HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

jeeze everyone is missing or ignoring my /ducks. While I would certainly prefer sprint to be gsm based, I wasn't seriously suggesting at this point above.

Maybe we can sing Kumbya when VoLTE is more developed a few years down the road. Until then, doubtful. The way out of the standards mess is through, not to reverse course. 

• Like 1

No issues with gps but you will always find someone having some sort of issue with any device.  As far as updates, htc has always been pretty good with updates, the main issue with timely updates though are the carriers.  If your phone does not get updated in a reasonable amount of time, 99.9% of the time its the carriers fault.  Hell, look at the gnex on verizon, they treated that phone like it was a red headed step child.  Even the sprint version of the gnex got updated a hell of a lot faster than verizon's version.

I should have asked this earlier, not sure if there is a real answer. Why is it that iphones get updates right away on sprint and version if 99.9% of the time its the carriers fault for them being delayed. Could it be part of the apple contract for the carriers to support the iphone? If so that means it is possible for other manufactures to get updates in a timely manor. I know verizon did the gnex dirty, ruined it for other cdma carriers(Sprint).

Google allows manufactureres to and carriers to add to the base operating system whuch causes software compatibility issues. Apple does bot allow this so it is "easier" to roll out software updates.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I should have asked this earlier, not sure if there is a real answer. Why is it that iphones get updates right away on sprint and version if 99.9% of the time its the carriers fault for them being delayed. Could it be part of the apple contract for the carriers to support the iphone? If so that means it is possible for other manufactures to get updates in a timely manor. I know verizon did the gnex dirty, ruined it for other cdma carriers(Sprint).

Apple has a closed eco system that they fully control, its the same reason why you don't see iphones with lots of additional bloatware like you see on your typical android device.  Also, lets face it, Apple has more influence and carries more weight than any other single OEM and at the end of the day any specific carrier will do whatever they have to do to make sure they are able to sell iphones.  With android there are so many different OEM's and so many variations of hardware specs that there is no way to get all these different devices updated on a timely manner(compared to apple) and thats what this whole fragmentation thing is about but thats the price you pay when you have an OS thats open source.  The great thing about it though is that you really see some amazing innovations of the years.  Android has really come along way(compared to apple) and with jellybean, I think the focus on timely updates should be less of an issue.  Your typical high end android device right now running any version of JB is just as smooth and fluent as any iphone device so for me I could care less when I get key lime pie because the user experience right now is just about flawless.  Obviously though, if there are bugs here or there that needs to get fixed then I would want those fixed as soon as feasibly possible.

• Like 2

A little over a month and they are already cutting the price, even for upgrades? Hmmmmm...

-Luis

A little over a month and they are already cutting the price, even for upgrades? Hmmmmm...

-Luis

This is pretty normal for 3rd party online resellers.  Not only do they start out cheaper than the carriers themselves but their discounts are more aggressive as well.

• Like 2

This is pretty normal for 3rd party online resellers.  Not only do they start out cheaper than the carriers themselves but their discounts are more aggressive as well.

I'm torn between getting this and risk losing my discount...

If I upgrade the main line what are the chances I'll lose my discount? I don't work for the company that I got the discount from. I used the other line to upgrade for myself... Decisions, decisions.

-Luis

I get a 20% employers discount, I should have stated that.

-Luis

You mean 20% discount on your monthly service?  If thats the case I don't think it will make a difference where you get the phone but I can't say for sure.  I still get my 25% corporate discount from my old job as well but I don't remember buying another phone from any other retailer other than sprint in a while.  Honestly though, I don't think it will matter since they are just renewing your contract and not actually making changes to it.

You mean 20% discount on your monthly service?  If thats the case I don't think it will make a difference where you get the phone but I can't say for sure.  I still get my 25% corporate discount from my old job as well but I don't remember buying another phone from any other retailer other than sprint in a while.  Honestly though, I don't think it will matter since they are just renewing your contract and not actually making changes to it.

