LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Spec wise the nexus appears weak..2200mah battery, 8mp camera, and only a 4.95" display.... Again the nexus fails in the spec department..also no word on "spark" support

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

To take your points one at a time...

• 2300mAh, not 2200.
  • The 8Mp camera is "the same LG Innotek module with OIS from the G2, it just has an 8 MP CMOS behind it."

• 4.95" is just about the maximum size a phone can be before it becomes a tablet.

• Sprint press release heading: Sleek, powerful new LG tri-band capable device featuring Android 4.4 will allow users to take advantage of Sprint Spark technology for improved 4G LTE speed and capacity. A bit later on... "Nexus 5 by LG is the first Android™ 4.4, KitKat, smartphone capable of using the tri-band Sprint 4G LTE2 network."

Where is the "fail"? If you're gonna criticize, at least do it with some accuracy...

• Like 6

To take your points one at a time...

• 2300mAh, not 2200.
  • The 8Mp camera is "the same LG Innotek module with OIS from the G2, it just has an 8 MP CMOS behind it."

• 4.95" is just about the maximum size a phone can be before it becomes a tablet.

• Sprint press release heading: Sleek, powerful new LG tri-band capable device featuring Android 4.4 will allow users to take advantage of Sprint Spark technology for improved 4G LTE speed and capacity. A bit later on... "Nexus 5 by LG is the first Android™ 4.4, KitKat, smartphone capable of using the tri-band Sprint 4G LTE2 network."

Where is the "fail"? If you're gonna criticize, at least do it with some accuracy...
So a power hungry CPU/gpu and a 30% smaller battery appears to be your winner! I just questioned lte tri band knowing how the nexus 4 wasn't officially single band. But yes all other specs are similar to the S3

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Phantom touches?  You mean like the screen thinks you're touching it in a certain area when you're not?  I've had that happen to my old Epic 4G when the phone got very hot.  That sounds like a major problem.  We'll see.

When swiping/scrolling, about 10% of the time, instead of scrolling, it would think I was "tapping" up the screen. When this would happen, for about the next 5 minutes (or until a soft reset), it would then do phantom touches all over the screen, thinking I was tapping like mad. It, for example, made the keyboard impossible to use, as each letter would get hit multiple times. I declared mine defective after that happened twice.

Have you noticed any issues with camera skipping frames or slow to respond in low light..seems too loose frame rate? I haven't seen touch screen issues..I do have the issue with auto brightness not working correctly Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I'm not much of a camera person, sorry. Didn't notice.

Auto-brightness just seems to not be programmed at all; the light sensor works fine, according to various sensor apps.

All the same issues I had with mine. Went back to my note 2 also. May try the nexus 5 next.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

The Nexus 5 definitely looks awesome... But I'm on the Note 3 for the next 6 months.

when swiping/scrolling, about 10% of the time, instead of scrolling, it would think I was "tapping" up the screen. When this would happen, for about the next 5 minutes (or until a soft reset), it would then do phantom touches all over the screen, thinking I was tapping like mad. It, for example, made the keyboard impossible to use, as each letter would get hit multiple times. I declared mine defective after that happened twice.

Sounds like you had a lemon. A fellow on xda posted a YouTube video showing the touchscreen bugging out. He used the stock note taking app to attempt to draw a straight red line - instead he got a line with sporadic juts out. Others in the thread repeated his test but were able to draw a straight line.

The auto brightness also depends on where you have set your screen brightness. i haven't tried it myself(dont have the phone yet), but perhaps if you had the slider to the minimum with auto brightness on there was no room to adjust.

Just a few thoughts if anyone else is experiencing these problems.

Sounds like you had a lemon.

Indeed. It got sent back. Sure leaves a bad taste in my mouth; as they say, first impressions are everything.

The auto brightness also depends on where you have set your screen brightness. i haven't tried it myself(dont have the phone yet), but perhaps if you had the slider to the minimum with auto brightness on there was no room to adjust.

