New Sprint Plans...Unlimited, My Way, My All-In

Paynefanbro

Hooooly crap, people.

Seriously. SERIOUSLY.

Here's what we know.

• There are new plans.
  • The new plans are NOT required.
  • The new plans are NOT being forced on anyone.
  • You can keep your current plan when upgrading.
  • You can still sign up for the Everything Data plans as a new customer.
  • There has been no announcement nor evidence of the Everything plans going away.
  • There has been no announcement nor evidence of forced plan migrations.

Anything contrary to this, without real evidence, is frankly "the sky is falling" knee-jerk alarmism.

CALM DOWN.

Please?

(As an aside, yes, store reps have been told to push the new plans for new customers first. As there's no real incentive to do so, any rep is likely to continue offering the old plans, as they'd rather make the sale.)

• Like 12

I think it was 129.99, not 119.99. Here are the old individual plans: http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/plan_details.jsp?tabId=pt_individual_tab&planCatId=EverythingData&planFamilyType=&flow=AAL

And here are the old family plans:

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/plan_details.jsp?tabId=pt_shared_tab&planCatId=EverythingDataFamily&planFamilyType=null

Remember to add $10 premium data for each smart phone to the old plans, as that is not included in the pricing. You are correct about the discounts though. 

Thank you for those links.

Does anyone have links to the Everything Data plans in the EPRP store? Log in here (enter Russ.S.McGuire@Sprint.com and 383). The only plans listed are the new ones at the moment. I'm looking for the old ones as detailed on this page.

This is important because these plans were web-only. You could never call in to get them.

Thank you for those links.

Does anyone have links to the Everything Data plans in the EPRP store? Log in here (enter Russ.S.McGuire@Sprint.com and 383). The only plans listed are the new ones at the moment. I'm looking for the old ones as detailed on this page.

This is important because these plans were web-only. You could never call in to get them.

NONE of the old plans have changed or are gone. That includes Everything Plus and SERO plans. They are still available to swap to/around/etc. depending on your account situation. Obviously limitations on swapping to EPRP/SERO plans are still in place, but the plans have not been expired like the old Fair & Flexible, Free & Clear, Power Pack, etc. plans.

ALL that has happened is the new plans have been ADDED to the existing plan set.

• Like 1

NONE of the old plans have changed or are gone. That includes Everything Plus and SERO plans. They are still available to swap to/around/etc. depending on your account situation. Obviously limitations on swapping to EPRP/SERO plans are still in place, but the plans have not been expired like the old Fair & Flexible, Free & Clear, Power Pack, etc. plans.

ALL that has happened is the new plans have been ADDED to the existing plan set.

Except the old ones were removed from the website for customers doing the typical online shopping. 

I did stop into a store yesterday and played average customer willy.  The new plans were offered and they kept saying the new ones are unlimited everything, I asked if they had anything cheaper since these were more expensive than AT&T.  They never offered the old ones.  They kept pushing about they had LTE everywhere all over town and that AT&T didn't(not true).  Unfortunately this isn't true as there are several key sites around town that 100% legacy along with gaps due to missing sites.  He said they are putting up new towers in the next few months, I used this opportunity to thank him for his time and ended the sale as he was unable to produce this in writing.

So I'm guessing he's being told to push the new plans with maybe his manager being able to sell the old ones? 

• Like 3

No that store is full of idiots. I'll put you on , west ever gets the sale. Though I'll start with the new plans.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm fully aware of my local stores ability to lie as I've had to deal with them over the years and do not go to them with any problems.

I'm fully aware of my local stores ability to lie as I've had to deal with them over the years and do not go to them with any problems.

Commissioned sales people. 

Setting up the old plans is the same as always and there are no system restrictions on them. No manager approval required. No incentive to push the new ones, other than Sprint saying "push the new ones".

The sales people at our 3rd party store are just poorly trained low wagers trying to make a living. I feel a bit sorry for them, truth be told. The caliber of "average customer" that comes in that store is honestly pretty terrible. Unless they are still allowed to circulate the old flyers, I truthfully believe the new plan set up is probably much easier to sell than the old, given premium data fees and explaining landline vs. anymobile.

This new plan is going to be attractive to data hogs. People who use a ton of data and are terrified shared or limited. For those people, tmobile is the only other place to get this pricing.

Do

Sent from my Note II. Its so big.

I get 22%

We have a 25% discount...my mother is a postal carrier.  A government job is good for something!!

We originally had Nextel 10+ years ago, and they only offered 18%.  After the merger it went up to 25%.

We have a 25% discount...my mother is a postal carrier.  A government job is good for something!!

We originally had Nextel 10+ years ago, and they only offered 18%.  After the merger it went up to 25%.

Nice.  Did you sign up using her name or just showed proof?

Nice.  Did you sign up using her name or just showed proof?

At least 10 years ago a Nextel sales rep came into her post office and sold plans and phones to several of the carriers. She actually signed up for 2 plans because there were 6 people and at the time you could only get 5 phones on one plan.  I remember we ordered 3 i60 flip phones and 3 i35 "Nextel bricks" !  Both accounts had the discount.

Earlier this year, after an upgrade of one of the lines, we did have to fill out a "continued eligibility" form.  She doesn't have an email address so there was a form to fill out and we had to include a copy of a pay stub, worker ID, or tax return.

