HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

How do you verify through text? O.o

-Luis

It is steps to either go to sprint.com/verify and type in your company email(if your job provides a personal work email, ex. Firstname.lastname@workdomain.com) or print and fax the verification form along with recent proof, ex. pay stub, work ID, membership card(AAA or credit union).

Along with the release of the Google Edition of the HTC ONE, rumors say that the Nexus experience might come to regular HTC ONES.... This seems interesting, so they might give users a choice between Sense and Stock.

http://www.mobileburn.com/21666/news/existing-htc-one-users-might-get-the-nexus-experience-in-future-update

-Luis

Of this is the case I hope the software is available for CDMA carrier models and not just the gsm models since the phone is bring sold gsm unlocked.

I have a rooted and s-Off'd EVO 3D and EVO 4G LTE with cases and accesories that I'd be willing to trade for the HTC ONE. I'm in Columbia SC, willing to drive to meet.

Both phones are working properly - can return both to 100% stock if need be. But only at the meet to trade and it's a sure thing.

Both phones for the single HTC ONE.

Stuck on the Poor Man's HTC for now.

No offense but I don't see how anyone will be dumb enough to do an even trade like this. 

Of this is the case I hope the software is available for CDMA carrier models and not just the gsm models since the phone is bring sold gsm unlocked.

I'm not sure if the software, such as the launcher, has anything to do with the radios. That it, unless, they make the WHOLE UI the Nexus. I still won't do it cause I don't want to give up the Beats Boomsound and Zoes.

-Luis

I have a rooted and s-Off'd EVO 3D and EVO 4G LTE with cases and accesories that I'd be willing to trade for the HTC ONE. I'm in Columbia SC, willing to drive to meet.

Both phones are working properly - can return both to 100% stock if need be. But only at the meet to trade and it's a sure thing.

Both phones for the single HTC ONE.

No offense but I don't see how anyone will be dumb enough to do an even trade like this.

Depends on what someone is looking for.

They may hate the phone and have an older one they like more, used their upgrade bought the phone for $200 and may want to earn back nearly double what they spent to buy it. I've seen it happen before.

I'm not sure if the software, such as the launcher, has anything to do with the radios. That it, unless, they make the WHOLE UI the Nexus. I still won't do it cause I don't want to give up the Beats Boomsound and Zoes.

-Luis

From my understanding the boomsound will still work it just will not display the beats logo in the corner. As for Zoe that will be lost but I am sure there will be camera apps to simulate it.

• Like 1

Google actually might integrate these types of functionality into their newer Android versions in order to make up for the loss that we see now with the Google Edition phones. The Nexus devices might start having Zoe like features and dual camera in pure Android, which would be awesome. Android is excellent but they can start packing in the useful features from Samsung and HTC instead of the not so useful features such as air gesture or smart stay and such. I went to the Sprint store and the GS4's air gestures didn't work even though everything was on in the settings. The tilt to scroll was neat but half the time it did not work because my glasses cast a reflection and it couldn't track my eyes anymore.

From my understanding the boomsound will still work it just will not display the beats logo in the corner. As for Zoe that will be lost but I am sure there will be camera apps to simulate it.

There's a big difference when you use the speakers with and without the Beats optimizations.

With ear phones it's not such a big deal, I have a pretty good pair from Bose.

-Luis

There's also a rumor that HTC will update the ONE to 4.2 soon, and there have been leaks of the full build.

-Luis

I hope that happens soon, that would be cool

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

There's also a rumor that HTC will update the ONE to 4.2 soon, and there have been leaks of the full build.

-Luis

I hope that happens soon, that would be cool

I hope with the update the ability to remove blinkfeed. I know people enjoy it and it has had some good reviews, but not for me.

Personally, I like Blinkfeed. I would, however, like to change the 'minimalist' style Weather & Clock widget to the nicer looking classic Weather & Clock widget.

-Luis

Cant wait!

I hope with the update the ability to remove blinkfeed. I know people enjoy it and it has had some good reviews, but not for me.

Just dont use it. I hated it at first but now i use it all the time :P

• Like 1

Personally, I like Blinkfeed. I would, however, like to change the 'minimalist' style Weather & Clock widget to the nicer looking classic Weather & Clock widget.

The minimalist weather style has kind of grown on me, but I've been using Google Now to look up the weather for the day.

-Luis

I wonder if htc will announce a red htc one sometime today?  I wonder if it will be exclusive to verizon?

• Like 1

I thought they already announced a red and blue.

Well something should get announced today(as in actual availability) for verizon I am thinking.  Not necessarily a red one but a One none the less.

Well it looks like it was in fact announced officially for verizon just no dates available as yet.  I wonder how verizon is going to bastardize this phone.

• Like 1

Well it looks like it was in fact announced officially for verizon just no dates available as yet.  I wonder how verizon is going to bastardize this phone.

Hopefully not much. Maybe the reason HTC was holding out on Verizon, was so Verizoncould see how well the phone is doing, to try and convince them not to brand it as much. My reasoning only, but it might be true.

-Luis

Someone please confirm if the 4.2 update is official or if it's only through the AndroidRevolution ROM.

-Luis

I think it may be based on the ruu that was leaked the other day so I guess we can't really say its official, could be wrong though since I don't follow that particular thread. 

I think it may be based on the ruu that was leaked the other day so I guess we can't really say its official, could be wrong though since I don't follow that particular thread. 

Oh ok, that's probably why all I see in news updates is HTC ONE updated to 4.2

-Luis

I don't know if this makes it official or not, but this is how I found out about the 4.2 update: 

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/01/htc-one-android-4-2-2-update/

Been doing the "check updates" on my phone fairly regularly. 

Peace,

DM

This is for the international unbranded version of the phone, I would say it would be a few weeks to a month(at the minimum) before it makes it to the sprint variant.

• Like 1

This is for the international unbranded version of the phone, I would say it would be a few weeks to a month(at the minimum) before it makes it to the sprint variant.

Sprint has been pretty good in rolling out updates before any other carrier. So I agree that a month at the most is what we might be dealing with.

-Luis

• Like 3