HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

While its not too early to see how triband devices choose LTE bands, it hasn't been looked into yet. Hence we don't know how priorities are set. One thing I can attest to is that Band 41 is at a higher priority than Band 25, as in NYC my device connected to Band 41 almost all the time, only connecting to Band 25 when Band 41 was not available.

Where about in the NYC market have you traveled that u picked up band 41? I know I saw on the sprint map its pretty wide spread does it make a difference between being inside a builsing over out in the streets?

Where about in the NYC market have you traveled that u picked up band 41? I know I saw on the sprint map its pretty wide spread does it make a difference between being inside a builsing over out in the streets?

In my experience so far, even if B41 is by you, you aren't likely to pick up a B41 signal in a building unless you are by a window or the tower is right next to your building

In my experience so far, even if B41 is by you, you aren't likely to pick up a B41 signal in a building unless you are by a window or the tower is right next to your building

That's pretty much how it was with Wimax, too.

Noted... Thank you.... I wonder what use clearwire hotspots where if that was the case then as they had similar propergation... Hopefully 800 LTE is not far behind as well as I still loose signal in my bathroom and hallway on band 25...

Noted... Thank you.... I wonder what use clearwire hotspots where if that was the case then as they had similar propergation... Hopefully 800 LTE is not far behind as well as I still loose signal in my bathroom and hallway on band 25...

I've known 3 people with Clear hotspots. Two had them sitting on a window sill and one had to have it sit outside with an ethernet cable running through a pvc pipe into the house.

I've known 3 people with Clear hotspots. Two had them sitting on a window sill and one had to have it sit outside with an ethernet cable running through a pvc pipe into the house.

Now, that is what I call "indoor plumbing" in the wireless age...

;)

AJ

• Like 2

I have mentioned it in the Spark Thread, but I will say it again. Union Square, North Brooklyn (Greenpoint/Williamsburg), Long Island City, Maspeth, and near the World Trade Center. 

In the majority of instances, I would say yes. But in New York City, Clear had towers set up very tightly. In my house in North Brooklyn, the closest Clear tower was a half block away, I was able to get a low WiMax signal in my basement if I held the phone up towards the ceiling. However, my local clear tower is still WiMax only, and I get Band 41 LTE from a tower further away, as the signal hovers around -100 dBm, whereas Wimax was better. 

I should note that my experience is with the HTC One max, which reception is not as good as the Galaxy S4 on B25, and I heard people say the N5 is even better.

Edited by bitslizer

New prl update, check your current version and then update...Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Sir.  A little on the big side for me as my daily driver but, its an awesome phone and will work great and serve its purpose well for one of my other lines.    

Yeah, the Max is just tad bit to big for my personal preference but my girl loves it, so I will give it to her once I get through with it and reactivate my one in its place then wait for the next flagship to come out.

• Like 1

So guys, how are videos showing up on the Max? On my previous Note 2 I had no problem watching video from any source be it youtube, chrome or any web browser for that matter. Yet on the Samsung Mega, I am having problems watching on certain sites where I didn't have issues on the Note 2. I still have a few days left to evaluate this Mega and besides that its been great, but if I can't overcome this issue I just may go for the Max. Therefore the reason I ask.

TS

So guys, how are videos showing up on the Max? On my previous Note 2 I had no problem watching video from any source be it youtube, chrome or any web browser for that matter. Yet on the Samsung Mega, I am having problems watching on certain sites where I didn't have issues on the Note 2. I still have a few days left to evaluate this Mega and besides that its been great, but if I can't overcome this issue I just may go for the Max. Therefore the reason I ask.

TS

Haven't had any issues with video playback on the max.  Now I may have some minor issues with chrome browser(probably flash related) on a few websites and when I do I just use the stock browser which works perfectly.

• Like 2

You might be running into issues because Adobe stopped supporting Flash on Android 4.1+. Chrome and many stock browsers will not show any Flash content, which many websites use to display video. I believe there are third-party browsers out there that include Flash support, but I haven't tried any of them.

-Mike

• Like 2

You might be running into issues because Adobe stopped supporting Flash on Android 4.1+. Chrome and many stock browsers will not show any Flash content, which many websites use to display video. I believe there are third-party browsers out there that include Flash support, but I haven't tried any of them.

-Mike

Absolutely.  I use "Dolphin Browser".  The Flash .apk integrates seamlessly with Dolphin. 

Absolutely.  I use "Dolphin Browser".  The Flash .apk integrates seamlessly with Dolphin.

Dolphin is a great browser. I also like Firefox, too.