Auto brightness never appeared to respond to ambient light conditions, no matter what I set the actual slider to. And either way, that's bad design; auto-brightness completely precludes the brightness bar on just about any other device I've used, including pure Google ones...

Indeed. It got sent back. Sure leaves a bad taste in my mouth; as they say, first impressions are everything.

Auto brightness never appeared to respond to ambient light conditions, no matter what I set the actual slider to. And either way, that's bad design; auto-brightness completely precludes the brightness bar on just about any other device I've used, including pure Google ones...

I'd venture to say its great that LG decided to buck the trend and allow you to refine the magnitude of automatic brightness changes dependent on the brightness slider. My girlfriends GS4 in general is overly bright despite auto brightness and could use 50% off each step.

Of course, that's if auto brightness works in the first place! I'll have to verify this feature once I get the phone. 

Thanks for the feedback and your experience with the phone. It helps to get an idea of what to look for when the g2 arrives. 

Edited by puch0021

According to Best Buy, the release date is still unknown and still no change in order status. I'm getting a little jealous of the guys in the Nexus 5 thread who all have shipping confirmations.

• Like 1

According to Best Buy, the release date is still unknown and still no change in order status. I'm getting a little jealous of the guys in the Nexus 5 thread who all have shipping confirmations.

It's gotta be Nov 8th

• Like 1

That thread has dozens (?) of posts saying basically nothing more than "mine shipped!" or "mine's still pending?" It makes the thread unreadable. With this amount of obssesion, shouldn't there be a seperate thread for order status?

Back to the G2. In light of the Spark 2014 update announcement, does this possibly mean that the connectivity issues we have heard about (and I mean just simple, out of the box connectivity to band 25) won't be resolved until early next year? What can a Sprint G2 user expect next week, as far as data connection, when they activate their phone?

Also, does anyone know why the G2 is the black sheep of the Nov. 8th tri-band phone releases? I'm glad we know what to expect next week, but it does beg the question.

That thread has dozens (?) of posts saying basically nothing more than "mine shipped!" or "mine's still pending?" It makes the thread unreadable. With this amount of obssesion, shouldn't there be a seperate thread for order status?

No.  We do not want to fragment related discussion among multiple threads.  The aforementioned is the Nexus 5 preview/anticipation type thread.  Once the first member has one in his hands, we will close that thread and open the Nexus 5 users thread, just as we did here with the G2.

AJ

• Like 1

Back to the G2. In light of the Spark 2014 update announcement, does this possibly mean that the connectivity issues we have heard about (and I mean just simple, out of the box connectivity to band 25) won't be resolved until early next year? What can a Sprint G2 user expect next week, as far as data connection, when they activate their phone?

Also, does anyone know why the G2 is the black sheep of the Nov. 8th tri-band phone releases? I'm glad we know what to expect next week, but it does beg the question.

I assumed the Spark announcement meant the G2 won't see tri-band support until early 2014, but should be able to connect to band 25 out of the box.  How can it be otherwise?  If it cannot connect to band 25 out of the box, then its not a LTE phone and it's false advertising as far as I'm concerned - I would be returning the phone asap.

But you know the famous quote about assuming things....

quick question, are the ones that are preordered going to be activated when we get them or will we have to go through sprint in activating them and if so what is that process.. I normally buy in a store like Walmart and they activate them there.. thanks

quick question, are the ones that are preordered going to be activated when we get them or will we have to go through sprint in activating them and if so what is that process.. I normally buy in a store like Walmart and they activate them there.. thanks

You will have to activate in store, online chat, or on the phone. It will not activate out of the box.

Hey!

I just wanted you to know...

My Nexus 5 shipped!!!

:rofl:

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

• Like 3

me too! white 32gb standard shipping, delivery due tuesday, but is already in stl earth city, arggggh

edit, lol just realized this is g2 thread..