 does.  Man, just across the Ohio state line, I remember that big, sweeping curve, a huge change in the Interstate right of way.

:P

AJ

• Like 3

Also Richmond has significant fiber presence from both paralax (a local telco owned by Richmond power and light), and the ilight network runs to Richmond. I know Vz has LTE here so the backhaul should be available at least in the more urban sections of town. I've even heard that Richmond is being considered for being a home for some new customer service call centers for some companies so I definitely believe the fiber is here... Probably has something to do with the economics of the subscriber base here in Richmond versus in other nearby communities.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Robert, thank you for the reply. The local ILEC is Frontier.

May I ask where you got the information that our sites had been upgraded? Sprint forums told me three days ago that upgrades were scheduled to begin within the next 90 days. I know that is their canned answer, but it surprises me to hear that the sites have been upgraded.

Thanks again,

Rick

Hey Rick welcome to s4gru.. Being from Hagerstown. Originally I get your pain it's rough going home for service... Hell htowns only tower is off Germantown road down by mcyds off 1 and 70. When vzw finally put a tower up near the country club I was able to roam while home.. Was always frustrating visiting lol.

But for raw info to get a better idea of what's going on make a donation whatever you can every bit helps. The access and maps you get is worth it and better than any lying u will get at sprint forums.

Go Tigers... And I can't help it Go Boilermakers lol

Backhaul and LTE must be steering clear of Richmond like I-70 does.  Man, just across the Ohio state line, I remember that big, sweeping curve, a huge change in the Interstate right of way.

:P

AJ

Bah interstates! Who needs those when you have the National road? Interstates are a fad. US 40 is forever... I hear hear they said the same thing all all across the country on Highway 66 too lol who's going to get get their kicks on I40 fix the roads we got don't build new ones I always say. Who needs to go 70 much any way... Said ppl in the 1950s

Bah interstates! Who needs those when you have the National road? Interstates are a fad. US 40 is forever... I hear hear they said the same thing all all across the country on Highway 66 too lol who's going to get get their kicks on I40 fix the roads we got don't build new ones I always say. Who needs to go 70 much any way... Said ppl in the 1950s

As a geographer, I love old highway right of way and classic roadside architecture.  Though some stretches of the Interstate Highway System are notable exceptions, most just distance us from the landscape and communities they pass by at 70 MPH.

AJ

• Like 1

As a geographer, I love old highway right of way and classic roadside architecture.  Though some stretches of the Interstate Highway System are notable exceptions, most just distance us from the landscape and communities they pass by at 70 MPH.

AJ

Oh I agree totally nothing like having some of the greatest views of things like mountains and rivers only to have a view of a big concrete Wall to look at..

Hey Rick welcome to s4gru.. Being from Hagerstown. Originally I get your pain it's rough going home for service... Hell htowns only tower is off Germantown road down by mcyds off 1 and 70. When vzw finally put a tower up near the country club I was able to roam while home.. Was always frustrating visiting lol.

But for raw info to get a better idea of what's going on make a donation whatever you can every bit helps. The access and maps you get is worth it and better than any lying u will get at sprint forums.

Go Tigers... And I can't help it Go Boilermakers lol

Hagerstown is the cellular equivalent of Death Valley.   Thanks for the welcome!  Sprints latest information to me concerning 47374 was that the "installers were finished along the highways and were beginning work in my city."  That actually made no sense as there are only two towers in this area and neither are on the highway...so...ironic considering the posts about interstates and such.  My latest tidbit on my HTC EVO 4G LTE is the signal is bouncing from 0 bars to 5 bars to roaming and to any combination of the above.  I only live 1.5 miles from the nearest tower and can see it out my front window so there is no good reason for the signal to be doing that.

Alas...someday my phone will say 4G.  Someday.  It may also say Verizon....

Hagerstown is the cellular equivalent of Death Valley.   Thanks for the welcome!  Sprints latest information to me concerning 47374 was that the "installers were finished along the highways and were beginning work in my city."  That actually made no sense as there are only two towers in this area and neither are on the highway...so...ironic considering the posts about interstates and such.  My latest tidbit on my HTC EVO 4G LTE is the signal is bouncing from 0 bars to 5 bars to roaming and to any combination of the above.  I only live 1.5 miles from the nearest tower and can see it out my front window so there is no good reason for the signal to be doing that.

Both sites in your area have been upgraded. The wait is on the backhaul: fiber, microwave or otherwise to get the speeds needed for LTE. 

