Current & Coming Soon Sprint Communities - LTE Status

Dkoellerwx

I'm not convinced that Newark, NJ, Paterson, NJ LTE is available. I work in Newark and I drive through a highway that puts me through Paterson or "close enough" at times and I'm not getting a reliable LTE data signal. I think it's probably more in a testing phase right now and not formally deployed.

Part of the reason for that marker is also the TD-LTE rollout, which you will not be able to see with your iPhone since it is not a Tri-Band device. 

So I'm looking at buying an iPhone 5S but it doesn't support TD-LTE in the 2.5 GHz spectrum, band 41. The above map shows that the LTE towers going live in Utah are all TD-LTE. Does this mean that I won't be able to get LTE in my iPhone 5S in this area?

your iphone 5S will support LTE on the 800MHz spectrum, but i have no idea when utah will See LTE on that spectrum.

Ok cool. I was just meaning 800 for 3G. iPhone 5 doesn't support 800 lte

I didn't look at what phone u have, sorry about that. 3g evdo is staying on 1900 and 800 will have 1x advance(voice only) Then 5x5 mhz for lte besides the southeast where southern linc is.

Just got off the phone with sprint technical support and they told me that there is towers that should be accept soon. and central illinois market will luanch on November 27th.

I was told a few weeks ago Peoria area would be live by November 27th too

The following communities have been marked with TD-LTE. I want to be clear on what this means. It means that these cities are part of Clearwire's initial TD-LTE rollout, and is expected to be complete by the end of the year, and there is a high likelihood of finding TD-LTE active in these areas right now.

• Glendale, CA
  • Long Beach, CA
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Redwood City, CA
  • Sacramento, CA
  • San Francisco, CA
  • San Mateo, CA
  • Denver, CO
  • Washington, D.C., DC
  • Wilminton, DE
  • Boynton Beach, FL
  • Clearwater, FL
  • Deerfield Beach, FL
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Kendall, FL
  • Miami, FL
  • Miami Beach, FL
  • Orlando, FL
  • Pompano Beach, FL
  • St. Petersburg, FL
  • Tampa, FL
  • West Palm Beach, FL
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Chicago, IL
  • Joliet, IL
  • Naperville, IL
  • Kansas City, KS
  • Baltimore, MD
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • St. Paul, MN
  • Kansas City, MO
  • Saint Louis, MO
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Greensboro, NC
  • Raleigh, NC
  • Newark, NJ
  • Trenton, NJ
  • Bronx, NY
  • Brooklyn, NY
  • Manhattan, NY
  • New York City, NY
  • Queens, NY
  • Staten Island, NY
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Columbus, OH
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • Nashville, TN
  • Austin, TX
  • Dallas, TX
  • Fort Worth, TX
  • Houston, TX
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Salt Lake City, UT
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Arlington, VA
  • Richmond, VA
  • Kitsap, WA
  • Seattle, WA
  • Snohomish, WA
  • Tacoma, WA
  • Like 10

What is this application that you're using? This looks pretty useful!

This is too funny. As fate would have it, someone flipped the switch. My backyard gets an LTE signal and the front of the house is 3G.

At least it shows progress.

[clip]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To start off with I just want to say the work you're doing is awesome!  Apparently you have some very good resources.  Thank you for sharing.  Now for some questions, The pins you have in Utah that indicate LTE is available does that information come from apps like sensorly?  If that's the case then it stands to reason that those sites are all 1900 MHz or PCS LTE right?  Currently are no phones that support the 2.5GHz band correct?  Is there any way to know which LTE bands your phone is connected to?  Where did you get the list for TD-LTE?  Is the TD-LTE rollout anymore detailed than the PCS LTE rollout?  I live in Utah and with the G2 and Nexus 5 on the horizon this opens up a lot of exciting possibilities.  Hopefully the wait is almost over for us.  

To start off with I just want to say the work you're doing is awesome! Apparently you have some very good resources. Thank you for sharing. Now for some questions, The pins you have in Utah that indicate LTE is available does that information come from apps like sensorly? If that's the case then it stands to reason that those sites are all 1900 MHz or PCS LTE right? Currently are no phones that support the 2.5GHz band correct? Is there any way to know which LTE bands your phone is connected to? Where did you get the list for TD-LTE? Is the TD-LTE rollout anymore detailed than the PCS LTE rollout? I live in Utah and with the G2 and Nexus 5 on the horizon this opens up a lot of exciting possibilities. Hopefully the wait is almost over for us.

