HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

I have a HTC one for almost 3 weeks. I just realized that I had a LTE connection issue. Never paid attention to it before. The phone can discover the LTE signal (after toggling the airplane mode). However, it can not hold it. When I tried to use it, the network is switched to 3G. Actually, the signal level of LTE is very strong when this happened, -70 or -80dB. I felt that it is the firmware or configuration issue with the phone. Any person has a similar problem like me? I already told with Sprint and they can't solve the problem. Any sugguestions? I already updated PRL, profile. My area is officially lauched and I had the best signal (shown on SPRINT coverage map)

Edited by bondseven

Wow, getting s-off was ridiculously easy.  Literally did mines in a minute and a half while in the drive through using terminal emulator.

I picked up one the other day and it should be arriving later today or tomorrow. For those of you coming from the Evo LTE to the One, are you finding it to be a good change?

It's not remotely close to a good change, this phone is leaps and bounds ahead of the EVOLTE. Everything is fast, snappy and lag free. Hope you like it!

-Luis

• Like 2

It's not remotely close to a good change, this phone is leaps and bounds ahead of the EVOLTE. Everything is fast, snappy and lag free. Hope you like it!

-Luis

Good to know. After playing with one at the Sprint store, I had to have it. I'm not crazy about Blinkfeed, so I hope we can eventually disable it, but everything else seemed great. If I had to gripe about one major thing, it'd be the lack of a multi-color notification LED like Samsung has had for a few years. The little green/red LED hidden in the speaker grille is dated and ineffective IMO as a modern component of a top tier cell phone for a manufacturer.

Good to know. After playing with one at the Sprint store, I had to have it. I'm not crazy about Blinkfeed, so I hope we can eventually disable it, but everything else seemed great. If I had to gripe about one major thing, it'd be the lack of a multi-color notification LED like Samsung has had for a few years. The little green/red LED hidden in the speaker grille is dated and ineffective IMO as a modern component of a top tier cell phone for a manufacturer.

I actually find LED notification lights extremely annoying since when I'm reading something I choose to ignore the light, and on the ONE it's really bright to me. It feels like it assaults me. It was more subdued on the EVO LTE.

-Luis 

This was actually a complaint for those how upgraded from the OGEVO to the EVOLTE. I have to say that I still miss my multi color LED.

This was actually a complaint for those how upgraded from the OGEVO to the EVOLTE. I have to say that I still miss my multi color LED.

Doesn't the ogevo only have orange/green also? I'm confused what phone has more colors and how it works any different. What colors does Samsung have? Any examples?

Doesn't the ogevo only have orange/green also? I'm confused what phone has more colors and how it works any different. What colors does Samsung have? Any examples?

IIRC the OGEVO could display red green and orange.

Either way, there hasn't been an Evo/HTC phone that I can recall with a true RGB LED that is configurable, via something like Lite Flow. The ability to tailor custom colors for specific app notifications should be the status quo at this point, IMO.

Either way, there hasn't been an Evo/HTC phone that I can recall with a true RGB LED that is configurable, via something like Lite Flow. The ability to tailor custom colors for specific app notifications should be the status quo at this point, IMO.

I don't believe HTC sees this as a make it or break it features... Would it be nice to have it? Sure. Can you still use the phone without it? Yeah.

-Luis

is it just me or anyone else find it amusing that we went from everyone complaining about how huge cell phones were and being amazed when phones like the RAZR finally hit the streets and rejoicing as they got smaller and smaller...

will+ferrell+tiny+phone.jpg

And now we're going back to clammoring for bigger and bigger!

(and yes I know it's the smartphone vs phone)

is it just me or anyone else find it amusing that we went from everyone complaining about how huge cell phones were and being amazed when phones like the RAZR finally hit the streets and rejoicing as they got smaller and smaller...

will+ferrell+tiny+phone.jpg

And now we're going back to clammoring for bigger and bigger!

(and yes I know it's the smartphone vs phone)

I think it's more of a pattern, and social status type of thing. When the RAZR came out, it was a luxury item and being able to have something that was tiny, and just as functional if not more, than it's bigger counterparts. Now it's about having the bigger screens and highest resolutions. It's perceived as better, and it's the constantly changing state of our society. Some things get bigger while others get smaller, or vice versa. You might never really know what might be the next big thing until you start seeing a pattern that technology has allowed us to follow... I hope this makes sense xD

-Luis

• Like 1

I don't believe HTC sees this as a make it or break it features... Would it be nice to have it? Sure. Can you still use the phone without it? Yeah.

-Luis

Agreed. It won't keep me from using the phone, but I'd much rather see them move up to the status quo with the other OEM's.

• Like 1

My OG EVO, EVO 3D, EVO LTE, and ONE only have Orange and Green LED colors. 

I think the OGEVO had a second LED. I remember that I could charge my phone and have the notification light blink at the same time.

Yes, but that was limited to a Sprint partnership in only one market.

AJ

AJ, which market was that? IIRC the old Omnipoint(now T-Mobile) was established on the old Sprint GSM network.

I think the OGEVO had a second LED. I remember that I could charge my phone and have the notification light blink at the same time.

I think you are right,  but the second led was disabled all together and I think it was originally designed to be a notification for wimax.    There were a few kernels that enabled it to be used for other things.

• Like 1

I think you are right,  but the second led was disabled all together and I think it was originally designed to be a notification for wimax.    There were a few kernels that enabled it to be used for other things.

A WiMax LED? How strange xD

-Luis

AJ, which market was that? IIRC the old Omnipoint(now T-Mobile) was established on the old Sprint GSM network.

Washington-Baltimore was the only affected market.  It had operated as a GSM market under the brand Sprint Spectrum, not Sprint PCS.  Circa 1998, Sprint retained its spectrum but transitioned from GSM to CDMA and rebranded Washington-Baltimore to Sprint PCS. Then, Omnipoint, which had not obtained its own spectrum in Washington-Baltimore until FCC auction in 1997, reportedly took over the Sprint Spectrum GSM infrastructure.

AJ

• Like 2