• Like 1

I understand the 4g part i mean its been just relatively recently that here in phx have seen some. so i feel your pain.but thankfully we have been seeing alot of updates now that our back haul vendors are catching up to the contractors doing the work...

As for why you may have bad reception from a tower you have a few things less than obvious could be the problem... signal loss woudnt necessary  be an issue of tower load but slower speeds could be attributed to that fortunately for you most people in eastern indiana are either VZW or ATT. so tower loads are probably not a problem and you should be seeing as NV gets in full swing an even nicer throughput

the biggest thing that addresses signal when you can see the tower is at what angle from a sector are you  Cell towers are not omnidirectional like a radio tower so there is signal loss if you are at a right angle from the panels direction 

But the largest thing to consider especially in a less dense area like Richmond is downtilt of the panels themselves.  they may increase the uptilt of a sector to reach slightly farther or decrease it to get closer to the tower itself so you may be right up on top of the tower and get no signal but people 5 miles away getting 4 bars..  

now sometimes thats by design and sometimes its by bad workmanship from the contractors hired either way putting in a job ticket might fix it for you, also before phoenix started full swing i put in a request for an airwave to help with my signal in my old home it helped for any dropped calls i may have had.  

Both sites in your area have been upgraded. The wait is on the backhaul: fiber, microwave or otherwise to get the speeds needed for LTE. 

i know from experience waiting on Frontier is like watching paint dry... or glass flow...  

Is there any information available when 4G will be available in Richmond, Indiana, 47374?  I can pick it up 15 miles West of us in towns of 20,000 population.  We are a small city of 55,000.   Seems as though we would be on the list.  12 tower upgrades on showing on sprint.com/network for our area.

Any information?

Thanks much.

FYI - They started upgrading the Walmart tower 2 days ago....they craned in the new cabinets, ran new cables to the top, and were installing the new panels.  I spoke to the crew and they said they would be done in 3-4 days. (They are really moving quick on this site).  

The tower down by Glen Miller recently just got everything installed within the past 3-4 weeks, I saw climbers still working on it this past Thursday.

The tower over by Hills Pets has the cabinets just sitting there, not attached.  Fiber has been ran there for Sprint for 2 months, this site will be turned real quick once they get to it.

I am not sure what is happening with the west side tower, I have not made it over there.

We will be seeing some 4G action pretty soon I believe.

• Like 1

Can anyone here, maybe Robert or ?? tell me where we are here in Rochester Michigan (48309) with upgrades?  I've tried reading the other areas but am at a loss as to when things will be improving!  I'm like a kid waiting for a new toy to play with!   :-)

I think a couple of towers are upgraded but am not sure??

Thank you, but I'm not very technical with the upgrade side of things.  It shows 2 of the 4 antennas are 3G/4G?  and 2 other are red 3G??  I really don't know what that means or if backhaul has been completed??  How do I find out about backhaul?   Thank you for your information.  Appreciate it.

Thank you, but I'm not very technical with the upgrade side of things. It shows 2 of the 4 antennas are 3G/4G? and 2 other are red 3G?? I really don't know what that means or if backhaul has been completed?? How do I find out about backhaul? Thank you for your information. Appreciate it.

If it is 3G only, backhaul has not been upgraded, so LTE won't be turned on until it is upgraded. If it is 3G/4G, then backhaul has been upgraded.

-Anthony

• Like 2

Long, long overdue update.

Launched cities:

