LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Hello y'all i now have the update here in Houston mainly because i forced it ..I went to settings- apps- then all found the Google service frameworks pushed it then cleared the data ....went back to update page it had a weird date from like 1970 pushed update and bam i got the update...and yes i tried several times the normal way before hand for days now...Anyhow if you havent received the update try that ...????

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Hello y'all i now have the update here in Houston mainly because i forced it ..I went to settings- apps- then all found the Google service frameworks pushed it then cleared the data ....went back to update page it had a weird date from like 1970 pushed update and bam i got the update...and yes i tried several times the normal way before hand for days now...Anyhow if you havent received the update try that ...????

Careful. I learned the hard way with trying that method. It completely disabled all push notifications on my phone. I had to backup and factory reset.

Hello y'all i now have the update here in Houston mainly because i forced it ..I went to settings- apps- then all found the Google service frameworks pushed it then cleared the data ....went back to update page it had a weird date from like 1970 pushed update and bam i got the update...and yes i tried several times the normal way before hand for days now...Anyhow if you havent received the update try that ...

I wouldn't recommend to people to do this if they don't have the update yet....this has been discussed, actually in this thread, and in a couple other places, that a Google engineer listed why you shouldn't do this and it can actually make the waiting for update push even longer. And like posted, it can also cause some serious, irreversible problems that only a factory reset will cure.

I decided to use my MSL and enable the bands manually...but I left the proirity where it was. I'll wait and see if others had this, and what they did to theirs if the update didn't enable the other two bands before I mess with anything else.

*edit*

checked on the DATA>LTE>Band Priority and without me doing anything, I have:

Band 25: 1

Band: 26: 2

Band: 41: 3

• Like 1

What are we doing about the update not enabling the other two bands? Checked mine and 41, 26 are still disabled. Restarted again and still not enabled....

I ran into the same issue.  I manually enabled the other two bands now the priorities are all "1".  I can't remember how to change them so it should searches band 41 - 25 - 26.

I decided to use my MSL and enable the bands manually...but I left the proirity where it was. I'll wait and see if others had this, and what they did to theirs if the update didn't enable the other two bands before I mess with anything else.

*edit*

checked on the DATA>LTE>Band Priority and without me doing anything, I have:

Band: 26: 2

Band: 41: 3

How do you check bands......the steps you stated I don't see on the G2

I ran into the same issue.  I manually enabled the other two bands now the priorities are all "1".  I can't remember how to change them so it should searches band 41 - 25 - 26.

How is it changed or how did you check on the bands on the G2???

Had my update waiting for me this AM also.

Guess the servers must have heard us bitching.

Priorities set correctly.

My launcher (Nova) allows me to hide the notification bar so the spinning icon does not bother me. 

I noticed the Sprint Spark splash screen when booting up now.

Now, we wait for KitKat. Latest rumor is March.

Mav.  :ninja:

I just got the update and my other bands were still disabled as well. I restarted twice, did a profile and prl update but they remained disabled. I enabled them manually but wonder why the Spark update failed to enable them.

Edit: I noticed that no matter how you set the priority, it always seems to default back to 25>26>41. I set it twice to band 41 first but it doesn't seem to like that.

I just got the update and my other bands are still disabled as well. I restarted twice, did a profile and prl update but they remained disabled. I enabled them manually but wonder why the Spark update failed to enable them.

Me too.  I am just restarting again and still 

Band 25: 1

Band: 26: 2

Band: 41: 3

I've messed with the band priorities for a good hour once, and here's what I found: 25-0/26-0/41-1 results in a priority of 41,25,26. 25-0/26-1/41-1 results in 26,41,25. All 1's results in 25,26,41. I don't think 41,26,25 is possible.

• Like 2

HA...but signal bars always existed though. Ehh...i guess to each their own. You mind as well not even have the clock on there and keep nothing at the top. Not really sure what the difference is between the Spark icon, LTE and signal bars vs. 4G icon, data arrows and signal bars. The data arrows were its own icon in the ZV7 and ZV8 firmware if you didn't know that.

Right. But they were on top of the 4g lte icon. Not next to it taking up more space.

It's not why I don't use it. I just haven't found a want or a need to switch back. Lol. But I'll stop cluttering up the thread.

I've messed with the band priorities for a good hour one, and here's what I found: 25-0/26-0/42-1 results in a priority of 41,25,26. 25-0/26-1/41-1 results in 26,41,25. All 1's results in 25,26,41. I don't think 41,26,25 is possible.

Thanks for the update.  What is the BSR timer and what should the "ideal value" be?

Thanks for the update.  What is the BSR timer and what should the "ideal value" be?

BSR = Better Service Reselection.  I'm not sure if it applies in the LTE world, but in CDMA only its the timer that kicks in when your device is not on the highest priority in your geographic area.  In other words, its how aggressive the device is to search for Sprint signal when roaming.

From the picture before the update it looked liked you were rooted. So were you rooted when you update and did you encounter any issues if you were?

Nope, never rooted my G2...... :welc2: 

No issues to report. :coffee:

Edited by Maverick

After installing the update, the other two bands were initially disabled on my phone.  I did a PRL followed by profile update, checked again, and all 3 bands were enabled.  No reboot required.

Priorities are:

Band 26: 2

Band 41: 3

Just tried manual update and I'm installing it now.  

Funny how everyone is getting it today.  I'm guessing it was a problem with the mechanism they use to push out the update.

Not everybody. Mine still just says "no firmware update available".