HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

Damn it.................

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I ran as fast as I possibly could, head first, right into that one.

Haha I too thought it would be too big. And it is. But it's awesome nonetheless.

I paid full retail to get this thing and now I'm having second thoughts on returning it.

Compared to the other devices I own (G2, Nexus 5, Moto X), the battery life and build quality is the best. And dat screen...

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Haha I too thought it would be too big. And it is. But it's awesome nonetheless.

I paid full retail to get this thing and now I'm having second thoughts on returning it.

Compared to the other devices I own (G2, Nexus 5, Moto X), the battery life and build quality is the best. And dat screen...

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Well due to the lte rf beast that my nexus 5 is, that isn't going anywhere anytime soon so while I test this One Max out I guess I will put my regular One on vacation for a few.

• Like 1

Finally got to see the HTC one max in person... Its screen is bigger than my nexus 5...

Umm.. did that surprise you? Not sure what the point of your post is.. the whole point of the Max is its size. It's like saying you saw a Chevy Suburban, and commented that it was bigger than your Ford Fiesta...

-Mike

• Like 2

Umm.. did that surprise you? Not sure what the point of your post is.. the whole point of the Max is its size. It's like saying you saw a Chevy Suburban, and commented that it was bigger than your Ford Fiesta...

-Mike

The Nexus 5 certainly is no Ford Fiesta. More like a Corvette

• Like 1

The Nexus 5 certainly is no Ford Fiesta. More like a Corvette

Oh I know that, I'm typing this on my N5 :) I was just referring to his comment about the sizes. The Max has a screen published to be almost an inch larger.

-Mike

• Like 1

Finally got to see the HTC one max in person... Its screen is bigger than my nexus 5...

Went to sprint yesterday to look at it myself and all I could do was laugh when I saw how ridiculously large this device really is in person.  Anyway, can't wait until I get to try it out on a daily basis.

• Like 2

Oh I know that, I'm typing this on my N5 :) I was just referring to his comment about the sizes. The Max has a screen published to be almost an inch larger.

-Mike

I think he was trying to say that the entire n5 can fit inside of the screen area of the one max.

• Like 4

I think he was trying to say that the entire n5 can fit inside of the screen area of the one max.

2273118-282572-big-fish-eating-a-little-

AJ

• Like 1

That's how I interpreted it. ;)

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's how I interpreted it. ;)

Comparing the Nexus 5 to the HTC One max is like "throwing a hot dog down a hallway."

:P

AJ

• Like 5

Exactly what I was getting at

.. Its sexy though...

Comparing the Nexus 5 to the HTC One max is like "throwing a hot dog down a hallway."

:P

AJ

I'm pretty sure I interpreted this in the completely wrong way...

Went to sprint yesterday to look at it myself and all I could do was laugh when I saw how ridiculously large this device really is in person.  Anyway, can't wait until I get to try it out on a daily basis.

Did you also take a look at the Galaxy Mega?  Now that's a beast in size... Just looked at one myself today

Finally got this phone... of course I had to order it from Best Buy a few days before thanks giving.... never expected them to drop the price by $100 for Cyber monday.... sigh $100 out the window....

About the finger print scanner, you can swipe UP or DOWN either/both direction and still work, but you can't swipe side to side from either side.  Doesn't matter how you swipe during the initial setup either.  So for those who hate swiping down i found a push/swipe up to be easier and less likely to touch the camera lens by accident.  The only thing I don't like about is A) its in the back meaning if the phone is laying down i can't scan my finger print... B) if A happen, i have to type a password, I can't fall back to pin number or pattern unlock.

FYI comparing it side by side to my Galaxy S4, the Band 25 LTE 1900 reception is about 5-10% worse than the S4 (percent reported by Network signal info app) and it seem not able to hold onto LTE signal as well as the S4 and drop to 3G earlier (no surprise there if the reception is not as good as the S4).

On the other hand, I'm working in Downtown chicago this week and I was able to confirm the phone uses Band 41 TDLTE and pull 10-30mbps, at least if i'm outdoor,  Indoor in the office building I'm only getting Band 25 LTE. 

Anyone know when are they turning on LTE800 around chicago?

• Like 1

Finally got this phone... of course I had to order it from Best Buy a few days before thanks giving.... never expected them to drop the price by $100 for Cyber monday.... sigh $100 out the window....

About the finger print scanner, you can swipe UP or DOWN either/both direction and still work, but you can't swipe side to side from either side.  Doesn't matter how you swipe during the initial setup either.  So for those who hate swiping down i found a push/swipe up to be easier and less likely to touch the camera lens by accident.  The only thing I don't like about is A) its in the back meaning if the phone is laying down i can't scan my finger print... B) if A happen, i have to type a password, I can't fall back to pin number or pattern unlock.

FYI comparing it side by side to my Galaxy S4, the Band 25 LTE 1900 reception is about 5-10% worse than the S4 (percent reported by Network signal info app) and it seem not able to hold onto LTE signal as well as the S4 and drop to 3G earlier (no surprise there if the reception is not as good as the S4).

On the other hand, I'm working in Downtown chicago this week and I was able to confirm the phone uses Band 41 TDLTE and pull 10-30mbps, at least if i'm outdoor,  Indoor in the office building I'm only getting Band 25 LTE. 

Anyone know when are they turning on LTE800 around chicago?

14 day return window, get your money back.

B0zoQcz.png?1

For all the new users out there who like messing with *#*#4636#*#*, the One Max is made with a built in "AUTO" selection. Guess HTC figured this hidden menu caused people some problems.

On another note, in terms of radio quality. It seemed to be on par or slightly better than the Photon Q I had previously. Comparing it to the S3, the One Max seemed to hold a band 25 LTE signal inside a house, while the S3 dropped it inside and stayed on 3G. 

• Like 1

B0zoQcz.png?1

For all the new users out there who like messing with *#*#4636#*#*, the One Max is made with a built in "AUTO" selection. Guess HTC figured this hidden menu caused people some problems.

On another note, in terms of radio quality. It seemed to be on par or slightly better than the Photon Q I had previously. Comparing it to the S3, the One Max seemed to hold a band 25 LTE signal inside a house, while the S3 dropped it inside and stayed on 3G. 

Thats good to know.

They don't price match previous sale from Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday, and the price already went back up to $249 today

Buy the phone from HTC and get a $100 Best Buy gift card

https://shop.us.htc.com/detail/htc-one-max-4g-lte-mobile-phone-silver-sprint-/5086?cid=email_promo_HTCOne_100BBYGC_201312_us_hero_cta2

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Buy the phone from HTC and get a $100 Best Buy gift card

https://shop.us.htc.com/detail/htc-one-max-4g-lte-mobile-phone-silver-sprint-/5086?cid=email_promo_HTCOne_100BBYGC_201312_us_hero_cta2

Update your link.

Why, it works for me... Shows $100 gift card.

EDIT: Hmmm, looks like something may be blocked on my end. (Thanks Employer) Carry on.

This is what we're getting:

BjLsIUS.jpg