LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

http://youtu.be/xRtCJmcw-6A

If you watch the video, it seems like the "middle" button b/w the up and down arrow is a FINGERPRINT READER I think.  I don't think that it is a button.  Pretty sweet if it works as advertised.

When this phone first leaked it looked like a fingerprint reader. But i have seen on multiple sites that it is just a power button.

I guess the official name of the successor of the LG Optimus G phone series will be known as the G2 phone where LG is adopting the "G" name for its series.  Can't wait until August 7th to hear more details on the phone.  Hopefully its a nice flagship phone to get and will make it to Sprint.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/17/lg-optimus-g2-officially-named/

I guess the official name of the successor of the LG Optimus G phone series will be known as the G2 phone where LG is adopting the "G" name for its series. Can't wait until August 7th to hear more details on the phone. Hopefully its a nice flagship phone to get and will make it to Sprint.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/17/lg-optimus-g2-officially-named/

didn't T-Mobile have a g2? Haha. I had the g1 back in the day.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

didn't T-Mobile have a g2? Haha. I had the g1 back in the day.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yes there are already jokes about Tmobile suing LG for the rights to "G2"..blah blah blah.  I just hope they make a great smartphone that is comparable to the SGS4 and HTC One.

I can't see those links at work... does it mean that LG G2 is tri band?

Yes, this is presumably the LG G2 headed to Sprint.  It is tri band LTE:  band 25 LTE 1900 + band 26 LTE 800 + band 41 TD-LTE 2600.  One notable caveat is that it supports neither SVDO nor SVLTE.

AJ

• Like 1

Yes, this is presumably the LG G2 headed to Sprint.  It is tri band LTE:  band 25 LTE 1900 + band 26 LTE 800 + band 41 TD-LTE 2600.  One notable caveat is that it supports neither SVDO nor SVLTE.

AJ

Whoa! I think you said something about that a few weeks ago that you thought SVLTE could be ditched with Tri-band LTE phones.

AJ

Really?

Yes, we had heard that SVLTE may not be capable on the new tribands. However, it was not a rumor we could corroborate. I guess now it is.

Robert from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Yes, we had heard that SVLTE may not be capable on the new tribands. However, it was not a rumor we could corroborate. I guess now it is.

Robert from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks. Disappointing. But maybe in the future there will be a fix for this debacle. Hopeful for the future, but not banking on it.

Whoa! I think you said something about that a few weeks ago that you thought SVLTE could be ditched with Tri-band LTE phones.

There are a whole lot of antenna elements that have to be crammed inside this puppy...

jp91rn.png

But the big takeaway is that CDMA1X, EV-DO, GSM, W-CDMA, and LTE all share the same transmit path, thus no SVDO nor SVLTE.

AJ

I can't see those links at work... does it mean that LG G2 is tri band?

Or whatever the LS980 is.

I'll be picking one up when it comes out, if Samsung doesn't beat LG to the punch.

There are a whole lot of antenna elements that have to be crammed inside this puppy...

jp91rn.png

But the big takeaway is that CDMA1X, EV-DO, GSM, W-CDMA, and LTE all share the same transmit path, thus no SVDO nor SVLTE.

AJ

Hmm...so only two transmit paths for the entire device (WiFi + Cellular)? That's unfortunate...coming from the owner of an SVDO + SVLTE device.

Yes, that's the whole point of the entire thread ;-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Isn't SMR LTE Band 27?

Isn't SMR LTE Band 27?

Nope. Band 26.

AJ

• Like 1