LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

me too! white 32gb standard shipping, delivery due tuesday, but is already in stl earth city, arggggh

edit, lol just realized this is g2 thread..

I saw just the beginning of your post on tapatalk and I got excited and then cried when I entered the thread.
  • Like 1

Hey!

I just wanted you to know...

My Nexus 5 shipped!!!

:rofl:

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Hi Robert,

Is there any difference between the Nexus 5 (other than you can get a 32 GB version) that Google Play sells vs the Nexus 5 that Sprint is pre-ordering now on their web site?  Are they the exact same phone?

I'm a little frightened of the LG G2 at this point after all the issues Koiulpoi had with his!  I saw a "Bust Buy" review from a person who had a Verizon version of the LG G2 with similar issues to Koiulpoi's. 

Thanks

Hi Robert,

Is there any difference between the Nexus 5 (other than you can get a 32 GB version) that Google Play sells vs the Nexus 5 that Sprint is pre-ordering now on their web site? Are they the exact same phone?

I'm a little frightened of the LG G2 at this point after all the issues Koiulpoi had with his! I saw a "Bust Buy" review from a person who had a Verizon version of the LG G2 with similar issues to Koiulpoi's.

Thanks

No difference. Google/LG is making one model for the American market, in 16/32GB, white or black. Whether sold by AT&T, Tmo, Sprint, Best Buy, Google, they are all the same. It's the first unlocked CDMA/GSM device that runs on all networks (except VZW) ever sold in the US.

• Like 1

No difference. Google/LG is making one model for the American market, in 16/32GB, white or black. Whether sold by AT&T, Tmo, Sprint, Best Buy, Google, they are all the same. It's the first unlocked CDMA/GSM device that runs on all networks (except VZW) ever sold in the US.

Thanks very much for a replay Robert!  I appreciate it. 

I didn't want to take this thread off track by speaking about the Nexus 5, but I just wanted to make sure that it would work with Sprint's Tri Band as it is deployed. 

I'm going to hold off a little bit longet so I can see how the LG G2 performs for all who own them after the official release date on the 8th.  Then it'll be decision time. 

Thanks

Hey!

I just wanted you to know...

My Nexus 5 shipped!!!

:rofl:

Ah, but the tables will turn next week when all 6 people who ordered the G2 get their in-stock confirmations!
  • Like 1

Thanks very much for a replay Robert! I appreciate it.

I didn't want to take this thread off track by speaking about the Nexus 5, but I just wanted to make sure that it would work with Sprint's Tri Band as it is deployed.

I'm going to hold off a little bit longet so I can see how the LG G2 performs for all who own them after the official release date on the 8th. Then it'll be decision time.

Thanks

The G2 and N5 will get an update in early 2014 that will enable Band 41 LTE.

Another Sprint employee from Android Central states that 4G connection drops on band 25, and requires manual airplane cycling to enable it again.  Any input on this?  He said the LG rep was aware of the issue.

I am having this issue too. If i change the network settings to gsm so the phone loses its data connection, i can switch back to lte/cdma and i can get an lte connection (ive even speed tested it). 30 seconds later it dropps. Really lame. Dont know if its the software or what.

Ah, but the tables will turn next week when all 6 people who ordered the G2 get their in-stock confirmations!

I am pretty sure that there are a great number of G2 preorders. It is a great phone. The fact that Best Buy ran out of stock in the black model so soon shows that it is reasonably popular. That being said, I just don't get the obsession over the N5 when the hardware and design of the G2 seem to be better. But, to each their own.

• Like 5

I am pretty sure that there are a great number of G2 preorders. It is a great phone. The fact that Best Buy ran out of stock in the the model so soon shows that it is reasonably popular. That being said, I just don't get the obsession over the N5 when the hardware and design of the G2 seem to be better. But, to each their own.

Agreed.  I am liking the Software, but compared to the G2, that's the only thing the N5 has over the G2.  I know there are some users reporting issues with their G2 but I am assuming those are dud units and even if there is a problem, I have 45 days through Best Buy to swap the device with another one.  Reddit's reporting somewhat weak battery life on their N5 compared to what I'm expecting out of my G2.  Can't wait!!!

I am pretty sure that there are a great number of G2 preorders. It is a great phone. The fact that Best Buy ran out of stock in the the model so soon shows that it is reasonably popular. That being said, I just don't get the obsession over the N5 when the hardware and design of the G2 seem to be better. But, to each their own.

This has always been the down fall of the nexus... though this time its only lacking the latest camera, larger screen, and the of course a decent sized battery

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

The G2 and N5 will get an update in early 2014 that will enable Band 41 LTE.

Does the update enable both 41 and 26? Can one enable these on their own via dial pad if they have their MSL? Is "early 2014" only in select regions or nationwide? I wish we had a little more solid time frame of this update.

Does the update enable both 41 and 26? Can one enable these on their own via dial pad if they have their MSL? Is "early 2014" only in select regions or nationwide? I wish we had a little more solid time frame of this update.

It should enable them both.

It does not appear that one can enable them on their own, yet.

