LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

No matter who the queries are directed toward, it still doesn't change the fact that we will have to wait for the update. There is no info released as to why and no rumors to base conjecture off of.

Right, and if I do find any new information, I'll be happy to post it here, though it would be nice to have the option of holding that info from some members and instead tell them to "just wait". :)

Right, and if I do find any new information, I'll be happy to post it here, though it would be nice to have the option of holding that info from some members and instead tell them to "just wait". :)

If APNs are the issue, I'll just port the ones from whichever device gets Spark support first.

• Like 2

I also remember reading somewhere maybe the spark homepage or something that the mini would be the only one ready for tri-band and the others would receive over the air updates at later times.. I know for a fact I read that but don't remember where..

I also remember reading somewhere maybe the spark homepage or something that the mini would be the only one ready for tri-band and the others would receive over the air updates at later times.. I know for a fact I read that but don't remember where..

"The Samsung Galaxy S® 4 Mini (Available Nov. 8, Sprint Spark support expected via update)"

http://faster.sprint.com/2013/11/04/sprint-spark-is-live/?INTMKT=MA:MS:103013:SparkHub:Home_Content

I also recall reading that the two Samsung handsets would be tri band active out of the gate.  But that info seems to have changed.  I now expect a more level playing field among the first few Spark handsets.

AJ

I also recall reading that the two Samsung handsets would be tri band active out of the gate. But that info seems to have changed. I now expect a more level playing field among the first few Spark handsets.

AJ

"Update: This post originally listed tri-band support for all Spark-enabled handsets as November 8th."

At the bottom of the Engadget article on 10/30. Probably where we got that info, as well as an A-Po article stating the GS4 Mini would be tri-band effective on Nov. 8th.

Less than a week to go, hopefully, to see what the G2 has in store for us.

Edited by dParis

Any shipping updates out there yet from Sprint? Still nothing here...Wonder if that truck ever made it safely to Sprint Distro? 

Mine is still listed as "In Our Warehouse".  They better hurry up if it's going to get here by Friday!

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/11/04/lg-g2-android-4-4-kitkat-update-confirmed/

4.4kitkat coming to G2 in November/December for a French carrier. I'd say Sprint may just take this opportunity to activate Spark along with update to 4.4 in January. Thoughts?

Let's hope so!  That would be awesome!

Even so, only 22k devices. There should be way more available.

What do you mean by only 22,000 devices?  Does this mean that some of our orders can go into backorder status?

He means it was only 22k devices that were stolen.

DUH!  I remember reading that on this thread.  It went right over my head.  THANKS!

FYI I can now confirm the G2 Does Not use the sim card for CDMA authorization.

Thanks for the additional confirmation.  This just further confirms that it doesn't use a CSIM but still the USIM.

So according to XDA who is a Sprint rep and has the Sprint LG G2  who contacted LG, the LG rep told him that they plan to push an OTA fix on or shortly after launch date (Nov 8) to fix the B25 LTE connectivity issues.  

I hope this is true to push out an OTA fix for the weird APN issue with B25 LTE connectivity.  We shall see on Friday if this is true. If this is true, you heard it first.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=46840192&postcount=49

• Like 1

So according to XDA who is a Sprint rep and has the Sprint LG G2  who contacted LG, the LG rep told him that they plan to push an OTA fix on or shortly after launch date (Nov 8) to fix the B25 LTE connectivity issues.  

I hope this is true to push out an OTA fix for the weird APN issue with B25 LTE connectivity.  We shall see on Friday if this is true. If this is true, you heard it first.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=46840192&postcount=49

Good to hear. I have the same question(s) out to my LG rep as well. Hopefully he will have a similar answer.

When do you guys think Sprint will start shipping LG G2 preorders?  I hope it is not November 8th because I would like to get my phone by November 8th so I can activate it already.

Just checked mine this morning:

Status: Your pre-order for the LG G2 (Black) is at our warehouse. We expect to deliver your phone on or around Friday, Nov 8. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Thank you for your patience. For the latest status on your order, please continue to visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Any idea if the "warehouse" is one central location or multiple locations? Any clue where the G2's are shipping from?

Just checked mine this morning:

Status: Your pre-order for the LG G2 (Black) is at our warehouse. We expect to deliver your phone on or around Friday, Nov 8. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Thank you for your patience. For the latest status on your order, please continue to visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Any idea if the "warehouse" is one central location or multiple locations? Any clue where the G2's are shipping from?

Typically my orders from Sprint have shipped from Louisville, KY. And sometimes I will have the phone the same day they send me the shipping email (email will be sent 1-2 days after phone shipped).

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Between my Evo dying after about 2 hours of use and my Otterbox ripping at every end, I am just holding on for that shipping notification email. It's so bad that I have a charger in my pocket, a USB cable in my car and a solar charger in my trunk wherever I go.