New Sprint Plans...Unlimited, My Way, My All-In

Paynefanbro

Yup, just waiting for the site to go live and see what's up.

Site is still down after the timer zero out.  What is the best plan for 13 lines?  We are currently on 1500/min Everything Data and on a 20GB Small Buz share plan.  Can we have 3 of the Everything Data plan on business account?

Yup, appears to only be visual changes. Is any one else unable to get usage information from both the web site, the text service, and *4 at this time? Because I'm having no luck.

Site is up, no changes on plans.

Yup, appears to only be visual changes. Is any one else unable to get usage information from both the web site, the text service, and *4 at this time? Because I'm having no luck.

I'm unable to get usage info on text and "activate this device" menu..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Just got off the phone with Sprint, they said it is possible to have multiple of the same everything data plan on same account.  Looks like we can do multiple 1500 min plans.  Doing that for 10 lines make sense compared to the new unlimited plan for 10 lines?

Site is still down after the timer zero out. What is the best plan for 13 lines? We are currently on 1500/min Everything Data and on a 20GB Small Buz share plan. Can we have 3 of the Everything Data plan on business account?

They have a business essentials plan. Call and speak to someone in business dept.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

They have a business essentials plan. Call and speak to someone in business dept.

Sprint will call me back in 1 hour as we need to analyze the best option.  Can the business essentials be shared? Unlimited data option?

Sprint will call me back in 1 hour as we need to analyze the best option. Can the business essentials be shared? Unlimited data option?

Shared minute pools with mobile to any mobile and nights and weekends free, you add data to the lines you need for unlimited. You will have to evaluate the best option for you. Also find out if any discounts would apply to your company.

Just got off the phone with Sprint, they said it is possible to have multiple of the same everything data plan on same account.  Looks like we can do multiple 1500 min plans.  Doing that for 10 lines make sense compared to the new unlimited plan for 10 lines?

This is technically possible but not recommended. Any rep you talk to on the phone that RECOMMENDS this avenue either truly knows what they are doing and can set it up right (very,very few reps can actually do this properly since it is not a supported account configuration), or they are an idiot.

Multiple minute pooling plans can cause A LOT of billing issues, especially if they use the same pooling code (i.e. same exact plan).

Different plan pooling codes don't usually have that issue because it's a different coding structure to determine minute use and allotment, but it is still not recommended due to possible billing issues related to how the system operates.

Okay.  I'll be the guinea pig.  I'll call telesales to upgrade my phone and see if I can keep my current plan.

Cool...deep..let us know

This is technically possible but not recommended. Any rep you talk to on the phone that RECOMMENDS this avenue either truly knows what they are doing and can set it up right (very,very few reps can actually do this properly since it is not a supported account configuration), or they are an idiot.

Multiple minute pooling plans can cause A LOT of billing issues, especially if they use the same pooling code (i.e. same exact plan).

Different plan pooling codes don't usually have that issue because it's a different coding structure to determine minute use and allotment, but it is still not recommended due to possible billing issues related to how the system operates.

Thanks for the heads up!  :tu:

Cool...deep..let us know

Okay.  So, I ordered the galaxy s4 and asked them many time if my plan was going to change and they said no.  I was disconnected once and called back.  Both rep said that sero premium is compatible with all smartphone so I do not have to change plan and my plan will stay the same.  Nothing has updated yet on the sprint website when I log in.  My order did go through as I got the order confirmation in my email.  Damn, it's over $350 for the phone after taxes, shipping, and activation fee.  I'll get the mail in rebate form in the order too for the $50 back, so it'll be $300 after rebate.

So, far, when I check my account online, it looks the same still so I don't know when they will update or if it is already updated. He did ask why I kept on asking if my plan will change or not.  I told him about the new plan and rumors that people who upgrade will be force to change to the new plan.  He told me that he knew about the new plans and that my sero premium was compatible with all smartphone so I would not be force to change plan and be able to keep my plan.

That's what I have so far.  I was hoping for the galaxy s4 active to come out but didn't want to risk waiting and then having to change plan when I upgrade my phone in the future.  I'll let you know if anything changes.

