HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

Going to attempt to buy the phone today..... Struck out at my local best buy, preferred wireless (sprint store) and radio Shack yesterday.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

You need to hit a Corporate Sprint store, online with HTC (they have a $100 Best buy gift card promo) or buy it ONLINE with best buy, Best Buy's brick and mortar don't carry the phone

Edited by bitslizer

Picked it up at a corporate store add suggested... How do I change the band priorities, already got my msl if needed.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

I would like to know as well, I would set mine to 2500, 800, 1900 in order of preference, 1900 is too bz in my area

• Like 1

Picked it up at a corporate store add suggested... How do I change the band priorities, already got my msl if needed.

I'd be very interested to hear your impressions of this phone after you have had it a few days.  I'm especially interested in how you feel the RF performance is.

Thanks...

What car charger are you using to charge your phone ?

Any decent one that can push out at least 2 amps should work fine, be aware that if you are using detachable USB cable type, you need a high quality cable (real OEM for example).  I was using some generic cable yesterday on a road trip with a new charger and it could not keep up with me using Waze for GPS... draining the battery at a rate of about -500ma even plugged into the charger.  

After I got home and before I head out to dinner I grabbed my trusty HP Touch pad's cable which I know for sure is capable of delivering high current, plugged back into the same charger and I was getting +500ma when using Waze.

I'd be very interested to hear your impressions of this phone after you have had it a few days.  I'm especially interested in how you feel the RF performance is.

Thanks...

My personal impression is the RF for LTE is not as good as the Galaxy S4, I remember looking at the LTE side by side and the RSRP is 5-10dbm worse than the S4

a couple post above zodiac say he feel it is better than the Galaxy S3

• Like 1

Thanks...

Well I've been rocking the One Max(with the power jacket case) since friday and for the most part its a great device and Dat Screen!!!!  As for the rf performance, its great when it comes to the 1x and 3g side of the things and compared to the One its slightly better in the 4g department but still has a ways to go to get close to the N5.

• Like 2

Well I've been rocking the One Max(with the power jacket case) since friday and for the most part its a great device and Dat Screen!!!!  As for the rf performance, its great when it comes to the 1x and 3g side of the things and compared to the One its slightly better in the 4g department but still has a ways to go to get close to the N5.

Thanks for your input.  I really like the screen on the one max, but I'd hate to sacrifice LTE.  Somehow, I'm always in a fringe reception area.  C'mon 800 MHz LTE!

My personal impression is the RF for LTE is not as good as the Galaxy S4, I remember looking at the LTE side by side and the RSRP is 5-10dbm worse than the S4

a couple post above zodiac say he feel it is better than the Galaxy S3

This is good information.  Thank You!

Well I've been rocking the One Max(with the power jacket case) since friday and for the most part its a great device and Dat Screen!!!! As for the rf performance, its great when it comes to the 1x and 3g side of the things and compared to the One its slightly better in the 4g department but still has a ways to go to get close to the N5.

Do you know how to prioritize the lte bands?

Where did you get the power jacket and what chargers you using?

Do you know how to prioritize the lte bands?

Where did you get the power jacket and what chargers you using?

Actually I got the One Max and power jacket directly from htc to test out and keep.  As far as a charger I just use the stock charger it comes with which charges the phone a lot faster.  With the power jacket I am getting two days with what I would consider heavy use. 

Just came across this

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2358-everything-800mhz-1xa-lte-coverage-timeline-etc/page-92&do=findComment&comment=250261

What post or page are you looking at?

page 92, post 1826, the link should be direct to that post, talking about using modded PRL to set the band priority

page 92, post 1826, the link should be direct to that post, talking about using modded PRL to set the band priority

That's for priortizing 800 smr (voice), we want to prioritize the lte bands to find band 41(clearwire ).

If anyone knows how to change the band priority like on the g2x key me know and I'll be the guinea pig...

• Like 1

I have a question about the HTC One Max.  I was looking at the Sprint LTE coverage map for PA on Sprint.com.  When I choose the HTC one max as my device, there are large areas of no coverage.  If I change back to my current phone the LG G2, I get off network roaming in the same places on the map that the HTC One Max shows no coverage. 

Is there an essential band that is missing from the One Max that doesn't allow roaming on Verizon's network?

I tried many other Tri Band phones as the choice of device on Sprint's coverage map, but only the One Max shows the vast areas of no coverage.  Is this an error on Sprint's coverage map when the One Max is chosen as the preferred device?

Curious? 

I have a question about the HTC One Max. I was looking at the Sprint LTE coverage map for PA on Sprint.com. When I choose the HTC one max as my device, there are large areas of no coverage. If I change back to my current phone the LG G2, I get off network roaming in the same places on the map that the HTC One Max shows no coverage.

Is there an essential band that is missing from the One Max that doesn't allow roaming on Verizon's network?

I tried many other Tri Band phones as the choice of device on Sprint's coverage map, but only the One Max shows the vast areas of no coverage. Is this an error on Sprint's coverage map when the One Max is chosen as the preferred device?

Curious?

Can't answer you 100% but would guess that it's an error.... I believe it's a world phone.

Can't answer you 100% but would guess that it's an error.... I believe it's a world phone.

Yeah, It's kind of strange.  When I chose the One Max as my device on Sprint.com coverage maps, it shows no coverage in areas where other Tri Band phones or single band phones show off network roaming. 

So how are you liking the screen?

Really like it, just getting my screens and apps setup....Really want to connect to phase one and two band 41 in Columbus though.

I've had my evo lte with me all day comparing signals, etc...I'll update my non scientific findings tomorrow or Wednesday.

Thanks Mike, If you need any specific data from this phone, let me know....

Thanks, post a SignalCheck screenshot when connected to LTE if you can! Hoping everything works..

-Mike