HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

A WiMax LED? How strange xD

-Luis

Yeah, thats probably why they decided to disable it in the final product.

Finally picked it up last night after work and activated it. So far, I'm loving this thing. It runs circles around my Evo LTE. Not regretting this choice at all!

Have you noticed improved performance with 4G compared to EVO LTE?

I am also thinking of picking one up, but if it does not have any significant improvement in aquiring and holding 4G, then I might wait as my EVO LTE works just fine (except for the navigation issue)....

I am also thinking of picking one up, but if it does not have any significant improvement in aquiring and holding 4G, then I might wait as my EVO LTE works just fine (except for the navigation issue)....

Currently, I drive through a small section of LTE on my way to/from work, so that's hard to say. I will have to get back to you on that.

Finally picked it up last night after work and activated it. So far, I'm loving this thing. It runs circles around my Evo LTE. Not regretting this choice at all!

I find that's it better than the evo lte ,but not as good as the optimus g, or galaxy phones. In my store the one and evo drop lte in part of the store where the galaxy's and my old optimus kept lte. Other than the signal weakness I love the phone.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

..hmmmm what to do......,

I also was looking at the black version, and I think I like better than silver.... Any feedback on black vs. silver when it comes to signal performance?  I don't think it should matter much, but just asking....

I also was looking at the black version, and I think I like better than silver.... Any feedback on black vs. silver when it comes to signal performance? I don't think it should matter much, but just asking....

There is no difference in speed test between the colors.

I also was looking at the black version, and I think I like better than silver.... Any feedback on black vs. silver when it comes to signal performance?  I don't think it should matter much, but just asking....

The only thing color has to do is with the absorption and reflection of the visible color spectrum, so no, color has nothing to do with reception.

-Luis

The only thing color has to do is with the absorption and reflection of the visible color spectrum, so no, color has nothing to do with reception.

-Luis

Yes. Unless you start using paints that have IR blocking characteristics... (and other frequencies outside the visible color spectrum for that matter).....But for cell phone frequencies, it should not matter.

Yes. Unless you start using paints that have IR blocking characteristics... (and other frequencies outside the visible color spectrum for that matter).....But for cell phone frequencies, it should not matter.

LOL, I had to google this. Never knew this was possible. Regardless I don't think a smartphone manufacturer would sabotage a phone by using cell phone signal blocking paint. I would love to see a black one in person though.

-Luis

I think most will say that it will run circles around the evo when it comes to lte performance, hell what phone wouldn't.  As far as compared to other phones, I find that its just as good as other phones when it comes to lte.  For a few days I carried both a gs4 and a One and both performed exactly the same when it came to connectivity.

• Like 1

My OG EVO, EVO 3D, EVO LTE, and ONE only have Orange and Green LED colors.

I think the OGEVO had a second LED. I remember that I could charge my phone and have the notification light blink at the same time.

I think the OGEVO had a second LED. I remember that I could charge my phone and have the notification light blink at the same time.

I think you are right, but the second led was disabled all together and I think it was originally designed to be a notification for wimax. There were a few kernels that enabled it to be used for other things.

I think you are right, but the second led was disabled all together and I think it was originally designed to be a notification for wimax. There were a few kernels that enabled it to be used for other things.

-Luis

-Luis

Yeah, thats probably why they decided to disable it in the final product.

I read about it a few years ago. Apparently the first set of OG EVOs were running a version of Android (2.0 ?), and a version of Sense that did not have an on-screen notification of WiMAX 4G, so HTC included a second LED light to let users know when the had 4G WiMAX signal.

As far as I know, the WiMAX LED was disabled on the EVO devices when the received the OTA to Gingerbread 2.3. I also believe that in the last run of OG EVO, they stopped including the WiMAX LED. My old OG EVO, that I bought in September of 2011 did not seem to have the second, WiMAX LED. I personally tried several methods to activate the second LED and none of the methods worked.

Edited by kct1975

What cases are good for the one? Is anyone using a speck case? I'm usually use otterbox but this time I want to try something different that still provides good protection I and is not too thick.

I have a white speck case and like it a lot.I also have a defender otterbox that I pushed the hard screen protector out of. My finger kept hitting the lip of the opening over the home buttons and speaker. It was very annoying.

What cases are good for the one? Is anyone using a speck case? I'm usually use otterbox but this time I want to try something different that still provides good protection I and is not too thick.

I am using a basic crystal clear tpu case on my mines, it protects very well and you can still see all that sexiness that is the htc one.

I have a white speck case and like it a lot.I also have a defender otterbox that I pushed the hard screen protector out of. My finger kept hitting the lip of the opening over the home buttons and speaker. It was very annoying.

I am using a basic crystal clear tpu case on my mines, it protects very well and you can still see all that sexiness that is the htc one.

The black speck has gotten my attention, I did see a clear/black tpu case on amazon that looked cool also. I have a commuter for my evo now but I want something a little more then. How hard is the speck to get off? When I sold a white one and put it on for the customer it seemed super hard.

I'm really torn between the Otterbox Commuter and the Incipio DualPro. I really like the Commuter on my EVO LTE so I'm leaning more towards another Commuter. I also am hoping a holster will work with either. The Seidio Active holster works with the Commuter for my EVO perfectly. Has anyone tried either of these?

Edited by Jaggrey

I'm really torn between the Otterbox Commuter and the Incipio DualPro. I really like the Commuter on my EVO LTE so I'm leaning more towards another Commuter. I also am hoping a holster will work with either. The Seidio Active holster works with the Commuter for my EVO perfectly. Has anyone tried either of these?

I have the Otterbox Commuter case on my HTC One, and I love it. It fits perfectly on the phone and does protect it well. About a month after having the HTC One with the Commuter case on it, I actually dropped the phone on a concrete sidewalk, and the phone is fine. Also, there were no scratches on the case either, only a very minor nick on the rubber bezel.

Personally, I also feel that the Otterbox Commuter case makes the phone look professional.

As for holsters, I did have a few problems finding a holster that fit. With the help, however of one of the nice members here, I was able to find a holster that fit on Amazon. If you like, I'll look for the link and post it.

I have the Otterbox Commuter case on my HTC One, and I love it. It fits perfectly on the phone and does protect it well. About a month after having the HTC One with the Commuter case on it, I actually dropped the phone on a concrete sidewalk, and the phone is fine. Also, there were no scratches on the case either, only a very minor nick on the rubber bezel.

Personally, I also feel that the Otterbox Commuter case makes the phone look professional.

As for holsters, I did have a few problems finding a holster that fit. With the help, however of one of the nice members here, I was able to find a holster that fit on Amazon. If you like, I'll look for the link and post it.

Wow that would be perfect. If you could post the link I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Wow that would be perfect. If you could post the link I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I think this is the link...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AGQKRL0/ref=aw_ls__4?colid=3Q99GR0EOK2SG&coliid=I14NC2UK1N03SC

Nice. From what I heard, there will be some functionality improvements (i.e. holding the back button will act as menu button so we don't have to see the '3 dot' menu button at the bottom of the screen.  I also heard quick settings in the notification area, etc....

My guess is that they will up Sense to 5.1 perhaps....