Ok thank you, and yeah on my monthly service. I hope so, it would suck to lose the discount.

Also is the Amazon thing a promotional offer or is it a permanent drop?

-Luis

Along with the release of the Google Edition of the HTC ONE, rumors say that the Nexus experience might come to regular HTC ONES.... This seems interesting, so they might give users a choice between Sense and Stock.

http://www.mobileburn.com/21666/news/existing-htc-one-users-might-get-the-nexus-experience-in-future-update

-Luis

This is pretty normal for 3rd party online resellers. Not only do they start out cheaper than the carriers themselves but their discounts are more aggressive as well.

If I upgrade the main line what are the chances I'll lose my discount? I don't work for the company that I got the discount from. I used the other line to upgrade for myself... Decisions, decisions.

-Luis

You will lose your discount. When you upgrade you have to reverify eligibility

Does this only apply to upgrading through third party sellers?

This is what I was told when I upgraded the second line the first time. Nothing happened though my discount is still there.

-Luis

Does this only apply to upgrading through third party sellers?

i dont think so, at least it didnt apply for me with maintaining my discount..although i still work for place i get a discount through 

i dont think so, at least it didnt apply for me with maintaining my discount..although i still work for place i get a discount through 

Oh ok, I left my last job 4 years ago and I never had any issues with multiple upgrades since and haven't lost my corporate discount.  I have never even been asked about it, all my purchases have been through sprint.

-Luis

Realisticly they will probably require you to verify again. When I was still working at the corporate store we would let every upgrade know the main line will get text messages to verify.

Realisticly they will probably require you to verify again. When I was still working at the corporate store we would let every upgrade know the main line will get text messages to verify.

How do you verify through text? O.o

-Luis

Folks, the recent posts in this thread are walking a fine line.  Discounts for which you do not or no longer qualify are unethical and should not be discussed at S4GRU.

For the record, I recently paid full price for an unsubsidized upgrade.  I then received an e-mail requiring me to reconfirm my eligibility for my corporate discount.

So, Luis, your account will be audited eventually, and you will be required to reconfirm your eligibility for the discount for which you do not quality.  My suggestion is that you man up and risk losing your illicit discount.  Better yet, be ethical and drop the ill gotten discount yourself.

AJ

• Like 1

Folks, the recent posts in this thread are walking a fine line. Discounts for which you do not or no longer qualify are unethical and should not be discussed at S4GRU.

For the record, I recently paid full price for an unsubsidized upgrade. I then received an e-mail requiring me to reconfirm my eligibility for my corporate discount.

So, Luis, your account will be audited eventually, and you will be required to reconfirm your eligibility for the discount for which you do not quality. My suggestion is that you man up and risk losing your illicit discount. Better yet, be ethical and drop the ill gotten discount yourself.

AJ

As far as I'm concerned my discount stays on my account for the full period of my contract (24 months) as long as I do not renew or change anything in the main line. I even talked to Sprint saying that this was only a temporary job, and they said it was all fine as long as I didn't touch the main line. My discount is valid and not illicit, or ill gotten. I was honest with Sprint when I made my account, I'm not some shady person trying to get away with fake discounts and what not. If I am to be audited I have all the original paper work from the original contract as well as the Discount paperwork.

As far as your comment for manning up, you don't know me, honestly, and I took that a bit offensively. I don't go on this site purposefully insulting members in the manner that you have before, you should learn to word your arguments better so they come across less harsh.

-Luis

about a year ago sprint started forcing reverification. Anytime you upgrade any line on your account and its been 24 months since the discount was verified it will prompt it automatically.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I have a rooted and s-Off'd EVO 3D and EVO 4G LTE with cases and accesories that I'd be willing to trade for the HTC ONE. I'm in Columbia SC, willing to drive to meet.

Both phones are working properly - can return both to 100% stock if need be. But only at the meet to trade and it's a sure thing.

Both phones for the single HTC ONE.

Stuck on the Poor Man's HTC for now.