The other account still has the discount and has never been asked for verification.

At the time I was probably a freshman or sophomore in high school so I didn't need a phone (unlike kids nowadays!).  I ended up getting on the plan, too... now we are on the Everything Data 1500.

23% discount here and used my company email address.

Weird... I just tried to use the little private store link it sends you in your corp email.  I can get 18% off.  I went through and did 3 devices and it still showed the $210 a month total.  I thought it used to show the discounted price per month. 

What lynryd65 said. Sprint does have a Sprint branded prepaid but only offer older phones or tier 2 phones to be activated on it. All the top tier require contract, even if you walk in and buy it out right. When activating it after paying full pop will still put you in a two year, you will just be able to upgrade whenever and get a discounted price renewing the contract from that point on.

Sources?

Are we all blue in the face yet?  That's the way I'm feeling and I haven't even chimed in on the post yet.

The new plans may work for many people and not for others.  At least we have a choice.  I have 6 lines on my Sprint account and 2.5 (Don't consider the Pixel a full line) on Verizon, but I wouldn't discount the idea of actually looking to see if these plans make sense for me or any others I know that use Sprint.  

My monthly for Sprint is about $400/mo with fees and taxes (EDIT: + discount which I don't recall an amount) and I average about 3gb per line (18gb/mo total with 6 lines) usage.  I am glad to see our network getting better.

Some current customers may even decide to jump on a new plan if they are in a non-NV rollout area and are satisfied with the service level if it provides them some savings .

I feel like I am going off on many tangents here and will probably not make any changes to my present plan until NV is rolled out a little further and we see the release of the upcoming new triband devices.

Except the old ones were removed from the website for customers doing the typical online shopping. 

I did stop into a store yesterday and played average customer willy.  The new plans were offered and they kept saying the new ones are unlimited everything, I asked if they had anything cheaper since these were more expensive than AT&T.  They never offered the old ones.  They kept pushing about they had LTE everywhere all over town and that AT&T didn't(not true).  Unfortunately this isn't true as there are several key sites around town that 100% legacy along with gaps due to missing sites.  He said they are putting up new towers in the next few months, I used this opportunity to thank him for his time and ended the sale as he was unable to produce this in writing.

So I'm guessing he's being told to push the new plans with maybe his manager being able to sell the old ones? 

the stores i dont' go to.,.every time they tell you something it's usually BS or they just simply don't have any idea what they are talking about.  I go into the store to browse and touch..i then call into sprint itself.

Hooooly crap, people.

Seriously. SERIOUSLY.

Here's what we know.

• There are new plans.
  • The new plans are NOT required.
  • The new plans are NOT being forced on anyone.
  • You can keep your current plan when upgrading.
  • You can still sign up for the Everything Data plans as a new customer.
  • There has been no announcement nor evidence of the Everything plans going away.
  • There has been no announcement nor evidence of forced plan migrations.
Anything contrary to this, without real evidence, is frankly "the sky is falling" knee-jerk alarmism.

CALM DOWN.

Please?

(As an aside, yes, store reps have been told to push the new plans for new customers first. As there's no real incentive to do so, any rep is likely to continue offering the old plans, as they'd rather make the sale.)

I was just on sales chat and they said new plans are required. Old plans gone.

I was just on sales chat and they said new plans are required. Old plans gone.

Hi there, new member.

Online sales chat is similar to Tier 1 Tech Support, and generally follow scripts, and have no idea what they're talking about with policy. Of course, neither do most in-store reps...

The plan codes still exist, and new accounts can still be set up with them. Collateral lists have not been updated, and so the old plan brochures with the old plans are still on the floor at many stores. Without breaking my NDA, I'll let you know those brochures aren't going away soon...

• Like 2

Hi there, new member.

Online sales chat is similar to Tier 1 Tech Support, and generally follow scripts, and have no idea what they're talking about with policy. Of course, neither do most in-store reps...

The plan codes still exist, and new accounts can still be set up with them. Collateral lists have not been updated, and so the old plan brochures with the old plans are still on the floor at many stores. Without breaking my NDA, I'll let you know those brochures aren't going away soon...

Why are the old plans no longer available on the website? The only way I could find the Everything Data is through Google. And I couldn't find the family Everything Data.

Sources?

I worked at sprint up until a couple months ago and a lot of times people would give their old phone to their child and activate(new line if service) it and it would still require a contract for the new line but the new line would be upgrade eligible since it was a "walk in" activation.

Why are the old plans no longer available on the website? The only way I could find the Everything Data is through Google. And I couldn't find the family Everything Data.

Post #453 in this thread has the links to the previous plans, they're still active online, just not linked to on the website directly any longer:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4184-new-sprint-plansunlimited-my-way-my-all-in/page-23&do=findComment&comment=168505

Post #453 in this thread has the links to the previous plans, they're still active online, just not linked to on the website directly any longer:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4184-new-sprint-plansunlimited-my-way-my-all-in/page-23&do=findComment&comment=168505

With Sprint making it so hard to find the old plans, it shouldn't be surprising that some people here feel Sprint is very close to axing them.

If you were presented a page that have you a choice, I'd consider the assertion that Sprint plans on keeping the old plans.

• Like 1