New Sprint Plans...Unlimited, My Way, My All-In

Paynefanbro

Isn't the Verizon and Sprint roaming agreements supposed to expire around 2015/2016?

I think you are right.  Sprint signed a roaming agreement with Alltel back in 2006 and I believe the agreement was for 10 years.  My guess its sometime in 2016.

Isn't the Verizon and Sprint roaming agreements supposed to expire around 2015/2016?

Alltel, not Verizon. Alltel's agreement is more permissive...reciprocal roaming that includes 3G data. I'm sure Verizon roaming will stick around as long as Verizon has a 1x network to roam on.

Just got my galaxy s4.  I tried to do it online using the activate new phone link but it said I needed to change plan so I used echat instead.  Got my phone activated and still on sero-p 500.  Loving the new phone and it picked up LTE for 3 minutes when I was in backyard.

• Like 6

Just got my galaxy s4. I tried to do it online using the activate new phone link but it said I needed to change plan so I used echat instead. Got my phone activated and still on sero-p 500. Loving the new phone and it picked up LTE for 3 minutes when I was in backyard.

I've never been able to activate a phone online, even when it's just an ESN swap, on my SERO lines.

Just got my galaxy s4.  I tried to do it online using the activate new phone link but it said I needed to change plan so I used echat instead.  Got my phone activated and still on sero-p 500.  Loving the new phone and it picked up LTE for 3 minutes when I was in backyard.

Looking to do the same thing in two weeks, deep; did Sprint insist on an activation fee for the upgrade?

Looking to do the same thing in two weeks, deep; did Sprint insist on an activation fee for the upgrade?

I got charged on my sero-p lines.

They should increase the cost of the phone $35 to make it a lot more clearer, but I know they like fees to try and hide behind.

Yes.  I asked two telesales people and they would not budge.  I told them I have never paid the upgrade (activation) fee before and that it was always waived.  I guess it depends on who you ask.

I got charged on my sero-p lines.

They should increase the cost of the phone $35 to make it a lot more clearer, but I know they like fees to try and hide behind.

If they increased the price of the phone they would have to pay sales tax instead of service tax. I would assume sales tax is higher.

Yes.  I asked two telesales people and they would not budge.  I told them I have never paid the upgrade (activation) fee before and that it was always waived.  I guess it depends on who you ask.

Policy is to charge activation fees on all accounts not specifically having them waived by an employer discount. It used to be much more lax, but they have cracked down on it substantially over the last few years as the company has has financial issues. The easiest way to increase revenue is enforce the rules already in place.

So do we have confirmation on what the employer discounts are for these new My Way and My All-In plans?  Is the discount on the "Talk + Text" portion or the data portion?

Data.

Sent from my HTC ONE

That is correct. I just spoke with an csr and they said the work discount is applied to data costs. So if you have 2 lines with $30 unlimited for each the discount would apply towards $60 data.

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Discounts are on the data portion, not the voice/text portion..

Reasoning: Unlimited minute plans are not discountable. This has stayed true through every unlimited minute plan/option Sprint has ever had as far as I know.

I work for a Sprint Authorized Retailer.

All of the everything share plans are still available and you don't have to beg us to get set up on them. Perhaps we are not typical but we look to see which plan makes the most sense and benefits you the best and that's the plan we sell you.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 8

I work for a Sprint Authorized Retailer.

All of the everything share plans are still available and you don't have to beg us to get set up on them. Perhaps we are not typical but we look to see which plan makes the most sense and benefits you the best and that's the plan we sell you.

Is Sprint sending out more rates plans booklets, or only the new Unlimited my way plans?

Is Sprint sending out more rates plans booklets, or only the new Unlimited my way plans?

We received an additional booklet.

I'm thinking the issues people are having getting the Everything plans are more just lazy or uninformed sales reps. I can say corporate communication has been great as far as what is and isn't available in the way of plans and how discounts are applied on the new plans, if people care to look at the FAQ posted internally on the dedicated My Way/All-in microsite. I am a retail technician but I went and looked at the site and it is very straight-forward and the FAQ answers just about every question I've seen posted online. But perhaps that's too much for some reps.

Online stuff, I have no idea why the old plans don't show up, my guess is because Sprint would prefer customers on the new plans (no surprise there), and because they line up more evenly with competitor plans. People looking online for a new line of service are more likely to be coming from another carrier, so show them the plans that line up with their old carrier better.

• Like 1

As a preferred retailer employee, I'll tell you that we have no option to apply or not apply the activation fee. It's a backend script that gets run automatically to apply it, with no interaction by the user. If an upgrade is done, it just happens, and I can't stop it.

My point is, if you're trying to get your activation fee waived, Telesales isn't the right department to talk to.

The only way (afaik) to waive Upgrade Fees is to have the NVP discount for Credit Union Members.

• Like 2

The option is still there in the RMS system to waive in corporate stores. But we aren't allowed to touch it. If it shows up in a report you waived it you are going to have to answer some questions from your DM and probably get some documentation.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

This is all new correct? I remember some time ago they would always waive with no problems. Now, they don't.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It started about 2 years ago when Sprint got the iPhone, a lot of stuff changed then about activation/upgrade fees and the return policy went from 30 to 14 days and restocking fees were made mandatory.

This is all new correct? I remember some time ago they would always waive with no problems. Now, they don't.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It started about 2 years ago when Sprint got the iPhone, a lot of stuff changed then about activation/upgrade fees and the return policy went from 30 to 14 days and restocking fees were made mandatory.

That's what happens when you commit to buying $20 billion worth of iphones. I wonder if they've turned a profit on them yet or if they're still planning for 2014?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203405504576603053795839250.html

I had no problem when I asked telesales and I quote "can you check and see if you can waive the activation fees for me?" When I pre-ordered two iPhone 5's the morning they went on sale. She put me on hold and then came back and said ok. It must've been my lucky day or something.