That's what I have so far.  I was hoping for the galaxy s4 active to come out but didn't want to risk waiting and then having to change plan when I upgrade my phone in the future.  I'll let you know if anything changes.

The key is going to be when the activate the new phone.  That's where trouble usually pops up along with reps saying you have to change your plan.

hmmmmm...... looks like this will end up being more for me in, not by much though. Currently i have the 1500 minute family plan with 4 lines and the 3000 minute family plan with 5 lines with an 18% discount on the first line of each plan, all are smartphones so before taxes and fees my total is 443.13.

with these new plans, assuming i'm calculating the discount correctly it would be

50+40+30+20*6 = 240

30*.82*9 = 221.40

for a total of $461.40 which is $18.27 more than I'm currently paying.

if i add back in the taxes and fees my current total per line is $54.38, the new amount per line would be $56.54.

So while it would suck that prices are going up its not enough to cause us to want to switch, i'd rather have unlimited data with the better coverage of sprint than switch to tmobile, and us-cellular would still be more per line.

How did you get 18% discount?

The key is going to be when the activate the new phone.  That's where trouble usually pops up along with reps saying you have to change your plan.

I'm on SERO-P with my S III. I didn't have to pay any more (though it did require a plan code change) to go from my Epic, though insurance rates went up.

If Sprint decides to make a break point on SERO-P, it'll be with tri-band phones. Not the S 4.

How did you get 18% discount?

you can get various discounts through who you work for or if you belong to credit unions and such

Sent from my HTC ONE from Tapatalk 2

A little off topic, but not really. I probably want to come back to Sprint when the Moto X is released late August, but I don't want to sign a contract. The phone is said to be cheap off-contract, so signing a 2 year would kinda suck. Are there *any* options? 

A little off topic, but not really. I probably want to come back to Sprint when the Moto X is released late August, but I don't want to sign a contract. The phone is said to be cheap off-contract, so signing a 2 year would kinda suck. Are there *any* options?

Buy a contract phone that would be expensive without a contract (GS4 or HTC One) and sell it then use that money to buy a moto x off contract and pocket the difference (use craigslist to get an idea on resell prices and maximize your subsidy).

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Buy a contract phone that would be expensive without a contract (GS4 or HTC One) and sell it then use that money to buy a moto x off contract and pocket the difference (use craigslist to get an idea on resell prices and maximize your subsidy).

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

What lynryd65 said. Sprint does have a Sprint branded prepaid but only offer older phones or tier 2 phones to be activated on it. All the top tier require contract, even if you walk in and buy it out right. When activating it after paying full pop will still put you in a two year, you will just be able to upgrade whenever and get a discounted price renewing the contract from that point on.

What lynryd65 said. Sprint does have a Sprint branded prepaid but only offer older phones or tier 2 phones to be activated on it. All the top tier require contract, even if you walk in and buy it out right. When activating it after paying full pop will still put you in a two year, you will just be able to upgrade whenever and get a discounted price renewing the contract from that point on.

Not the end of the world to sign another contract. Knowing the Moto X will be affordable, I can make this my last contract and just pay full in the future. I don't plan on leaving Sprint either. I do hope they take some hints from T-Mobile's no contract strategy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Not the end of the world to sign another contract. Knowing the Moto X will be affordable, I can make this my last contract and just pay full in the future. I don't plan on leaving Sprint either. I do hope they take some hints from T-Mobile's no contract strategy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If you're okay with no roaming, Voyager Mobile might work for you. Or Ting if you don't mind limited data. Otherwise you'll need to sign a contract unfortunately. But yeah, particularly with the enhancements Sprint is making, I don't mind signing a contract...the only downside is delayed reduced-price phone upgrades (I wish something existed now that mirrored SunCom's old $5/mo or whatever phone discount).

If you're okay with no roaming, Voyager Mobile might work for you. Or Ting if you don't mind limited data. Otherwise you'll need to sign a contract unfortunately. But yeah, particularly with the enhancements Sprint is making, I don't mind signing a contract...the only downside is delayed reduced-price phone upgrades (I wish something existed now that mirrored SunCom's old $5/mo or whatever phone discount).

Roaming is important, so I'll accept the pesky contract. I figure I'm locking myself into a network that will soon be superior and I'll have unlimited data.