Current & Coming Soon Sprint Communities - LTE Status

Dkoellerwx

Some cities that will be seeing their official launch:
Colorado Springs - CO,
Yuma - AZ,
Salt Lake City - UT,
Reno/Sparks - NV,
McAllen -TX, and more. We'll get the full list when they issue the press release.

I tried to determine new cities with the coverage map, but there's just so much orange now! I suppose that's a good problem to have.... :D

• Like 7

With today's press release, here's the latest launch list:

• Mobile, AL
  • Fayetteville, AR
  • Springdale, AR
  • Rogers, AR
  • Yuma, AZ
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Idaho Falls, ID
  • Jackson, IL
  • Evansville, IN
  • Glasgow, KY
  • Owensboro, KY
  • Paducah, KY
  • Monroe, LA
  • Midland, MI
  • Owosso, MI
  • Cape Girardeau, MO
  • Jackson, MS
  • Concord, NH
  • Laconia, NH
  • Rockingham County, NH
  • Strafford County, NH
  • Camden, NJ
  • Carson City, NV
  • Reno, NV
  • Sparks, NV
  • Hudson, NY
  • Olean, NY
  • Greenville, OH
  • Marion, OH
  • New Philadelphia, OH
  • Dover, OH
  • Marietta, OH
  • Springfield, OH
  • Eugene, OR
  • Springfield, OR
  • New Castle, PA
  • Providence, RI
  • Anderson, SC
  • Georgetown, SC
  • Hilton Head Island, SC
  • Beaufort, SC
  • Spartanburg, SC
  • McAllen, TX
  • Edinburg, TX
  • Mission, TX
  • Salt Lake City, UT
  • Tacoma, WA
  • Olympia, WA
  • Milwaukee, WI
  • Waukesha, WI
  • West Allis, WI
  • Parkersburg, WV
  • Vienna, WV
  • Point Pleasant, WV

Maps will be updated later today.

• Like 5

With today's press release, here's the latest launch list:

• Mobile, AL
  • Fayetteville, AR
  • Springdale, AR
  • Rogers, AR
  • Yuma, AZ
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Idaho Falls, ID
  • Jackson, IL
  • Evansville, IN
  • Glasgow, KY
  • Owensboro, KY
  • Paducah, KY
  • Monroe, LA
  • Midland, MI
  • Owosso, MI
  • Cape Girardeau, MO
  • Jackson, MS
  • Concord, NH
  • Laconia, NH
  • Rockingham County, NH
  • Strafford County, NH
  • Camden, NJ
  • Carson City, NV
  • Reno, NV
  • Sparks, NV
  • Hudson, NY
  • Olean, NY
  • Greenville, OH
  • Marion, OH
  • New Philadelphia, OH
  • Dover, OH
  • Marietta, OH
  • Springfield, OH
  • Eugene, OR
  • Springfield, OR
  • New Castle, PA
  • Providence, RI
  • Anderson, SC
  • Georgetown, SC
  • Hilton Head Island, SC
  • Beaufort, SC
  • Spartanburg, SC
  • McAllen, TX
  • Edinburg, TX
  • Mission, TX
  • Salt Lake City, UT
  • Tacoma, WA
  • Olympia, WA
  • Milwaukee, WI
  • Waukesha, WI
  • West Allis, WI
  • Parkersburg, WV
  • Vienna, WV
  • Point Pleasant, WV

Maps will be updated later today.

seems Odd that no CT mentions yet many towns have been lit up since July? 

seems Odd that no CT mentions yet many towns have been lit up since July? 

Yeah, not sure about that. Perhaps they haven't reached the 40% pops coverage required, or some other limitation. One of the requirements is that the city center is covered before they launch.

The amount of Orange coverage around New Haven did increase, but there's no mention of that in the press release.

I am surprised Gatlinburg and eastern Tennessee are not included this time.

Not "as far as Gatlinburg."  I guess it must be the "Smoky Mountain Rain" slowing progress...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t53WonTzNvQ

AJ

• Like 1

I am surprised Gatlinburg and eastern Tennessee are not included this time.

Since this is a switch to Ericsson equipment from another vendor, it suffers CSFB issues.  Sprint says they will not launch markets officially until CSFB upgrades are complete in that market.

Robert

• Like 3

why is there a T-mobile ad on the map on the 1st page???  :hee:  :hee:  :hee:

And while i am happy to see Utah "announced" ... I still find it silly, when they have left the other half (north) out in the cold until Feb...or so I have heard till then...

Thats kind of a big hole they left

why is there a T-mobile ad on the map on the 1st page???  :hee:  :hee:  :hee:

And while i am happy to see Utah "announced" ... I still find it silly, when they have left the other half (north) out in the cold until Feb...or so I have heard till then...

Thats kind of a big hole they left

There's ads????

I guess I never noticed. I use an Ad Blocker in Chrome so I sometimes miss those kinds of things.

I see Hilton Head and Beaufort SC have been launched. Awesome. Eat your heart out Tmo, Sprint beat you again! We already have purple on sensorly, nice to get the official launch.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Nice! Happy to see Salt Lake City is officially launched! Thanks. For the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would still love to know when they well get around to turning it on in the northern half of the wasatch front...

Would still love to know when they well get around to turning it on in the northern half of the wasatch front...

The equipment is all there. Soon for sure but not sure when exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bakersfield is pretty much done with the exceptions of the corners.  Kind of a bummer since thats where all the new housing is built.  Really leaves a lot of gaps unless you are next to the freeways.  No progress in the last couple of weeks.  It was moving strong until they decided to quit upgrading the surrounding areas.

Bakersfield is pretty much done with the exceptions of the corners.  Kind of a bummer since thats where all the new housing is built.  Really leaves a lot of gaps unless you are next to the freeways.  No progress in the last couple of weeks.  It was moving strong until they decided to quit upgrading the surrounding areas.

Every site has been upgraded.

The ones without LTE are waiting on backhaul, and it's anyone's guess when that might arrive. Backhaul companies have been slow delivering, and there's not a lot Sprint can do about that.

Really a bummer. The towers in the southwest are pretty new towers. Hopefully they will get it together and fill the gaps.

They've got it together. If you want to complain to someone, complain to the local ISP contracted to bring in the high speed connection. They're the one's holding Sprint up at this point.

• Like 2