HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

I think this is more of a "One" thing.  I called Sprint about this when I first got this phone several months ago.  They told me it was because the phone gets hung up either getting onto a 3g signal or a weak 4g signal.  I've noticed this behavior when I'm in an area that has 4g or is on the fringe of a broadcasting 4g tower.

I noticed when I am on WiFi my ONE will continuously drop and then reconnect to wifi.

Wifi everywhere? I have no such problems so I figure I better ask just to make sure you have ruled out your router as the culprit. 

I noticed when I am on WiFi my ONE will continuously drop and then reconnect to wifi.

That is a setting within your WiFi settings. If your phone is quiet for a time, it will disconnect from Wi-Fi (and 3G for that matter) in an effort to conserve battery.

Sent from my HTC ONE

• Like 1

My one does this also. Very annoying.... I have my WiFi set to always on during sleep, btw in advanced settings.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Wifi everywhere? I have no such problems so I figure I better ask just to make sure you have ruled out your router as the culprit. 

That is a setting within your WiFi settings. If your phone is quiet for a time, it will disconnect from Wi-Fi (and 3G for that matter) in an effort to conserve battery.

Sent from my HTC ONE

My one does this also. Very annoying.... I have my WiFi set to always on during sleep, btw in advanced settings. Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

I have the sleep setting turned on. However, it does it all the time while I am in the middle of doing stuff. I will be web browsing and then Chrome will give me the no network mumbo jumbo. Yes, it is all WiFi networks: school, home, friends houses. My HTC One is completely stock with no roots or 3rd part launchers.

• 2 weeks later...

Got quiet over here lol. I have brought this up before on this thread, did anyone buy their HTC One during the $25.00 google play promotion and has yet to receive it? I bought mine and registered it and after a month I got an email saying it was on the way. That email was sent over a month ago, trailing two and a half months and nothing from HTC. Sadly, this may be my last HTC device.

Got quiet over here lol. I have brought this up before on this thread, did anyone buy their HTC One during the $25.00 google play promotion and has yet to receive it? I bought mine and registered it and after a month I got an email saying it was on the way. That email was sent over a month ago, trailing two and a half months and nothing from HTC. Sadly, this may be my last HTC device.

I got an email saying 6-8 weeks last month.

Sent from my HTC ONE

I got an email saying 6-8 weeks last month.

Sent from my HTC ONE

I received my $25 google play credit about a week after I signed up. I didn't even buy my phone within the time frame (I bought it before).

Sorry you guys are having so many problems with it, has anyone tried contacting htc?

-Luis

I received my $25 google play credit about a week after I signed up. I didn't even buy my phone within the time frame (I bought it before).

Sorry you guys are having so many problems with it, has anyone tried contacting htc?

-Luis

I emailed them once, they wanted a confirmation number which I didn't write down or save. Kind of irritated they couldn't just look it up with my email address or my MSID.

Just got this.

2013-09_Service_HTCOneGP2_US_04.jpg

Canadian One's are getting the 4.3 update today. While we won't see it here in the US by the end of Sept. as promised, it sounds like the update isn't too far off. Maybe mid-Oct. at the latest?

The way the carriers work I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it at the end October, unfortunately... I hope you are right though.