It's been a very long day or I'd get to your questions. Traveling right now! Just wanted to let you know I saw you're post.

If you check out the Utah thread, I made a post on Friday I believe it was that should answer at least a few of your questions.

Sent from my HTC ONE

• Like 2

To start off with I just want to say the work you're doing is awesome!  Apparently you have some very good resources.  Thank you for sharing.  Now for some questions, The pins you have in Utah that indicate LTE is available does that information come from apps like sensorly?  If that's the case then it stands to reason that those sites are all 1900 MHz or PCS LTE right?  Currently are no phones that support the 2.5GHz band correct?  Is there any way to know which LTE bands your phone is connected to?  Where did you get the list for TD-LTE?  Is the TD-LTE rollout anymore detailed than the PCS LTE rollout?  I live in Utah and with the G2 and Nexus 5 on the horizon this opens up a lot of exciting possibilities.  Hopefully the wait is almost over for us.  

this explains alot. our admins are smart.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/969-network-visionlte-utah-market-salt-lake-cityogdenprovost-georgecedar-city/page-40

It's been a very long day or I'd get to your questions. Traveling right now! Just wanted to let you know I saw you're post.

If you check out the Utah thread, I made a post on Friday I believe it was that should answer at least a few of your questions.

Sent from my HTC ONE

basically... the pins are confirm LTE but not launched officailly by sprint. no current phones support TD-LTE but they are coming soon with the G2 and nexus 5! my understanding is TD-LTE may be live in UTAH but i dont think anyone on here has confirmed that. PCS 1900 LTE is live in Salt Lake but is very limited. consider becoming a sponsor, we do have maps that show current LTE live sites and more to come!

• Like 2

Yeah I feel kind of dumb because when I first found this site I thought all it had to offer was the articles on "the wall."  I didn't see that it had forums until today when I was directed to them.  They are awesome!  I have an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket right that I almost spent on the Moto X and would have if it had been tri-band.  So glad I didn't especially with the realization that the footprint for TD-LTE could be significant here in Utah.  At least more significant than the PCS-LTE :).  I think all my questions are answered for now.  I'll have to look into becoming a sponsor! 

• Like 1

Yeah I feel kind of dumb because when I first found this site I thought all it had to offer was the articles on "the wall."  I didn't see that it had forums until today when I was directed to them.  They are awesome!  I have an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket right that I almost spent on the Moto X and would have if it had been tri-band.  So glad I didn't especially with the realization that the footprint for TD-LTE could be significant here in Utah.  At least more significant than the PCS-LTE :).  I think all my questions are answered for now.  I'll have to look into becoming a sponsor! 

i wish the moto X was triband... i say wait for the G2, i have heard great things about it! and hey, you will be able to confirm of LTE on the 2.6Ghz side is active!

• Like 1

i wish the moto X was triband... i say wait for the G2, i have heard great things about it! and hey, you will be able to confirm of LTE on the 2.6Ghz side is active!

Right now the G2 is the phone of choice for me,  I'm also kind of excited for that case they're giving away to pre-orders.  Although I'm anxious to see if the Nexus 5 has the mems camera they're talking about 

http://phandroid.com/2013/10/02/nexus-5-mems-camera/ that would be pretty sweet.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

More results from around Pittsburgh pa. Still very poor. This time I was at Robinson town center and used signal check to see LTE signal strength.

Speed results were 1.5mbit down and 2.7 up

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2 now Free

Please use the Pittsburgh thread.

Any area that is marked with an "LTE Available" pin is an area where Sensorly AND our sources confirm at least one Sprint site is live with LTE - OR - it is an area that our Clear source indicates has TD-LTE online.

There are no smartphones that support TD-LTE. There are hotspots that support TD-LTE and SMR LTE, and Robert has used one to confirm TD-LTE in Denver. The iPhone is SMR LTE capable, and more Tri-Band devices will be coming on the market this fall.

We don't know for sure, as there are currently no Tri-Band phones on the market, but it should be possible to look at the devices engineering screen to determine what band of LTE and/or 1xRTT you are on.

We do have pretty detailed information on the TD-LTE rollout, and I can tell you that a good part of SLC should be seeing TD-LTE active now, or soon. And the entire WiMax footprint will be converted by next Sprint. The site specific information is within our Premiere Sponsor section.

• Like 2