LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Since I'm so new to the ZVD radio has anybody witness the HD logo? I see my phone saying that it is attempting but never connects.

I have before, but it doesn't happen all that often.  But you can certainly hear when you are on a HD call.

Have you received the OTA yet?

Yes, I'm on ZVE and have rooted with stump. I use the xposed module to replace the menu soft key with app switcher. I confirmed earlier the baseband remained the same although the BSRtimer issue appears to have been fixed.

Yeah, I hope that does get resolved with the ZVE update. When I experience the issue with all my phones, I have a great signal, so for me at least, it must be the network.

I get HD voice everything I talk to my wife, she is also on a G2. No one else I call is on Sprint. HD voice will only work

1. When calling another sprint subscriber.

2. When both users have a HD voice capable phones.

3. When both users are connected to network vision towers.

Edit, I've not experienced the low volume issue personally but I don't talk on the phone all that often.

Edited by dleewee

Yes, I'm on ZVE and have rooted with stump. I use the xposed module to replace the menu soft key with app switcher. I confirmed earlier the baseband remained the same although the BSRtimer issue appears to have been fixed.

I get HD voice everything I talk to my wife, she is also on a G2. No one else I call is on Sprint. HD voice will only work

1. When calling another sprint subscriber.

2. When both users have a HD voice capable phones.

3. When both users are connected to network vision towers.

Edit, I've not experienced the low volume issue personally but I don't talk on the phone all that often.

I've experience it HD calls prior to getting the ZVD but haven't seen it since getting the update last week. And I know for sure I've met the criteria seeing as my wife has the S4T and her work tower is NV complete. It shouldn't matter that I'm on 1x800 when calling should it?

I've experience it HD calls prior to getting the ZVD but haven't seen it since getting the update last week. And I know for sure I've met the criteria seeing as my wife has the S4T and her work tower is NV complete. It shouldn't matter that I'm on 1x800 when calling should it?

I definitely had lots of HD calls on ZVD. Although I just took ZVE yesterday so I can't say much about it yet. I don't know about your 1x800 question unfortunately.

I don't think it matters at all.  My phone usually camps out on 1xRTT since I am very close to the NV tower.  My girlfriend's S4T is on 1x800 and we have successfully had HD calls - only once in a blue moon though...

We both meet all the criteria that dleewee described above, but rarely experience HD voice.  I'm not sure why. 

I don't know what exactly decides when you get HD.  We both live very close to NV towers, so signal should not be an issue. 

I definitely had lots of HD calls on ZVD. Although I just took ZVE yesterday so I can't say much about it yet. I don't know about your 1x800 question unfortunately.

I don't think it matters at all. My phone usually camps out on 1xRTT since I am very close to the NV tower. My girlfriend's S4T is on 1x800 and we have successfully had HD calls - only once in a blue moon though...

We both meet all the criteria that dleewee described above, but rarely experience HD voice. I'm not sure why.

I don't know what exactly decides when you get HD. We both live very close to NV towers, so signal should not be an issue.

Not sure if you guys knew it or not but you can see if your previous calls were HD or not by looking at the call history. It may not matter but I figured I'd bring it up as you could have been on HD and just didn't realize it. [emoji106]
  • Like 1

I don't think it matters at all.  My phone usually camps out on 1xRTT since I am very close to the NV tower.  My girlfriend's S4T is on 1x800 and we have successfully had HD calls - only once in a blue moon though...

We both meet all the criteria that dleewee described above, but rarely experience HD voice.  I'm not sure why. 

I don't know what exactly decides when you get HD.  We both live very close to NV towers, so signal should not be an issue. 

Only reason I'm on 1x800 is due to be on B26. Prior to B26 going live on this tower and me taking the ZVD update I experienced HD. Ah well.

I don't think it matters at all. My phone usually camps out on 1xRTT since I am very close to the NV tower. My girlfriend's S4T is on 1x800 and we have successfully had HD calls - only once in a blue moon though...

We both meet all the criteria that dleewee described above, but rarely experience HD voice. I'm not sure why.

I don't know what exactly decides when you get HD. We both live very close to NV towers, so signal should not be an issue.

Maybe I always get HD is because it's between two G2's. It's possible the ZVE update will give improved consistency as it was listed in the upgrade notes I believe.

Maybe I always get HD is because it's between two G2's. It's possible the ZVE update will give improved consistency as it was listed in the upgrade notes I believe.

Doubt because of two G2s. My cousin has one also and still nothing

Just got my third G2 from Sprint (original purchase and now two refurbed phones).  I am finally suffering through trying to get my MSL as my phone and the first refurbed phone had ZVA or older so I could use the dialer code.  The latest one came with ZVD, but hopefully the GPS works and it doesn't freeze...

Just got my third G2 from Sprint (original purchase and now two refurbed phones). I am finally suffering through trying to get my MSL as my phone and the first refurbed phone had ZVA or older so I could use the dialer code. The latest one came with ZVD, but hopefully the GPS works and it doesn't freeze...

See if you can use the bsrtimer issue to get them to give it you

See if you can use the bsrtimer issue to get them to give it you

Just got my third G2 from Sprint (original purchase and now two refurbed phones).  I am finally suffering through trying to get my MSL as my phone and the first refurbed phone had ZVA or older so I could use the dialer code.  The latest one came with ZVD, but hopefully the GPS works and it doesn't freeze...

Good call.  I can't run back into the store until tomorrow, so maybe online chat will help me out....

Has anyone has problems with their alarm not going off? I don't use it too often but today noticed it never went off..

Try disabling the "ok Google" voice detection from any screen setting in Google now. When I did this my stock G2 alarm started working again. Since then I installed "KitKat Clock" from the play store and reactivated voice detection.