New Sprint Plans...Unlimited, My Way, My All-In

Paynefanbro

It was 119.99 and $10 add on for each line due to premium data. So, $140. And if you received a discount, it was taken off $100. So a 20% discount would get you $20 off as well.

New plan, employee discount is applied to each data fee of $30. So, at 20% discount, you will take $6 off per phone

It was 119.99 and $10 add on for each line due to premium data. So, $140. And if you received a discount, it was taken off $100. So a 20% discount would get you $20 off as well.

New plan, employee discount is applied to each data fee of $30. So, at 20% discount, you will take $6 off per phone

I think it was 129.99, not 119.99. Here are the old individual plans: http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/plan_details.jsp?tabId=pt_individual_tab&planCatId=EverythingData&planFamilyType=&flow=AAL

And here are the old family plans:

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/plan_details.jsp?tabId=pt_shared_tab&planCatId=EverythingDataFamily&planFamilyType=null

Remember to add $10 premium data for each smart phone to the old plans, as that is not included in the pricing. You are correct about the discounts though. 

• Like 3

I think it was 129.99, not 119.99. Here are the old individual plans: http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/plan_details.jsp?tabId=pt_individual_tab&planCatId=EverythingData&planFamilyType=&flow=AAL

And here are the old family plans:

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/plan_details.jsp?tabId=pt_shared_tab&planCatId=EverythingDataFamily&planFamilyType=null

Remember to add $10 premium data for each smart phone to the old plans, as that is not included in the pricing. You are correct about the discounts though. 

Robert, it might help some folks if this were somehow incorporated into the OP...or otherwise linked and stickied at the top of a new thread somewhere.  Just a thought anyway.

I think people should just look at this as a plan "modernization".

I've thought about it for a few days and when you look at how VZN/AT&T market their plans, this basically copies that.

I suspect that the big guys have trained customers on how a plan should look and this is Sprint responding.

Give it a few months to soak in and we can see how this feels - expect me to add to this thread in 2-3 months with how I feel about the new plan vs. competitors :)

149.99 (after the $10 premium data) 

Untitled_zps618ccc40.png

I'd save money on the new plan. $50 for smartphone 1, $40 for smartphone 2. Then a $30 unlimited plan and $20 1GB plan. That's $140. Saving $10.  :)

• Like 1

I'd say their goal isn't just revenue, it's profit from each customer (or at least not losing money on them). If people having 3,4, and 5 smart phones on these everything plans takes them from being profitable at 2 lines, to money losers at 4-5 lines, then I expect Sprint to raise it's prices on the additional smart-phone lines accordingly. That sucks for those of us with 3-5 smart-phones on a plan, but I understand why they would do it.

The goals are profits overall, as for any company. Many companies use "lost leaders"(products they make little or no money off of) in their marketing strategies. Again wireless companies don't care about making a profit off each per say they care about the spread between cash cost per user and average revenue per user. This is how these companies increase oibda and thus the bottom line. Any wire less company would gladly offer a service that they lose 10 bucks a month on if it ment they would gain 100. It is a flat out price increase on new customers which I believe is bad timing and they will end up having to back track on. Also, I wasn't expecting the SoftBank purchase to be followed by price hikes.

Just checking to make sure my math is right in my calculations.  I'm currently on the Everything Data 1500 min shared plan that has 2 lines.  I get a 20 percent employee discount, so currently my charges (before taxes and fees of course) come out to 127.99.  Under these new plans I figure it would be (50 + 40 +  30 + 30) - 12 (new employee discount from data charges) which would put my bill at 138.  Are my calculations correct that I should just stay at my current plan?

Just checking to make sure my math is right in my calculations.  I'm currently on the Everything Data 1500 min shared plan that has 2 lines.  I get a 20 percent employee discount, so currently my charges (before taxes and fees of course) come out to 127.99.  Under these new plans I figure it would be (50 + 40 +  30 + 30) - 12 (new employee discount from data charges) which would put my bill at 138.  Are my calculations correct that I should just stay at my current plan?

If I were you, I would stick with your current plan as long as you can unless you consistently need to use more than 1500 mins. Do we have confirmation that the employer discount is on the data plans?  Also is the employer discount only on the first line or is it on all lines.    I just don't think these new My Way plans are advantageous for multiple lines at this point.

The only good thing about these new My Way plans is that it gets rid of this $10 Premium data charge confusion that still infuriates customers who never got Wimax or any LTE currently.  The plans keep make it clear cut especially if you come from Verizon or ATT who have similar plan layouts.

Streaming video bandwidth may be limited to 1 Mbps!! Wow that is just beautiful what is the point of having Lte then if they can just limit my streaming to their 3g speeds this is ridiculous!!! If I am going to pay for a plan that is unlimited then I better not be throttled because other plans get prioritized over my plan!! Especially since it costs more now for this plan no reason other plans can get priority over mine, just another reason to consider leaving sprint....

