LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I'll still get the G2 if only for the better radios.  I haven't had anything resembling 4G (WiMAX or LTE) for the last 5 years, so I'm resigned that slow 3G is all I'll see

The next week will start dragging like crazy as the G2 date approaches.  Has anyone heard any different dates for Best Buy getting in their allotment of G2's?  I pre-ordered at a BB store a little over a week ago so expect it to arrive there.  Just wondering if anyone has heard if they are getting them in on 11/8 as well?  

So...who's canceling their orders for the LG G2 now on the Tri-Band news? I'm not...Cause I'm not in a market that will have "Spark" capabilities yet...and by the time they enable it, it probably still won't be out....No Rush....I am in between Tampa and Miami, but I've only been to each twice since I've been here and it's been months...

How about you guys?

I don't think it will matter if you're in a "Spark Market" as far as picking up more than band 25. Perhaps the more tech savvy people can comment, but if the 4G signal on the other bands is there, a tri-band phone should pick it up (after the phone updates come). For example where I'm at in Cleveland, wimax market, I assume the phone will pick up the 2500 signal even though its not a "Spark Market"

Edited by rajamahal

I don't think it will matter if you're in a "Spark Market" as far as picking up more than band 25. Perhaps the more tech savvy people can comment, but if the 4G signal on the other bands is there, a tri-band phone should pick it up (after the phone updates come). For example where I'm at in Cleveland, wimax market, I assume the phone will pick up the 2500 signal even though its not a "Spark Market"

You may not have TD-LTE in you area for a while, but you will have SMR LTE (800MHz). So it still pays to have a tri-band device. And if you travel to any larger cities, they are likely to have TD-LTE sooner than later.

seems like td lte integration is going to take a long time if the 3 year time span is true and that's just to get it in the top 100 markets. 

I'm moving to tampa sometime next year thank goodness and I will literally refuse to live anywhere not within a mile of a Sprint tower lol

seems like td lte integration is going to take a long time if the 3 year time span is true and that's just to get it in the top 100 markets.

No. It's 100 launched cities by the end of 2014. There will be numerous cities and areas with TD lte active but not launched.

Sent from my SPH-D710

• Like 1

The current WiMax markets will be completed by next Sprint. But to fill out the other cities, it's basically building another network, so it's understandable it would take some time. Seems a little longer than I was expecting though. 

The current WiMax markets will be completed by next Sprint. But to fill out the other cities, it's basically building another network, so it's understandable it would take some time. Seems a little longer than I was expecting though.

Not really. It's an overlay over existing sites that already have structurral engineering complete. Much faster and less problems with permitting than fully replacing everything with new equipment.

Sent from my SPH-D710

No. It's 100 launched cities by the end of 2014. There will be numerous cities and areas with TD lte active but not launched.

Sent from my SPH-D710

So it's pretty much going to mirror the NV roll-out.....Sites here and there "active" before official "Launch"....

Not really. It's an overlay over existing sites that already have structurral engineering complete. Much faster and less problems with permitting than fully replacing everything with new equipment.

Sent from my SPH-D710

I completely understand. Buy you're still building another network. It takes time. 3 years is longer than I expected. I also understand what the 100 cities comment means. 

Engadget says the LG G2 update won't happen until early 2014 and "shortly after launch" for the Samsung devices....bah hum bug

Well Engadget was just summing up Sprint's press-release. So it's not just scuttlebutt, but Sprint's official announcment.

Edited by WhiteZero

It just seems to me that this may also be a way of communicating the not so good news as it sounds like the NV updates are no longer going to be almost completed even by late 2014 (limited to some cities) and may take years longer even. I know the ntwk is changing but believe many expected the "Spark" updates to be almost completed by end of 2014.  I could be wrong but it sort of appears they have used this great communication and marketing push (finally!!!) to also send out the later than hoped delivery dates for the overall NV vision.  .  Oh well, as long as they continue to work on it I am still all in....   

Edited by audiomusiclover

It just seems to me that this may also be a way of communicating the not so good news as it sounds like the NV updates are no longer going to happen even by late 2014 (limited to some cities) and may take years longer even. I know the ntwk is changing but believe many expected the "Spark" updates to be almost completed by end of 2014. I could be wrong but it sort of appears they have used this great communication and marketing push (finally!!!) to also send out the later than hoped delivery dates for the overall NV vision. Maybe I am wrong but it just appears that Sprint used this very positive news to also sprinkle in the overall NV network slippage news as well. Oh well, as long as they continue to work on it I am still all in....

Network Vision is already 68% complete. Network Vision is the upgrading the equipment at each site to NV standards. This is NV1.0. This will complete in roughly 9 months. And LTE 1900 (Band 25) will be added to each NV1.0 site when the appropriate backhaul is ready.

NV2.0 is adding Band 26 (LTE 800) and Band 41 (TD-LTE 2600) to every NV site. That work is just now starting for Band 26, and will not start for Band 41 until next year. So these new Bands are not slippage, they are just another phase to NV that brings even more to the network. NV2.0 is separate and added later to the plan. It's not a failure.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 6

Network Vision is already 68% complete. Network Vision is the upgrading the equipment at each site to NV standards. This is NV1.0. This will complete in roughly 9 months. And LTE 1900 (Band 25) will be added to each NV1.0 site when the appropriate backhaul is ready.

NV2.0 is adding Band 26 (LTE 800) and Band 41 (TD-LTE 2600) to every NV site. That work is just now starting for Band 26, and will not start for Band 41 until next year. So these new Bands are not slippage, they are just another phase to NV that brings even more to the network. NV2.0 is separate and added later to the plan. It's not a failure.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

you-just-got-served-get-used-to-it-thumb

HAHA

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification on NV1.0 vs 2.0  That makes sense.  Here's hoping that the 800mhz band is not delayed as much as the 2.5ghz band overall. 

Neither one is delayed. 

If anything, 25/2600 LTE is ahead of 800 seeing as it's already deployed in many of the current WiMax markets.