HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

Really like it, just getting my screens and apps setup....Really want to connect to phase one and two band 41 in Columbus though. I've had my evo lte with me all day comparing signals, etc...I'll update my non scientific findings tomorrow or Wednesday. Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

That would be great to see the comparisons.  I really like the One Max, but am hesitant to take the plunge because of the LTE performance. 

What phone do you have now? Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

What phone do you have now? Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

I have the LG G2. I would really like a device with a large screen. I'll be paying full price, so I need to weigh all options carefully.

I have the LG G2. I would really like a device with a large screen. I'll be paying full price, so I need to weigh all options carefully.

Have you consider the galaxy Mega? the hardware spec not as nice as the one max, but it does have a big screen, not sure about the RF (I have not research it)

Will do later tonight, if work doesn't get in the way. In my little testing so far, I've picked up lte better on this phone than my evo.

Thanks.. if you still have the EVO, put them side-by-side so we can see how they compare! Even if it is deactivated, SignalCheck will still work.

-Mike

Have you consider the galaxy Mega? the hardware spec not as nice as the one max, but it does have a big screen, not sure about the RF (I have not research it)

I did look at the Mega. I wanted something with a better quality display though. Thanks.

Thanks.. if you still have the EVO, put them side-by-side so we can see how they compare! Even if it is deactivated, SignalCheck will still work.

-Mike

Mike, you're too much. Am I understanding correctly that SignalCheck will actually display LTE signal on a deactivated phone?

That's awesome!

Mike, you're too much. Am I understanding correctly that SignalCheck will actually display LTE signal on a deactivated phone?

That's awesome!

Yep.. it is awesome! I'm way too cheap to actually pay for service on all of my test phones ;)

-Mike

• Like 2

I have a question about the HTC One Max.  I was looking at the Sprint LTE coverage map for PA on Sprint.com.  When I choose the HTC one max as my device, there are large areas of no coverage.  If I change back to my current phone the LG G2, I get off network roaming in the same places on the map that the HTC One Max shows no coverage. 

Is there an essential band that is missing from the One Max that doesn't allow roaming on Verizon's network?

I tried many other Tri Band phones as the choice of device on Sprint's coverage map, but only the One Max shows the vast areas of no coverage.  Is this an error on Sprint's coverage map when the One Max is chosen as the preferred device?

Curious? 

That is an issue with the Sprint website. The One Max has the same PRL as the LG G2, Nexus 5, Photon Q, HTC One and every LTE device, excluding the iPhone. As in they all use the 55xxx series and 56xxx for corporate users. We would have to ask Digiblur if the new 55016/56016 has an added list of Band 41 and Band 26, in comparison to the older 55xxx/56xxx series of PRLs. To prove that this phone can connect to Verizon, look at my screenshot with the band selection, if you look at the status bar, I was connected to Verizon while roaming. 

Do you know how to prioritize the lte bands?

Where did you get the power jacket and what chargers you using?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Here are the following two scenarios for how band priorities are on this device :

1) The One Max uses a similar system of choosing LTE Bands like the Hotspots. Hitting ##DATA# (##3282#), will bring up the EPST screen. If you have your MSL, hit Edit Mode and put in the MSL and you can edit everything here to your heart's desire. However, LTE band priorities should be set under LTE Record and then LTE Available File. 

2) The PRL controls everything. In this scenario, all triband devices will rely on the PRL to choose how to connect to LTE. In this case, we would need to write a PRL which dictates the priorities of the bands. 

While its not too early to see how triband devices choose LTE bands, it hasn't been looked into yet. Hence we don't know how priorities are set. One thing I can attest to is that Band 41 is at a higher priority than Band 25, as in NYC my device connected to Band 41 almost all the time, only connecting to Band 25 when Band 41 was not available. 

That is an issue with the Sprint website. The One Max has the same PRL as the LG G2, Nexus 5, Photon Q, HTC One and every LTE device, excluding the iPhone. As in they all use the 55xxx series and 56xxx for corporate users. We would have to ask Digiblur if the new 55016/56016 has an added list of Band 41 and Band 26, in comparison to the older 55xxx/56xxx series of PRLs. To prove that this phone can connect to Verizon, look at my screenshot with the band selection, if you look at the status bar, I was connected to Verizon while roaming.

Thanks for the explanation. Early on, my LG G2 was also shown as having no coverage in roaming areas according to Sprint's coverage map. Now it shows off network roaming. I'm not sure how whomever updates the map is not aware of the misinformation.

2) The PRL controls everything. In this scenario, all triband devices will rely on the PRL to choose how to connect to LTE. In this case, we would need to write a PRL which dictates the priorities of the bands. 

I am afraid not.  There is no evidence that the PRL has control over LTE band selection.  At this point, the PRL is basically a CDMA2000 vestige.

AJ

Guys, come on.  As I have harped on before, please resize your huge screenshots.  We have a big problem -- pun intended -- with unnecessarily large screenshots and needlessly long post quotes today.  That is just bad forum etiquette.

Additionally, these screens are nothing new.  They have been around since the EVO LTE.

AJ

-Mike

Mike,

What do I need to do with my evo lte,seems like it's interfering with the max signal. It's deactivated but still in same state when using, anything I have to remove or disable?

What do I need to do with my evo lte,seems like it's interfering with the max signal. It's deactivated but still in same state when using, anything I have to remove or disable?

SignalCheck actually doesn't do anything specific to deactivated phones; they continue to receive a signal, so the app reports it. It ignores whether or not any data can be transmitted or received. You should not have to "do" anything to the EVO. Perhaps move them a few inches apart if it's interfering while you are trying to watch the signal levels? That wouldn't have anything to do with the app, just typical RF behavior..

-Mike

Mike,

Keep in mind that the evo lte is reporting 1x voice strength while the Max is reporting data strength, that's if you are just comparing how many bars each phone has.

Not in SignalCheck, my friend ;)

-Mike

I know, I was just assuming that maybe he had both phones sitting next to each other looking at the bars and not comparing both devices while using the app.

I just remembered that when I deactivated my EVO LTE, a "Data Call Failure" warning prompt constantly kept popping up. Go into Settings and disable Mobile Data; that will prevent the message from appearing. It will not affect the signals that SignalCheck sees, it just prevents the phone from trying to authenticate a data session with the network.

-Mike

• Like 2

I just remembered that when I deactivated my EVO LTE, a "Data Call Failure" warning prompt constantly kept popping up. Go into Settings and disable Mobile Data; that will prevent the message from appearing. It will not affect the signals that SignalCheck sees, it just prevents the phone from trying to authenticate a data session with the network.

-Mike

Yes, makes sense bc I was getting that and seemed to be trying to interfere with my signal and cause my max to stutter.