New Sprint Plans...Unlimited, My Way, My All-In

Paynefanbro

I'm not debating whether or not they're planning on axing them, because no one here knows that for sure, and unless or until they do, it doesn't really matter; all the conjecture or supposition that they're going to at whatever point is completely moot.  At some point of course they'll change, and so will the new plans just released eventually whenever they come out with even newer plans, rinse/repeat.  

Right now, the previous plans are still available for those who care to either ask for them or do a little research, and that's not conjecture, but rather a fact.  Those that don't probably never knew about the Everything Data plans to begin with, and will make their decisions based on what they can and do see presented to them online or in stores.

I worked at sprint up until a couple months ago and a lot of times people would give their old phone to their child and activate(new line if service) it and it would still require a contract for the new line but the new line would be upgrade eligible since it was a "walk in" activation.

OK, so you were talking about activating a new line of service.  Initially, you were talking about buying a phone at full-pop and activating it on an already active line while still increaseing the contract for two years.  That does not happen. Now adding a line and activating an old phone on a new line, depending on the plan, will give you a new 2 year agreement, that i can accept.

Your initial comment made it sound like an activation of any phone, new or old, would automatically extend the contract another two years on an ACTIVE line.  The new line of service is always two years UNLESS you can acquire the "No contract" plan which i believe no longer exists.

Why are the old plans no longer available on the website? The only way I could find the Everything Data is through Google. And I couldn't find the family Everything Data.

I just looked and all the plans are there. You do need to be logged in to see them.

I'm not debating whether or not they're planning on axing them, because no one here knows that for sure, and unless or until they do, it doesn't really matter; all the conjecture or supposition that they're going to at whatever point is completely moot.  At some point of course they'll change, and so will the new plans just released eventually whenever they come out with even newer plans, rinse/repeat.  

Right now, the previous plans are still available for those who care to either ask for them or do a little research, and that's not conjecture, but rather a fact.  Those that don't probably never knew about the Everything Data plans to begin with, and will make their decisions based on what they can and do see presented to them online or in stores.

My guess is they will eventually disappear for new customers, once NV 2.0 is completed. The push to move existing customers will be more subtle though, at least I hope so.

• Like 1

OK, so you were talking about activating a new line of service. Initially, you were talking about buying a phone at full-pop and activating it on an already active line while still increaseing the contract for two years. That does not happen. Now adding a line and activating an old phone on a new line, depending on the plan, will give you a new 2 year agreement, that i can accept.

Your initial comment made it sound like an activation of any phone, new or old, would automatically extend the contract another two years on an ACTIVE line. The new line of service is always two years UNLESS you can acquire the "No contract" plan which i believe no longer exists.

Activating and swapping was used very loosely. Yes you are correct. Activating a new line will have a contract while swapping devices on an existing line will not. As for no contract it does still exist with the name "Sprint As You Go" but the only smartphones offered are: LG Optimus Elite, preowned IPhone 4, Samsung Victory, and Samsung Epic Touch(S2 with a different name). To find the no contract click the "No contract" tab when looking at phones and it will display the eligible phones for the no contracted plans.

Does anyone here think that since sprint is basically going the unlimited minutes route that sprint will add a WiFi calling feature to their phones like T-Mobile?

I hope so since the international rates aren't that good. Adding will make it a lot easier for none techy and the average user to get better rates. While I was working there they really wanted us to push the sprint phone connect but it was hard for certain people because they needed international calling.

It doesn't make sense to keep both plans. That would be overcomplicating things.Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Not overcomplicating things at all. Keeping both would allow the customer more choice, which is always a good thing. Lets people decide what plan best fits their needs.

It doesn't make sense to keep both plans. That would be overcomplicating things.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Not overcomplicating things at all. Keeping both would allow the customer more choice, which is always a good thing. Lets people decide what plan best fits their needs.

In the big picture Reps will just have to better qualify customers to get the best fit. Not hard at all. 

Truthfully after a few days now of the new plans all the new customers I've seen been sold to have gone on the new plans even after having a choice and several upgrade customers have too. For one or two lines it's a no brainer and today I set a small business with four lines up on my way unlimited data plans.they were happy to have that plan because they wanted unlimited everything.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I just read my current bill, it looks as though my terms have changed to either 100 or 300 MB, based on plan terms.

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/legal/legal_terms_privacy_popup.shtml?ECID=vanity:termsandconditions#3

Nice.

An early birthday present?!  :frantic:

Can anyone confirm if Sprint's taking the data overages approach of throttling once the data limit is reached? I'd honestly prefer the throttling to maybe 1x once you hit the 2gb of data?

The only throttling is the QoS provision that allows limiting streaming video to 1 Mbps. Presumably they don't want to offer T-Mobile style throttling to differentiate "truly unlimited" from everyone else's throttled unlimited (plus I'd imagine it makes it easier to upsell unlimited data from a hard cap). On capped data plans, you pay overages (as has always been the case for tethering and tablet plans).

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

the only Sprint slowdowns I've observed have been the data plans for Virgin and Boost I believe.. Sprint data plans do not slow down..    the roaming issues I suspect will start to go away as NV2 rolls out more and the Nextel spectrum gets re-used..     Still I would have been screwed with my son away at a school that was just off the Sprint network... Strong former Alltel area that is now Verizon that used to be in network for Sprint when Alltel was stand alone.. With the VZ takeover, that agreement ended..