• Albertville, AL
  • Birmingham, AL
  • Daphne, AL
  • Decatur, AL
  • Florence, AL
  • Gulf Shores, AL
  • Huntsville, AL
  • Muscle Shoals, AL
  • Tuscaloosa, AL
  • Fairhope, AL
  • Muscle Shoals, AL
  • Foley, AL
  • El Dorado, AR
  • Little Rock, AR
  • Mahnolia, AR
  • Searcy, AR
  • North Little Rock, AR
  • San Diego, CA
  • Destin, FL
  • Lake City, FL
  • Marco Island, FL
  • Orlando, FL
  • Panama City, FL
  • Sebastian, FL
  • The Villages, FL
  • Lynn Haven, FL
  • Vero Beach, FL
  • Panama City Beach, FL
  • Albany, GA
  • Augusta, GA
  • Brunswick, GA
  • Columbus, GA
  • Cordele, GA
  • LaGrange, GA
  • Bettendorf, IA
  • Cedar Rapids, IA
  • Davenport, IA
  • Boise, ID
  • Bliss, ID
  • Caldwell, ID
  • Mountain Home, ID
  • Nampa, ID
  • Twin Falls, ID
  • Moline, IL
  • East Moline, IL
  • Ottawa, Illinois
  • Rock Island, IL
  • Michigan City, IN
  • Danville, KY
  • London, KY
  • Louisville, KY
  • Richmond, KY
  • Somerset, KY
  • Berea, KY
  • Abbeville, LA
  • Crowley, LA
  • DeRidder, LA
  • New Iberia, LA
  • Shreveport, LA
  • Bossier City, LA
  • Alma, MI
  • Battle Creek, MI
  • Kalamazoo, MI
  • Ludington, MI
  • Midland, MI
  • Mt. Pleasant, MI
  • Muskegon, MI
  • Taverse City, MI
  • Portage, MI
  • Norton Shores, MI
  • Branson, MO
  • St. Louis, MO
  • Gulfport, MS
  • Starkville, MS
  • Biloxi, MS
  • Pascagoula, MS
  • Hickory, NC
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • Lenoir, NC
  • Lumberton, NC
  • Morganton, NC
  • Roanoke Rapids, NC
  • Rockingham, NC
  • Washintion, NC
  • Fargo, ND
  • Albany, NY
  • Amsterdam, NY
  • Dunkirk, NY
  • Gloversville, NY
  • Jamestown, NY
  • Mina, NY
  • Schenectady, NY
  • Troy, NY
  • Fredonia, NY
  • Clumbiana, OH
  • Salem, OH
  • Bartlesville, OK
  • Clinton, OK
  • Elk City, OK
  • Norman, OK
  • Pauls Valley, OK
  • Sayre, OK
  • Lebanon, OR
  • Clinton, SC
  • Columbia, SC
  • Gaffney, SC
  • Orangeburg, SC
  • Sumter, SC
  • York, SC
  • Cookerville, TN
  • Martin, TN
  • Union City, TN
  • Dumas, TS
  • Alice, TX
  • Andrews, TX
  • Big Spring, TX
  • Carrizo Springs, TX
  • Clarendon, TX
  • El Paso, TX
  • Lubbock, TX
  • Lufkin, TX
  • Plainview, TX
  • Uvalde, TX
  • St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
  • St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
  • Bremerton, WA
  • Pullman, WA
  • Racine, WA
  • Appleton, WI
  • Green Bay, WI
  • Madison, WI
  • Manitowoc, WI
  • Sturgeon Bay, WI

Cities with LTE Available:

• Dothan,  AL
  • Benson,  AZ
  • Buckeye,  AZ
  • Casa Grande,  AZ
  • Coolridge,  AZ
  • Douglas,  AZ
  • Glendale,  AZ
  • Kingman,  AZ
  • Lake Havasu City,  AZ
  • Mesa,  AZ
  • Nogales,  AZ
  • Sierra Vista,  AZ
  • Surprise,  AZ
  • Tuscon,  AZ
  • Warren,  AZ
  • Yuma,  AZ
  • Canaan,  CT
  • Hartford,  CT
  • New London,  CT
  • North Canaan,  CT
  • Norwich,  CT
  • Douglas,  GA
  • Vidalia,  GA
  • Clear Lake,  IA
  • Fort Dodge,  IA
  • Iowa City,  IA
  • Mt. Pleasant,  IA
  • Waterloo,  IA
  • Webster City,  IA
  • Carbondale,  IL
  • Effingham,  IL
  • Peoria,  IL
  • Evansville,  IN
  • Bowling Green,  KY
  • Paduca,  KY
  • Monroe,  LA
  • Natchitoches,  LA
  • Augusta,  ME
  • Dexter,  MO
  • McComb,  MS
  • Oxford,  MS
  • Vicksburg,  MS
  • Concord,  NH
  • Derry,  NH
  • Dover,  NH
  • Manchester,  NH
  • Nashua,  NH
  • Rochester,  NH
  • Binghamton,  NY
  • Olean,  NY
  • Rochester,  NY
  • Utica,  NY
  • Athens,  OH
  • Hamilton,  OH
  • Jackson,  OH
  • Kettering,  OH
  • Marion,  OH
  • Portsmouth,  OH
  • Washington Court House,  OH
  • White House,  OH
  • Cranston,  RI
  • Newport,  RI
  • Providence,  RI
  • Warwick,  RI
  • Florence,  SC
  • Dalhart,  TX
  • Snyder,  TX
  • Sweetwater,  TX
  • Cedar City,  UT
  • Burlington,  VT
  • Rutland,  VT
  • Like 7

Had 4G for a moment in Lockport. Completely unexpected and random. I showed a friend to prove I wasn't going insane. It was gone before I could do a speedtest.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

• Like 1