Most of the information needed for authentication on the network is missing on the device. That may change on launch day, so until then, it appears the bands will not work until the update. 

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that there are a great number of G2 preorders. It is a great phone. The fact that Best Buy ran out of stock in the black model so soon shows that it is reasonably popular.

Yes, I was being a bit sarcastic based on the relativity between this thread n the N5 thread. :)

That being said, I just don't get the obsession over the N5 when the hardware and design of the G2 seem to be better. But, to each their own.

I hear that.

I still find the band 25 issues and the lack of a Nov. 8th update for the G2, as compared to the Samsung devices, concerning.

It should enable them both.

It does not appear that one can enable them on their own, yet.

Most of the information needed for authentication on the network is missing on the device. That may change on launch day, so until then, it appears the bands will not work until the update. 

I'm following this closely as I want to join Sprint again for the Tri Band system.  The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 that I previously had just didn't work out well. 

I'm in the Harrisburg PA area.  The tower I connect to is a 4G LTE tower now.  How can I tell if that particular tower will carry the adiditoal frequencies that will make the LG G2 usable for me eventually?

I looked at the FCC ID tag on the tower and is is FCC Registration Number:  1002504.  Its physical street address is 1851 A UPS DRIVE Harrisburg PA 17104.  From what I could find, AT&T owns the tower but it is used by Sprint.  I'm not sure if Shentel is the company that services this particular tower or not. 

Last year, late 2012, when I was taking a walk at lunch time, I spoke to the guys that were installing the new equipment on the tower.  They said it was goling live Sprint 4G LTE on December 19th 2012.  The guys had sothern accents when they spoke which may hint at Shentel. 

Does anyone know how to tell if this tower will get the two additional bands?  This stuff fascinates me. 

Sprint Cell Tower 1851 A UPS DRIVE_720P.jpg

I'm following this closely as I want to join Sprint again for the Tri Band system. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 that I previously had just didn't work out well.

I'm in the Harrisburg PA area. The tower I connect to is a 4G LTE tower now. How can I tell if that particular tower will carry the adiditoal frequencies that will make the LG G2 usable for me eventually?

I looked at the FCC ID tag on the tower and is is FCC Registration Number: 1002504. Its physical street address is 1851 A UPS DRIVE Harrisburg PA 17104. From what I could find, AT&T owns the tower but it is used by Sprint. I'm not sure if Shentel is the company that services this particular tower or not.

Last year, late 2012, when I was taking a walk at lunch time, I spoke to the guys that were installing the new equipment on the tower. They said it was goling live Sprint 4G LTE on December 19th 2012. The guys had sothern accents when they spoke which may hint at Shentel.

Does anyone know how to tell if this tower will get the two additional bands? This stuff fascinates me.

It's my understanding that Shentel is installing Band 26 (LTE 800) on every full build site (about 90% of their network) right now. Shentel is still working on plans with Sprint about Band 41 (2600/Spark). It will not likely be until later in 2014 or maybe 2015.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

It's my understanding that Shentel is installing Band 26 (LTE 800) on every full build site (about 90% of their network) right now. Shentel is still working on plans with Sprint about Band 41 (2600/Spark). It will not likely be until later in 2014 or maybe 2015. Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Robert, Thanks for that information.  At least now, I can purchase the LG G2 knowing that eventually it will work on band 41.

At least I'll have something to use until my next upgrade when I'll purchase the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Tri Band version (Hopefully).

The only problem is that I'm not 100% sure that tower is a Shentel tower?  Is there any way to find out?

If anyone is wondering or had signed up for the Chose your Freedom promotion from Best Buy ($50 dollar gift card to upgrade and sign any 2-year contract agreement before 12/31/13), I have confirmed it does stack with the existing $50 gift card they are offering. In the fine print it states it shouldn't stack with any other gift cards but apparently it does.  I'd call and ask to get a note placed on your order!

Essentially, I am paying $7 to upgrade my phone! ($99 contract price, -$50 instant gift card, -$50 from previous offer.) Plan on trading in my Epic 4g touch to sweeten up the deal as well!

Details for the past promotion:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/regularCat%3Apcmcat274000050002/pcmcat274000050002.c?id=pcmcat274000050002

Edited by puch0021

Robert, Thanks for that information. At least now, I can purchase the LG G2 knowing that eventually it will work on band 41.

At least I'll have something to use until my next upgrade when I'll purchase the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Tri Band version (Hopefully).

The only problem is that I'm not 100% sure that tower is a Shentel tower? Is there any way to find out?

I think all of Harrisburg and the surrounding area is a shentel market.

I don't get why they are holding back the firmware.. Can't be based on their infrastructures then they would of never had Wimax or lte 1900 radios in any phones....

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I think all of Harrisburg and the surrounding area is a shentel market.

Thanks, I thought that Shentel only did the 81 corridor.  I wasn't aware that they covered the surrounding community as well. 

I found some information on the tower site on UPS drive using antennasearch.com.  It turns out that Clearwire (Sprint), Cingular (AT&T), and Telecom Transport Management Inc., use that particular tower.