LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Network Vision is already 68% complete. Network Vision is the upgrading the equipment at each site to NV standards. This is NV1.0. This will complete in roughly 9 months. And LTE 1900 (Band 25) will be added to each NV1.0 site when the appropriate backhaul is ready.

How much trouble are the backhaul providers causing?  I see that many site near me have been upgraded, but the backhaul hasn't been installed.  We have nice new shiny equipment and the same less than desirable speeds.

How much trouble are the backhaul providers causing? I see that many site near me have been upgraded, but the backhaul hasn't been installed. We have nice new shiny equipment and the same less than desirable speeds.

Backhaul is a site by site issue. Extremely variable. The ones already live are the easier ones.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

So...who's canceling their orders for the LG G2 now on the Tri-Band news? I'm not...Cause I'm not in a market that will have "Spark" capabilities yet...and by the time they enable it, it probably still won't be out....No Rush....I am in between Tampa and Miami, but I've only been to each twice since I've been here and it's been months...

How about you guys?

I pretty glad I opted to stop waiting for triband and did an update in September.

Would have been livid if I had waited for Nov 8 and then be told tow ait a few more months!

• Like 1

Network Vision is already 68% complete. Network Vision is the upgrading the equipment at each site to NV standards. This is NV1.0. This will complete in roughly 9 months. And LTE 1900 (Band 25) will be added to each NV1.0 site when the appropriate backhaul is ready.

NV2.0 is adding Band 26 (LTE 800) and Band 41 (TD-LTE 2600) to every NV site. That work is just now starting for Band 26, and will not start for Band 41 until next year. So these new Bands are not slippage, they are just another phase to NV that brings even more to the network. NV2.0 is separate and added later to the plan. It's not a failure.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

It would be seriously awesome if you put this on the homepage or something. At the very least, a wall article explaining the relationship between NV and Spark would do a ton to keep these questions from being asked over and over.

It's risky AND Sprint will wash their hands of any responsibility for sure.

Sent from my d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4

What responsibility? If the original owner didn't call in to report it lost/stolen, there is no way for Sprint to know that it was lost or stolen at the time of activation.

If the person calls in a few days later, it will be flagged. If it was the previous owner of the phone, they are believed instead of the "newer" activation, there is just too much fraud in the industry to have it any other way.

Has anyone been able to put a tmobile or At&t sim card in the sprint variant of the LG G2, change the apn and successfully connect to there hspa+ networks like the Verizon variant can or has no one tried yet?

Gotta sim unlock it first. They don't come sim unlocked you know....

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Call sprint and hope they know how to do it..... It took months for the HTC One and gs4 to get unlocked properly. Also you can't be on a spending limit and it's some other bull they require.

My spending limit ended years ago. I will check. Thanks

Call sprint and hope they know how to do it..... It took months for the HTC One and gs4 to get unlocked properly. Also you can't be on a spending limit and it's some other bull they require.

I say this though because the Verizon variant came SIM unlocked out of the box.

Well that's BS. It would probably help there network knowing that everyone deosnt have to be on it and wait for network vision to complete.

Maybe that's how Verizon does but sprint locks the sim.

I know this is late, but I barely had time to see this:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/first-sprint-tri-band-capable-smartphones-arrive-on-nov-8.htm

Haha! I was right then I said they should make a press release for these Triband phones. I would quote myself from the other G2 thread, but that's all I want to say... lol. December 1st can't come any sooner for my upgrade date.  :tu:

Seems to be a hassle to get your SIM unlocked. I just called and got transferred 3 times. They don't even know what SIM unlock means and this is tech support lol

You have to talk to someone in international services. And I wouldn't even try right now, the device isn't even released yet and every device seems to have their own unlock method.

Word

You have to talk to someone in international services. And I wouldn't even try right now, the device isn't even released yet and every device seems to have their own unlock method.

Cringing after reading the comments on this. Good article though.

Yep, I read the article and comments (and several similar) and I ask myself, "Why am I signing up for this?"

I was tsk-tsked when I joked that the "Sprint's first tri-band phone" G2 thread might need to be renamed. Well, as it turns out... When will the punkin' of g2 users end? I may turn and run while I still can.