• Like 2

PSA : working for sprint as of right now sprint is not getting rid of the old plans however they are off the website because they want new customers on the newer plans. Working at the store we still have access to old plans and I can still put new customers on the older plans. I'm sure the older plans will begin to phase out in the next year or two

• Like 2

Streaming video bandwidth may be limited to 1 Mbps!! Wow that is just beautiful what is the point of having Lte then if they can just limit my streaming to their 3g speeds this is ridiculous!!! If I am going to pay for a plan that is unlimited then I better not be throttled because other plans get prioritized over my plan!! Especially since it costs more now for this plan no reason other plans can get priority over mine, just another reason to consider leaving sprint....

Key word: MAY

They didn't say your streaming video will be limited, but it may be, if the network needs it.

Do you already have a Sprint plan? If so, than there is nothing you need to worry about. This only affects the new plans.

• Like 2

Key word: MAY

They didn't say your streaming video will be limited, but it may be, if the network needs it.

Do you already have a Sprint plan? If so, than there is nothing you need to worry about. This only affects the new plans.

Yes may is a key word but fact is these plans cost more then the plan i currently have so why would other plans get priority over a plan that we pay more for lol? I am currently out of contract and this unlimited guarantee thing is hinting at a possible rid of unlimited data so this plan was interesting me till now

Judging by what people are saying in this thread, I think here is just a lot of uncertainty. And while I can see Sprint raising their prices on the 3+ lines, I think the timing was horrible. And while some will say the driving factor for people coming to sprint is unlimited, I still say it is value. If you look online, most people make fun of Sprint for their "slow unlimited". To be honest, I am beginning to get annoyed at having less than dial up speeds when connected to a legacy network. If I were paying Verizon prices for my current service, then I would probably think about switching. However, since we just renewed we can wait and see how the new network looks. Which if it is like some of the NV sites I have been on, I think it will be great and well worth the money. If they fall short, then uh oh. But Sprint knows they have to nail the upgrades.

Only on the new plans, and only if the network determines it is necissary.

Is this the same way that Sprint currently re-compresses images on web pages?

They will re-compress the streaming video and limit it to 1 Mbps?

I have seen them compress streaming video already, when connected to an LTE enabled tower.

I'm not sure what rate they re-compressed it to.

Is this the same way that Sprint currently re-compresses images on web pages?

They will re-compress the streaming video and limit it to 1 Mbps?

I have seen them compress streaming video already, when connected to an LTE enabled tower.

I'm not sure what rate they re-compressed it to.

I have no idea. I'm just reiterating what was released in the documents.

Sent from my HTC ONE

• Like 1

Sprint is changing their terms and conditions to be more ambiguous purely because they don't know exactly what the network load will be post-NV/Clearwire.

The wording about throttling streaming bandwidth is all about network management. Streaming video eats up bandwidth and is one of the largest data hogs imaginable. A file download or regular browsing may require a large amount of data, but it will be a burst for a short period. Streaming is a prolonged use of valuable bandwidth. That may then cause other users on the tower/sector to have slower speeds and a worse experience. Therefore it is throttled to maintain quality for other customers on the tower, you aren't the only customer and Sprint is looking for everyone, not just you, they pay the same amount you do, or perhaps more or even less. You are using something that is not very mobile-network optimized and thus it will have a lower priority and be subject to network optimization where regular browsing and use will not be. It makes perfect sense to me from a network-management perspective. The United States simply doesn't have the infrastructure, on any network, to handle even 500 customers all streaming Netflix simultaneously at max speed on a tower.

It's pretty safe to assume that if there is enough bandwidth on your tower to handle a full speed stream, it will be allowed. But your stream will be given less priority if something else comes along like a bunch of people browsing the web, their use will be much more randomly spaced and bursting, so the network will adjust to manage traffic to provide a consistent service level to everyone.

• Like 6

http://consumerist.com/2013/07/12/catches-in-sprints-new-unlimited-plans-prices-could-go-up-no-guarantee-data-will-be-fast/

Sprint is not loosing money on the new plans. Right now I am doing 225/month..the new plan is going to cost me $260/month...right sprint isn't forcing me to this new plan....if/when they do their network better be up to snuff...:)

Did anyone notice Sprint's website been under maintenance since last night?  Possibly new plans being added?

maintenance.png

Yup, just waiting for the site to go live and see what's up.

Did anyone notice Sprint's website been under maintenance since last night?  Possibly new plans being added?

http://consumerist.com/2013/07/12/catches-in-sprints-new-unlimited-plans-prices-could-go-up-no-guarantee-data-will-be-fast/

Sprint is not loosing money on the new plans. Right now I am doing 225/month..the new plan is going to cost me $260/month...right sprint isn't forcing me to this new plan....if/when they do their network better be up to snuff...:)

This is a fair way to look at it. :tu:

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1